2013 NFL Thread - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

I wouldn't be shocked if Greg Jennings is also signed by Miami.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Ultimate High has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
What do you call Hartline having 500 yards more receiving than his previous best season then; magic fishshit?
I'd file that one under Brandon Marshall leaving and Brian having better hands than Devon.

Quote:
We all know how capable even average division foes are of assraping seemingly superior Pasties teams in the playoffs; see 2010 Jets.
There was no ass-raping(aptly describes the match-up before the playoffs, 45-3) and it was the third time we played them.
When you see a team, twice a year, year-in and year-out familiarity occurs which, in turn, can lead to parity. The Steelers lost to the Browns, and the Rams handled the 49ers last year/etc. All of which makes the fact that the Patriots have won 10 division titles in Brady's 11 years as a starter more impressive.

Quote:
Of course, I'd be scared if I was you of another AFC East team actually developing a franchise QB.
I like Tannehill but I'm certainly not scared of him. He comes off as too laid-back, really seems to lack that requisite fire/intensity that makes good players great.

inhale

exhale
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post
There was no ass-raping(aptly describes the match-up before the playoffs, 45-3) and it was the third time we played them.
When you see a team, twice a year, year-in and year-out familiarity occurs which, in turn, can lead to parity. The Steelers lost to the Browns,and the Rams handled the 49ers last year/etc. All of which makes the fact that the Patriots have won 10 division titles in Brady's 11 years as a starter more impressive.
My point precisely; bowing out at home to a Dirty Mark QB’ed, Rex “cum shade toenail polish” Ryan head coached team you just throat throttled 45-3 qualifies as some kind of deeply humiliating and revealing violation. Also law of averages against division foes doesn’t apply to going a combined 1-4 against the Ravens and Giants in the last six postseasons. Keep in mind 1-4 could very easily have been 0-4; 0-3 against the Ravens before they even got to that Super Bowl rematch against the Giants.

Browns beating the Steelers a few odd times in the regular season is just the same as the Bills or Dolphins racking up a few odd ultimately hollow wins over the Pasties; which has happened, not the same as the Pasties being ousted from the playoffs by one of the few other quality teams that’s popped up in the AFC East recently. I do agree all those Division Titles is impressive but never the less the AFC East hasn’t been one of the good much less better divisions recently.

Only a moron would compare the quality of the AFC North to the AFC East. There are four divisions that have been consistently good recently: NFC North, South, East (and now even the once sucky West boasts two top flight Super Bowl contenders.) But in the AFC, only the North has been good year-to-year recently. In fact, considering the lack of postseason success by the likes of the Bears, Falcons, Eagles and Cowboys the AFC North probably has to be considered the toughest division in football for the past half decade. Meanwhile, the AFC East is in a rotating door of pushover divisions with the AFC West and South.

Quote:
I like Tannehill but I'm not scared of him. He comes off as too laid-back, really seems to lack that requisite fire/intensity that makes good players great.
Bedtime story horseshit. Ever hear of Joe Montana? What’s that one famous anecdote about him? Was it for chewing out a teammate? Nope.

The current undisputed best Mr. Rodgers seems pretty laid back to me. Say what you want about Eli Manning but he has two game-winning Super Bowl drives on the books; game-winning TD drives unlike Brady whose foot believe it or not didn’t kick those winning field goals. And Eli always looks like a mildly perturbed toddler in the midst of making poopers no matter what the circumstances.

Last edited by DudeClassicMan; 03-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

*Glances at unnecessarily large wall of text*
The rustling is afoot...

Teams with great defenses are a tough match-up for anyone, evidenced by the fact that both of those Giants teams reached the Superbowl. I'm willing to admit that outside of '07 all of those teams were better TEAMS than the Patriots; my jimmies remain unrustled.

Speaking of coming up small what happened the last time the Steelers limped into the playoffs?

Quote:
Only a moron would compare the quality of the AFC North to the AFC East.
Did I say and/or insinuate that? Who's to say that the reason the AFC attracts such a small amount of talent isn't due to the fact that coaches/players don't want to face Brady/Belichick twice a year?
I can't prove it and you can't disprove it so let's stick to the facts, 10 division titles in 11 years is both awesome and unheard of.
And the team's record with Brady as the starter is 136 - 39, I don't think you get 100 games over .500 by strictly beating up on teams in your division.

Quote:
Bedtime story horseshit. Ever hear of Joe Montana? What’s that one famous anecdote about him? Was it for chewing out a teammate? Nope.
Since when is 'chewing out a teammate' the definitive mark of intensity? This is immeasurable outside of the way you run your offense which is what I'm referring to, there's very little giddy-up to his game, I don't have the statistics but I'm be willing to bet he failed on the majority of last chance drives he was handed. And Aaron Rodgers gets miffed when fans tell him they thought he'd be taller; look at the way he runs his offense, he's plenty intense.

inhale

exhale
Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Hah? Five paragraphs is a giant wall of text now? I guess but only because you say so. After all, you root for the Pasties; better than any of the teams us peasants could ever root for. Have no idea what "the rustling is afoot" even means either. The Pats haven't been the team to beat for quite a while.

