The Criterion Collection - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
MR SINISTER
I Eat Brains!

MR SINISTER is resurrected once more.

Default The Criterion Collection

"The Criterion Collection, a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films, is dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing them in editions that offer the highest technical quality and award-winning, original supplements. Criterion began with a mission to pull the treasures of world cinema out of the film vaults and put them in the hands of collectors. All of the films published under the Criterion banner represent cinema at its finest."

*Click on any of the following listings for more details*

Kuroneko - October 18th
Dazed and Confused - October 25th
Identification of a Woman - October 25th
Island of Lost Souls - October 25th
Fanny & Alexander - November 8th
Three Colors - November 15th
The Rules of the Game - November 15th
Rushmore - November 22nd
12 Angry Men - November 22nd

The Lady Vanishes - December 6th
Design for Living - December 6th
Branded to Kill - December 13th
Tokyo Drifter - December 13th
Traffic - January 17th
Belle de Jour - January 17th
The Moment of Truth - January 24th
Godzilla - January 24th

For a complete list of previous Criterion Collection releases please visit their official website. Criterion.com
For some good deals on Criterion Collection products, please visit The Official Criterion.com Store

Last edited by MR SINISTER; 10-19-2011 at 12:29 AM.
MR SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
MR SINISTER
I Eat Brains!

Default Eclipse

“Eclipse is a selection of lost, forgotten, or overshadowed classics in simple, affordable editions. Each series is a brief cinematheque retrospective for the adventurous home viewer. Once a month, Eclipse will present a set of these films, usually from three to five titles, focusing on a particular director or theme. Our goal is to make available to the public many important works that until now have been impossible to see outside of the theatrical revival-house circuit. These range from some of the most sought-after titles from the world's greatest filmmakers to eye-opening discoveries from around the world. We are proud to present these classic works, which represent the full breadth and depth of cinema history.”

*Click on any of the following listings for more details*

Series 1: Early Bergman
Series 2: The Documentaries of Louis Malle
Series 3: Late Ozu
Series 4: Raymond Bernard
Series 5: The First Films of Samuel Fuller
Series 6: Carlos Saura's Flamenco Trilogy
Series 7: Postwar Kurosawa
Series 8: Lubitsch Musicals
Series 9: The Delirious Fictions of William Klein - Release Date: May 20th
Series 10: Silent Ozu—Three Family Comedies - Release Date: April 22nd

Last edited by MR SINISTER; 04-14-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
N2NOther
BANNED

N2NOther has no status.

I wish I could afford ALL the Criterion discs that I want...This is seriously the best DVD company out there...
N2NOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
MR SINISTER
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NOther
I wish I could afford ALL the Criterion discs that I want...This is seriously the best DVD company out there...
I'm with you on that. It would be awesome to have a shelf just for the 330+ Criterion Releases. I need to stop buying half asses films and keep that money for Criterion DVDs.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
Nosferatuscreams
Send... More... Paramedics

Nosferatuscreams has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nosferatuscreams Send a message via MSN to Nosferatuscreams

Great thread, I'm sure the info will be useful to everybody. I'm going to order the Dazed & Confused disc any day now, I've seriously been thinking of getting the Equinox disc too, but I think I can buy other stuff that I'd like more.

Great to see Seven Samurai getting a new and improved release, I'll have to pick that up. Is the new Brazil set the same as the old one or what? Anything new on it? I can't find out, looks about the same, but I haven't been able to buy it yet because it's so expensive. So many once this one comes out I can pick it up.

Looks like Criterion has a new logo too, not sure how I feel about that, the original line Criterion face was nice. Maybe I'm just used to it, as long as the artwork is the same I shouldn't really care.

I'm thinking about picking up some Luis Bu˝uel Criterions too. Or maybe Harakiri. Any opinions on these? I should make that samurai thread I keep putting off, seriously.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Horrorholic has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Horrorholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NOther
I agree. I have quite a few already, but there are so many that I want. The only one I ever saw that I didnt really appreciate was Contempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel corpse 666
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007
Horrorholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #7
MR SINISTER
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatuscreams
Great thread, I'm sure the info will be useful to everybody. I'm going to order the Dazed & Confused disc any day now, I've seriously been thinking of getting the Equinox disc too, but I think I can buy other stuff that I'd like more.
The Dazed & Confused DVD is awesome. Definitely worth the price. As for Equinox, I'm going to give that a rent but there are too many other Criterion titles for me to buy before I buy that.

Quote:
Great to see Seven Samurai getting a new and improved release, I'll have to pick that up. Is the new Brazil set the same as the old one or what? Anything new on it? I can't find out, looks about the same, but I haven't been able to buy it yet because it's so expensive. So many once this one comes out I can pick it up.
I can't wait for the Seven Samurai set to come out. I've also heard that Yojimbo & Sanjuro will also be getting the treatment. I've been putting off getting Brazil for the same reason. I almost bought it last week because it was/is $44 on Amazon but then I came across that info. I'll look later to see if it's the same features but you can click on the link in this thread and see if it's listed any different.

Quote:
Looks like Criterion has a new logo too, not sure how I feel about that, the original line Criterion face was nice. Maybe I'm just used to it, as long as the artwork is the same I shouldn't really care.
I'm not real fond of it but I put it in this thread so I can get used to it.

Quote:
I should make that samurai thread I keep putting off, seriously.
You definitely should. I can probably find some good links for it too.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Horrorholic has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Horrorholic

Quote:
Is the new Brazil set the same as the old one or what? Anything new on it?
You can check out this link that has a listing of all the features on the Brazil re-release, along with the other releases for September.
http://davisdvd.com/news/news.html
There is something that I am concerned about though. Ive noticed that some OOP Criterion are coming back into print. What will it do to the value of the films that I own that are OOP? Will they still be worth more because they are first editions? Because, honestly, you get what you pay for (Which is why they are pricey), but, I think of it as an investment everytime I buy one. So far, The 400 Blows and Playtime are coming back into print (I dont own either).
I hope this means Salo and Spinal Tap come back into print, so none of have to pay out the ass for a copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel corpse 666
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007
Horrorholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #9
NanaharaShuya
Rotting Corpse

NanaharaShuya has no status.

They truly are the 'special edition' before that title even existed. I wouldn't mind getting an updated Robocop and maybe a reprint of some John Woo(which I have only because of a trade on here due to its $$$$$)Some ass is trying to sell it on amazon.com all the time for like 250bucks. The Brazil, Fear & Loathing, Insomnia, The Vanishing, and My Own Private Idaho are all grreat..My boss has all the Kurosawa stuff so I ripped some off of him. As much as I love Fincher and Ridley Scott dvds I'm surprised they haven't had at least one release on this label. Peter Jackson is the only guy who puts more on his releases. After watching his Laserdisc version of Bad Taste I truly believe he is one of the sole pioneers of putting extras on his releases. He kindof needs to tone it down a bit these days tho. Also, I can't wait to see what kind of possibilities will open up for HDDVD once they utilize it properly. Entire seasons of shows on one disc...
Old 06-16-2006, 09:59 AM   #10
Paradis v.1
The Living Dead

Paradis v.1 has no status.

God Dammit! Who would have thought Criterion would be double dipping. My copy of Seven Samurai is now obsolete, shit, shit.