2013-14 NBA Thread!!! - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!
 
Iggy's Avatar
Iggy is still living in the 80's.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 26,533
Default 2013-14 NBA Thread!!!




It's that time of year once again! This is the thread to post about all things NBA Basketball.

The Miami Heat will look to three peat, but in the East the Pacers, the Nets and the Bulls stand in their way. As for the West we have a few powerhouses that will battle it out for supremacy of their conference... namely the Thunder, Rockets, and the defending West champs Spurs.

Tonight i'll be watching pre-season basketball as the Heat host the Hawks. D-Wade and Greg Oden will not be playing.

Last edited by Iggy; 10-07-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Timvp
Rotting Corpse
 
Timvp's Avatar
Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Valley, CA
Posts: 2,242
Default

I was just about to start this thread. Damn you Iggy!!

Seriously though, it feels amazing that the NBA is back. Oh how I missed it.
__________________
“I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!
 
Iggy's Avatar
Iggy is still living in the 80's.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 26,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timvp View Post
I was just about to start this thread. Damn you Iggy!!

Seriously though, it feels amazing that the NBA is back. Oh how I missed it.
Love this time of year. October.....NFL football....and the start of the NBA!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Timvp
Rotting Corpse
 
Timvp's Avatar
Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Valley, CA
Posts: 2,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Love this time of year. October.....NFL football....and the start of the NBA!
Was watching some of the Nuggets @ Lakers preseason game. Nuggets looking mighty good so far. Lakers on the hand will pretty much be carried as far as Pau will take them. Defense is pretty bad.
__________________
“I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!
 
Iggy's Avatar
Iggy is still living in the 80's.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 26,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timvp View Post
Was watching some of the Nuggets @ Lakers preseason game. Nuggets looking mighty good so far. Lakers on the hand will pretty much be carried as far as Pau will take them. Defense is pretty bad.
Nuggets were playing some really good ball late last year. They'll definitely be one of the more interesting teams to watch this year.

As for the Lakers, I expect them to struggle again this year.....maybe a little less because they don't have the Dwight drama hanging over them, but still I think it'll be tough.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
Timvp
Rotting Corpse
 
Timvp's Avatar
Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Valley, CA
Posts: 2,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Nuggets were playing some really good ball late last year. They'll definitely be one of the more interesting teams to watch this year.

As for the Lakers, I expect them to struggle again this year.....maybe a little less because they don't have the Dwight drama hanging over them, but still I think it'll be tough.
If anything worries me the most its the Clippers.

Think all of the Laker fans know it'll be a long and tough year for them. My girlfriend's whole family are Laker fans so this will be a fun season for me personally as I do love pissing off some Laker fans.
__________________
“I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
floyd2006
The Living Dead
 
floyd2006's Avatar
floyd2006 is In The Twilight Zone
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,941
Default

Wonder how the bulls will do this year with Rose finally back. I personally think Houston will be a real contender this year.
__________________
Cinema Junkyard
floyd2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!
 
Iggy's Avatar
Iggy is still living in the 80's.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 26,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timvp View Post
If anything worries me the most its the Clippers.

Think all of the Laker fans know it'll be a long and tough year for them. My girlfriend's whole family are Laker fans so this will be a fun season for me personally as I do love pissing off some Laker fans.
Lakers fans are in denial.... they refuse to accept that the Clippers are the new owners of L.A.

Yes the Lakers have the history and tradition....but the Clippers have the talent that will override anything the Lakers can do this year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2006 View Post
Wonder how the bulls will do this year with Rose finally back. I personally think Houston will be a real contender this year.
The Bulls will be right there in contention. It's gonna be a dogfight between Miami, Chicago and Indiana.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
Timvp
Rotting Corpse
 
Timvp's Avatar
Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Valley, CA
Posts: 2,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
The Bulls will be right there in contention. It's gonna be a dogfight between Miami, Chicago and Indiana.
Don't think the New York teams will do much?
__________________
“I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!
 
Iggy's Avatar
Iggy is still living in the 80's.
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 26,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timvp View Post
Don't think the New York teams will do much?
Fuck.....how could I forget Brooklyn?! Yeah, I think the Nets will be in it as well. As for New York, I've lost faith in them the last few years. the Knicks will get into the playoffs but probably be knocked out the first round.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC