The Criterion Collection - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #21
MR SINISTER
I Eat Brains!

MR SINISTER is resurrected once more.

Have any of you seen Jigoku? I'm quite excited to see this one.
MR SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:28 PM   #22
Nosferatuscreams
Send... More... Paramedics

Nosferatuscreams has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nosferatuscreams Send a message via MSN to Nosferatuscreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradis v.1
oh, i got of copy of Kurosawa's Stray Dog that's been watched only once that i'll maybe trade/sell
I might be up for a trade for that. Give me a PM.

Also, guys, it's about the films not how much a disc is worth. Personally I'm glad they're re-releasing some stuff that was otherwise unattainable. It's not like it's a bare bones disc either, the Seven Samurai disc is a 3-disc set, not a single disc like the original release. So I see it more as paying for more material if you're really into the film. I'd like to be able to see, and own, films without having to go broke.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:32 PM   #23
MR SINISTER
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatuscreams
Also, guys, it's about the films not how much a disc is worth. Personally I'm glad they're re-releasing some stuff that was otherwise unattainable. It's not like it's a bare bones disc either, the Seven Samurai disc is a 3-disc set, not a single disc like the original release. So I see it more as paying for more material if you're really into the film. I'd like to be able to see, and own, films without having to go broke.
I agree completely. I have no problem shelling out money for Seven Samurai because it's probably one of my top 3 favorite films of all time.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #24
FatMike
The Living Dead

FatMike has no status.

Send a message via AIM to FatMike

Man, the Criterion Collection fuckin' kicks ass....these releases alone make them stand out from the competition.

Diabolique
Harakiri
The Man Who Fell To Earth
Naked Lunch
Peeping Tom
The Vanishing
Carnival Of Souls
Old 06-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #25
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Horrorholic has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Horrorholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatuscreams
Also, guys, it's about the films not how much a disc is worth.
I agree with you. I enjoy the Criterion releases and only buy the ones I know I will enjoy. I just think if Im going to shell out $40+ for a film, I should count it as an asset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel corpse 666
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007
Horrorholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #26
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Horrorholic has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Horrorholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMike
Man, the Criterion Collection fuckin' kicks ass....these releases alone make them stand out from the competition.

Diabolique
Harakiri
The Man Who Fell To Earth
Naked Lunch
Peeping Tom
The Vanishing
Carnival Of Souls
The Carnival of Souls release is absolutely top notch. I've never seen Peeping Tom or The Man Who Fell to Earth. I've heard very good things about Peeping Tom, I just never got around to seeing it. The Man Who Fell to Earth I've heard a few negative things about. Everyone I know who has seen it says it drags alot and is kind of boring. I'd be willing to give it a shot if I could find someone to rent it from before I throw down $30 for a copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel corpse 666
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007
Horrorholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #27
FatMike
The Living Dead

FatMike has no status.

Send a message via AIM to FatMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorholic
The Carnival of Souls release is absolutely top notch. I've never seen Peeping Tom or The Man Who Fell to Earth. I've heard very good things about Peeping Tom, I just never got around to seeing it. The Man Who Fell to Earth I've heard a few negative things about. Everyone I know who has seen it says it drags alot and is kind of boring. I'd be willing to give it a shot if I could find someone to rent it from before I throw down $30 for a copy.
The Man Who Fell To Earth is VERY hit or miss....the first time I watched it, I absolutely hated it. It's actually grown on me, the ending is truly weird...that's the only word I can use to describe it. Not even David Lynch weird, more like kissing your grandmother on the lips weird....
Old 06-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #28
MR SINISTER
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMike
The Vanishing
I drafted Spoorloos in the horror draft and still yet to own it on DVD. It's one of my favorite films of all time too. I really need to pull my head out of my ass and go buy it.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #29
NanaharaShuya
Rotting Corpse

NanaharaShuya has no status.

I lucked out living in Vegas...they had this place called Record City and they sold all their Criterions for a flat 20bucks! And if you bought three he charged 40! I got my Brazil, Vanishing, Insomnia all that way...people will pawn anything...suckas!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #30
brain dead
It... Won't... Die...

brain dead is dancing to the pipes of pan

The only Criterion I've seen on sale here in the UK is the Beastie Boys one. We don't have them released here and I'd most of the time pay a decent price for our passable release than the higher priced imports. I have recently found a uk online site that has them at a reasonable price so that may change in the future... Or I'll just wait 'till I'm in the US. The price wouldn't bother me too much as DVDs here are generally a lot more expensive than there.

The only ones I own are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (as it was at the time unavailable here) and even though the Chasing Amy DVD is released by a different company here, it is the Criterion disc. And it was from a reputable store so probably not bootleg.