Since '04 the Pasties have won a disproportionately lacking amount of Super Bowls compared to Division Titles won and overall games won in the regular season. Maybe all the other top teams finally figured something out. That's what I was getting at. That's all the more reason they should have pushed harder to trade for a burner like Mike Wallace at some point. Because the vanilla midgets just aren't ever going to get them over the top against the best defenses they'll face in the playoffs.

Let all this other talent remain unwilling to face B&B twice a year thus keeping the division weak. It seems to me the only ones really getting hurt in that equation are the Pats themselves or else why the lacking regular&postseason records against the Ravens and Giants recently?

As for too passive to run a hurry-up or whatever, that's a new one. Of course, I'd have to be a mind reader to know you meant running a no huddle up tempo offense instead of fiery leadership. I'm sure it's pretty rare that any rookie QB is asked to run hurry up that often.

P.S.,
Really not a Steelers fan. It was high comedy watching the Steelers allow Tebow to do the only thing he has in his trick bag; throw it deep by playing man.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
If the Seahawks hadn't guessed right so often recently, that deal would look dubious as fuck. Even as loaded as the Seahawks seemingly are, they still could've nabbed another pass rusher with the 25th pick. You have to consider they'll need to counteract having to play Kaepernick twice a year so they'll need all the rushers they can get; even with nabbing Irvin last year.

Now if there is a team that can feel like they already have everything besides the 9ers, it's got to be the Seahawks. So I understand the gamble from that standpoint. I know one thing. Harvin should have a monster breakout year next season. He'll have every advantage; monster running game, mobile QB that extends plays except he actually does it to buy time to pass; not to prematurely scramble.
I agree. The one minor hole on Seattle was at WR. Adding Harvin to the mix is a gamble, as the guy can be head case. If he can get his act together and stay healthy, he should have great year.

Seattle has a great window where they have good/great players locked up at bargain prices. Won't last long, but it will be interesting to see if they can capitalize on it.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #27
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

The Pats havn't won the SuperBowl in quite some time now. I think their championship years are starting to fade. Are you weary of New England becoming once again, the crap team they were for most of their existence? God knows Tom Brady can't play forever....
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #28
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
"The Pats haven't been the team to beat for quite a while."

Which is why you turned our conversation onto them and wrote 8 additional paragraphs, telling me how irrelevant they are?

I'm not trying to single you out as you're part of a widespread and illustrious club; Terrell Suggs aka the ogre from PJ's LOTR, just won the Superbowl and one of the first things he did was to call into a New England radio station and start ranting over how much everyone hates the Pats. It is without a doubt, the Patriots garner more free rent in people's brain than any other team in the NFL.
We get it, the message is both loud and clear, the pats are the class of the league, the 'bar', so to speak, I mean, why else would people talk about them so much?

I'm kidding(but not really) and you're entitled, but please, save the rhetoric, it's tired, so very tired. Trust me, we've heard it all before.

inhale

exhale

Last edited by Ultimate High; 03-12-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #29
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
The Pats havn't won the SuperBowl in quite some time now. I think their championship years are starting to fade. Are you weary of New England becoming once again, the crap team they were for most of their existence? God knows Tom Brady can't play forever....
When the best the detractors can manage is "your team hasn't won the Superbowl in 8 years"(which reminds us all of that time when we won three in four) the team is doing something right. Every year there's someone that comes out of the wood-work to ask these questions and every year they're silenced by Brady and Co.

Would I like another Superbowl? Sure, who wouldn't? But let's put things in perspective, since Brady took over, nearly 80% of the games the Patriots play, they win(highest over that stretch, by far). That's an 80% chance Patriot fans are going to have a good Sunday/rest of the week, from September to Dec. Honestly, I'm really just enjoying both the ride and the rush.

inhale

exhale
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #30
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
"The Pats haven't been the team to beat for quite a while."

Which is why you turned our conversation onto them and wrote 8 additional paragraphs, telling me how irrelevant they are?

I'm not trying to single you out as you're part of a widespread and illustrious club; Terrell Suggs aka the ogre from PJ's LOTR, just won the Superbowl and one of the first things he did was to call into a New England radio station and start ranting over how much everyone hates the Pats. It is without a doubt, the Patriots garner more free rent in people's brain than any other team in the NFL.
We get it, the message is both loud and clear, the pats are the class of the league, the 'bar', so to speak, I mean, why else would people talk about them so much?

I'm kidding(but not really) and you're entitled, but please, save the rhetoric, it's tired, so very tired. Trust me, we've heard it all before.
Is writing or reading paragraphs that don't have to do with kissing the Pats ass really that hard for you? And it was really only a response to you acting like this uppity prissy god of football ready to write off a rookie QB's whole career after one season which then led to other talk about the AFC East being a shitstack division and other non AFC Least teams known to own the Pats in the postseason.

Class of the NFL; that would be the Ravens, five straight playoff trips and current champs. The Pats are the most shocking team in the NFL; nobody's been so well positioned and consistent (minus '08 ) that they could say their realistic goal was to win the Super in 7 out of 8 seasons YET they haven't won any; almost Falcons-levels of disappointment when you look at it like that and consider how long ago '04 was. If somebody told me back then, they'd get back to so many conference Title games and Super Bowls and still be stuck on three trophies, I'd tell 'em "getdafugouttahere!" But it is what it is.

In the current parity landscape, put regular season supremacy in a bag with dogshit and light it on fire.