2013 NFL Thread - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
Never thought I'd see the day when the Steelers would cut James Harrison.
34? Too old to be owed a fuck ton of money. Besides, this has been the Steelers M.O. forever; always let aging linebackers go even if none of them were the nasty bastard Harrison was. That's actually something model franchises all have in common; let your overpriced superstars go while they're still productive but obviously on the downside.

Eh, after QB and LT, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB is the most coveted position now. And you could probably even flip those last two depending on where the talent falls in a particular draft. If you're a 3-4 you're definitely gonna want to stay young at OLB.

HAH. Just realized something; how the fuck did Woodley only have 4.0 sacks last year? His deal is already looking stupider than whatever the Cowboys might end up handing Spencer this offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...teelers-player

Bang for your buck? More like bang your head against the wall that we handed this asshole all that money.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Tannehill wasn't a fluke....he'll get better!
He definitely has the tools! If he has a bad sophmore season it's gonna be hard for him to gain any ground with the Bills slightly getting better and the mainstay of the Pats plus with Rob Ryan still manning the Jets their defense will still be good.

Tannehill playing 6 games against a better Pats,Bills,Jets defense is gonna test him. Plus he is losing Jake Long so they better revamp that offensive line.

In 2 years if Tannehill has a solid offensive line and a better defense they should grab a wildcard or at least be in the mix.

1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
34? Too old to be owed a fuck ton of money.
You're in mid-season form dude.

Mine was more of a comment about Harrison's release being the end of an era.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Ultimate High has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
Bah. Hard to dismiss a guy after only one season no matter how high the bar is set for overachieving rookie QB's. Furthermore as long as you're getting chunk completions like Joe Flacco you don't have to complete a fancy pants percentage. Besides, I'm pretty sure Iggy was referring to Tannehill's top notch arm strength as being able to throw receivers open and fit the ball in tight windows thus making them better.
2011 statistics in parenthesis

Pts scored - 27th(20th), Pass yds - 26th(23rd), total offense = 27th(22nd) and would be lower(2012) without the 17th ranked rushing attack.

Wake and the defense completely carried that team, you can make statements like 'he makes his receivers better' when he actually does.

Quote:
Tannehill wasn't a fluke
He'd have to have had a good to great season already to be a fluke.

inhale

exhale
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post
I'd say for a rookie, he had a good season.
Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Sounds like Boldin to the 49ers for a 6th round pick and Harvin to the Seahawks for a 1st round pick and change.

The rich get richer. Nice to have good QBs on rookie deals.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
Sounds like Boldin to the 49ers for a 6th round pick and Harvin to the Seahawks for a 1st round pick and change.

Boldin to the 9er's is a smooth move he's a blocking wide out and tough as nails!

Harvin = All around beast!

Seahawks 2 hours ago were thinking BAM we have a nice edition to beat those 9er's fast forward to now the Seahawks are thinking WELL SHIT!!!!

1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #18
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post
2011 statistics in parenthesis

Pts scored - 27th(20th), Pass yds - 26th(23rd), total offense = 27th(22nd) and would be lower(2012) without the 17th ranked rushing attack.

Wake and the defense completely carried that team, you can make statements like 'he makes his receivers better' when he actually does.

What do you call Hartline having 500 yards more receiving than his previous best season then; magic fishshit?

He possesses the physical tools; i.e. he isn't constrained to having to play in a particular system to produce the way certain generic pussies like Maffew Casselrole are.

Will he develop? Too early to really make a judgement either way. Of course, I'd be scared if I was you of another AFC East team actually developing a franchise QB. We all know how capable even average division foes are of assraping seemingly superior Pasties teams in the playoffs; see 2010 Jets. You're not scurred; duly noted.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
You're in mid-season form dude.

Mine was more of a comment about Harrison's release being the end of an era.
Oh yeah, man, gotcha.

I don't know. They were still near the top in points allowed. The much bigger issue is if Polamalu has deteriorated into being just another guy.

I'm sure they'll find another big prick sooner or later; although it was a pretty big stretch between Lloyd and Harrison. I always read Porter as more of a loudmouth than a certifiable sadistic lunatic like Harrison. I mean they still have king prick LeBeau coaching 'em up.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post

If the Seahawks hadn't guessed right so often recently, that deal would look dubious as fuck. Even as loaded as the Seahawks seemingly are, they still could've nabbed another pass rusher with the 25th pick. You have to consider they'll need to counteract having to play Kaepernick twice a year so they'll need all the rushers they can get; even with nabbing Irvin last year.

Now if there is a team that can feel like they already have everything besides the 9ers, it's got to be the Seahawks. So I understand the gamble from that standpoint. I know one thing. Harvin should have a monster breakout year next season. He'll have every advantage; monster running game, mobile QB that extends plays except he actually does it to buy time to pass; not to prematurely scramble.