Lord Of Tears - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Independent Horror

Independent Horror Indie horror films

Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default Lord Of Tears

Is an upcoming indie film that is looking utterly stunning. One of the most atmospheric looking things I've seen in a loooong time.

Quote:
Lord of Tears is a startling, psychological, supernatural thriller set against the ominous backdrop of a cursed highland estate. The film features the voice of David Schofield (And American Werewolf in London, Gladiator, Pirates of the Caribbean) Lexy Hulme and Euan Douglas.

Lord of Tears tells the story of James Findlay, a school teacher plagued by recurring nightmares of a mysterious and unsettling entity. Suspecting that his visions are linked to a dark incident in his past, James returns to his childhood home, a notorious mansion in the Scottish Highlands, where he uncovers the disturbing truth behind his dreams, and must fight to survive the brutal consequences of his curiosity…

I'm not a fan in how the trailer is done overly, but it looks amazing.

I donated to the film as well as pre-ordered it. I'm that keen on it. If anyone else is interested in doing this (although the film is past it's order deadline) I've been talking to the director and writer and can likely work something out if you're keen.

Order yours here!!!

http://www.hexmedia.tv/

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Last edited by Oxley; 10-23-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is behind the wall of sleep

Awesome people. Awesome looking film.

extremehorrorcinema.com will be in the credits!

Our site is going in the right direction. We support indie film and directors!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post

Warm fuzzy feelings.

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
WayOfTheHammer
Fresh Kill

WayOfTheHammer is pressing the refresh button far too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post

Exciting times!!! : )

WE most certainly do! As for this film it does look awesome that is for sure. I hope it goes well for Lawrie Brewster and and Sarah Daly.

From what we have seen so far through their fund raising and through hits on both their and our FB pages I am sure LORD OF TEARS will do very will.
WayOfTheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
Oxley

My copying is HOPEFULLY arriving tomorrow.

It's been getting some great reviews, one reviewer said it's better than Insidious 2 and VHS 2. Not that that would be overly difficult.

Man I hope this arrives tomorrow. If anyone would like to order it let me know; the directors a really cool guy and he'll post it out within a day.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
My copying is HOPEFULLY arriving tomorrow.
Looks interesting, let us know what it's like.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
Oxley

My copy just arrived, be a good 8+ hours before I watch it though, as it calls for night time viewing. The packaging is AMAZING. Love it. Can't wait!

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #8
Oxley

So; I just watched this. Now I'm not big on ghost movies as everyone knows. And; this is easily a very slow burn, character driven film. With atmosphere so thick you could suffocate a child to Moloch. And what an experience it was.

All that said I absolutely loved this. Some of the performances weren't exactly top notch (which was expected) but that said, it made the film that much more grounded. Putting a quirky, awkward mist in the air that is always present in those situations. Perhaps it was intentional? Either way it only makes the film so much more connectible. The film takes what you know and throws it at your face just over half way. And then the ending comes out of nowhere and grabs your balls in a vice, leaving you a little depressed and sick in the stomach. The character of James is rather likeable and you end up feeling for him; he has an odd.. 'innocence' about him. And The lady, Eve. She was utterly stunning. Her looks were rather side tracking. lol

Not a lot I can say about Schofield's lines, utterly brilliant, if I had a complaint it would be the forest scene; his voice is a tad hard to catch everything he says, but it's only that one scene. Chilling stuff; love the way he spoke; used poetic like dialogue; credit here must go to Sarah too. It did remind of the way Pinhead seems to act in his first two films. His neither good, nor evil, just extremely well presented and doing what he is meant to within his rules.

There are some great scenes of intense atmosphere, I even got goose bumps during one scene and had chills running up my back (something I haven't experienced since I watched Suspiria earlier this year, and before that I can't remember the last time it happened). I don't think there was any jump scares either. It was all jut pure atmosphere, with some chilling imagery. That's talent. I watched it with my sister; she utterly freaked in some scenes. I had to get telling her to shut up. And she has since changed her Facebook Banner Photo to Owlman.

I feel very comfortable saying this IS the best modern horror film I've seen that's been made in the last three years, since 2010, when I Saw The Devil was done. Between then, and this I haven't really liked anything much in the genre. This is contending with Poltergeist at taking the crown for my most loved Ghost-like horror film too. I was terrified my hype and excitement was going to ruin this for me; I'm ever so glad it didn't. I loved ever frame. I will without doubt fully support any future projects this team goes to.

My hat is off to you; thank you ever so much for such a beautiful film. Oh, loved your shout out to Chris Lee too. And seeing ExtremeHorrorCinema in the credits was awesome!!!

In a time where horror is flooded by remakes, reboots, sequels or lame "true story" films; it's a breath of fresh air to see something this perfectly orchestrated surface from the independent market. 10/10

Quote:

Last edited by Oxley; 10-23-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

The film and package looks really cool, I wanna buy it. Did you get the Blu Ray? I can only find the DVD listed for sale.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
Oxley

I did get the BluRay. The transfer wasn't crystal but it adds to a surreality to the film. I'll have a look at the site if you want; if I can't find it I'll ask the director; whom I'm currently in a conversation with.

Quote: