The Off Topic Thread - April 2013 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Whateverland

Whateverland The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default The Off Topic Thread - April 2013

"insert predictable april fools joke here"

good morning BD. Im hungover this morning fro 4 beers haha. Since my surgery alcohol kicks my ass and now I have a headache and my left leg hurts in various areas. Anyone doing anything fun today?
Frey is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,726
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

l feel like I got jipped on Bioshock Infinite. Apparantly if you want the game to be a decent length you need to buy the season pass or song bird edition. The game had to have a 1/3 of the length the first two Bioshocks had. It also had a very abrubt ending/story sum up leaving you with holes and much to be desired. I think I'm going to try to trade with someone and get Bioshock 1 & 2.
__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
Shoggoth
The Living Dead
 
Shoggoth's Avatar
Shoggoth is in a land of confusion
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
l feel like I got jipped on Bioshock Infinite. Apparantly if you want the game to be a decent length you need to buy the season pass or song bird edition. The game had to have a 1/3 of the length the first two Bioshocks had. It also had a very abrubt ending/story sum up leaving you with holes and much to be desired. I think I'm going to try to trade with someone and get Bioshock 1 & 2.
I used to be an avid gamer and now I have all but quit due to shit like this. The most recent console I play anymore is Gamecube. I miss the gaming days of yore.
__________________
Shoggoth is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
l feel like I got jipped on Bioshock Infinite. Apparantly if you want the game to be a decent length you need to buy the season pass or song bird edition. The game had to have a 1/3 of the length the first two Bioshocks had. It also had a very abrubt ending/story sum up leaving you with holes and much to be desired. I think I'm going to try to trade with someone and get Bioshock 1 & 2.
The season pass is just for future DLC. It was just as long, if not longer than the original Bioshock. I think people remember Bioshock being more than it was, because it was so fresh at the time. I've even heard people claiming that Bioshock was some "open world sandbox", and BI was linear, when both games were structured in the exact same way.

If you thought there were unexplained holes in the ending, I would suggest reading up on it a bit. It's some pretty deep stuff, and you will be amazed at how much thought went into it. I grasped most of the big plot elements when I played, but I was in awe at how much attention to detail went into it, when I read up on it. So many tiny details that went completely over my head when I played it.
__________________


Heretic is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
craftychicka
Fresh Kill
 
craftychicka's Avatar
craftychicka is fucking awesome
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 699
Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka
Default

I saw a 'trailer' for the new bioshock...is it still called that for video games, because I'm a little out of the loop. It looked gorgeous from a graphics standpoint, and if I knew it wouldn't consume my life I'd totally play it.
__________________
craftychicka is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,726
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
The season pass is just for future DLC. It was just as long, if not longer than the original Bioshock. I think people remember Bioshock being more than it was, because it was so fresh at the time. I've even heard people claiming that Bioshock was some "open world sandbox", and BI was linear, when both games were structured in the exact same way.

If you thought there were unexplained holes in the ending, I would suggest reading up on it a bit. It's some pretty deep stuff, and you will be amazed at how much thought went into it. I grasped most of the big plot elements when I played, but I was in awe at how much attention to detail went into it, when I read up on it. So many tiny details that went completely over my head when I played it.
I just feel like you faced off with/encountered more characters in the first two. Got more of a back story. If you look on HLTB the first game took on average two hours longer to complete.
__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
I just feel like you faced off with/encountered more characters in the first two. Got more of a back story. If you look on HLTB the first game took on average two hours longer to complete.
Those extra two hours were because of all the hacking mini-games, which admittedly, I kind of missed in this one.

Bioshock was a bit more action heavy. It had more enemy encounters overall, and the Big Daddies were a constant threat, unlike the Handyman in BI, but I think the big character encounters were about equal. In the original, you had the doctor, the magician, The fire guy, and Atlas. Not including Andrew Ryan of course, which was just a cutscene really. In BI, you had
Spoiler Below
Slate, Fink, Daisey, and Mrs. Comstock, with Mr. Comstock being handled in more of a cinematic way, like Andrew Ryan was.


Personally, I don't think one is all that much better than the other, in terms of gameplay, but I liked the overall story in Bioshock Infinite a bit more.
__________________


Heretic is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,726
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Those extra two hours were because of all the hacking mini-games, which admittedly, I kind of missed in this one.

Bioshock was a bit more action heavy. It had more enemy encounters overall, and the Big Daddies were a constant threat, unlike the Handyman in BI, but I think the big character encounters were about equal. In the original, you had the doctor, the magician, The fire guy, and Atlas. Not including Andrew Ryan of course, which was just a cutscene really. In BI, you had
Spoiler Below
Slate, Fink, Daisey, and Mrs. Comstock, with Mr. Comstock being handled in more of a cinematic way, like Andrew Ryan was.


Personally, I don't think one is all that much better than the other, in terms of gameplay, but I liked the overall story in Bioshock Infinite a bit more.

I guess we all have different opinions. Maybe I just had set my expectations too high. I've had the BI release countdown app on my home screen since an official release date was announced. Before that I read article after article, followed on Facebook, watched trailers, and had my copy pre ordered as soon as it became available to do so. After all that I just feel let down but that could be my fault for putting it on that kind of pedestal.
__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,726
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychicka View Post
I saw a 'trailer' for the new bioshock...is it still called that for video games, because I'm a little out of the loop. It looked gorgeous from a graphics standpoint, and if I knew it wouldn't consume my life I'd totally play it.
The debut trailer was a little misleading but they improved that as further trailers became available. Still don't know what the roses were about BC you never saw them in the game. It won't consume your life for very long. A couple late nights and you're done.
__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots
 
Wonderlust's Avatar
Wonderlust is spreading the sickness..
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
I used to be an avid gamer and now I have all but quit due to shit like this. The most recent console I play anymore is Gamecube. I miss the gaming days of yore.
I wanna use the word 'yore' in some kind of sentence,
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I think it's a derivative pile of shit, with hammy acting, cheap scares, and a shitty plot, actually.

Or maybe it's just overrated boo-scare fodder for the masses.
Wonderlust is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC