Any movies like Hatchet 1 and Wrong Turn 2? - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
jumperabv3
Not Dead Yet

jumperabv3 has no status.

Default Any movies like Hatchet 1 and Wrong Turn 2?

I am looking for movies like Hatchet (the first one) and Wrong Turn 2, or basically for movies like them which have:

1) A group of people who don't know what's gonna happen to them.
2) Some comedy just like WT2 between the people who're fighting for a prize and the funny way Marcus in Hatchet 1 talks etc...
3) Only few surviving....

I really like this concept, and I'm looking for similar movies to these. Do you have any recommendations?
jumperabv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

Yeah, try The Tripper where a bunch of unsuspecting stoner/new age hippies are getting hacked up by Ronald Regan in the woods where a music festival is taking place. It's got Jay from Jay and Silent Bob in it bring the comedy effect.
Recommended.

Maybe not so much like what you mentioned is Simon Says about a pair of psychotic twins kiling a bunch of people in the woods with wacky death traps and such.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Last edited by Erebus Dirge; 10-04-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Erebus Dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
Beyond
Rotting Corpse

Beyond is possessed by all the Devils in Hell

^ As Erebus Dirge said, If you like those I'm sure you'll enjoy Simon Says (2006), some gory fun to be had.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

I would also recomend " Cube" stay clear of the squeals there trash. A bunch of strangers wake up inside a cube-like cell with no memory how they got there. Are they all some how connected through their pasts? In order to survive they must traverse the traps and constantly shifting cells of the cube if they are to find a way out, they must pull together. What is the Cube? Is it alien in origin or something far more nefarious all together?

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5
Old 10-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
jumperabv3
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
Yeah, try The Tripper where a bunch of unsuspecting stoner/new age hippies are getting hacked up by Ronald Regan in the woods where a music festival is taking place. It's got Jay from Jay and Silent Bob in it bring the comedy effect.
Recommended.

Maybe not so much like what you mentioned is Simon Says about a pair of psychotic twins kiling a bunch of people in the woods with wacky death traps and such.
Thanks so much,
Just watched the trailer for The Tripper and I'm def going to watch this!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
jumperabv3
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
^ As Erebus Dirge said, If you like those I'm sure you'll enjoy Simon Says (2006), some gory fun to be had.
Awesome, saw the trailer as well, looks like a def watch too, thanks guys!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

No problem. I'll try and come up with some more...

Taking a different tack there's a brit slasher called Stag Knight were a bunch of pissed-up guys go on a paintball weekend in the woods and end up getting sliced and diced by a reanimated Templar Knight. Not bad I suppose. Worth a Look.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
Beyond
Rotting Corpse

Beyond is possessed by all the Devils in Hell

Glad to help out.

Have you seen 2001 Maniacs?
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Not really any room for comedy relief but still a good " killer in the wilderness" movie is Battleground. A bunch of bank robbers on the run choose a seemingly abandoned cabin in the woods,it turns out it beongs to an old whacked-out Vietnam veteran, imagine a senior citizen rambo mixed with Jason Voorhees and your pretty close. Lots of tension and creative kills. There's even a brief nod to Predator in it , watch it and you'll see what I mean. Not ground breaking stuff, but worth a watch.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
I must see that ASAP.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote