2013/2014 NHL Thread - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Default 2013/2014 NHL Thread

Thought there was a thread for the new season but not finding anything with a search. Another year for the Flyers to worry about unstable goaltending. I hope one of Mason or Emery steps up and becomes a solid number one but the Flyers just haven't had luck lately with goalies. Watched an exhibition a few days ago and looking forward to the upcoming season!
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!

Se7en Sins is Moonwalkin' with steel toed boots on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
Thought there was a thread for the new season but not finding anything with a search. Another year for the Flyers to worry about unstable goaltending. I hope one of Mason or Emery steps up and becomes a solid number one but the Flyers just haven't had luck lately with goalies. Watched an exhibition a few days ago and looking forward to the upcoming season!
Emery is a total boss. (Or at least he was for Chicago and Ottawa) I feel like the concern for you guys is your defense. Sure Bryz wasn't the best but he didn't exactly have much help on the back end.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
Emery is a total boss. (Or at least he was for Chicago and Ottawa) I feel like the concern for you guys is your defense. Sure Bryz wasn't the best but he didn't exactly have much help on the back end.
Surprisingly I'm not real worried about the D this year. Unless injuries happen abundantly like last season I think they will be alright. Braydon Coburn, Kimmo Timonen, Luke Schenn and Mark Streit make up a decent enough first couple pairings. Grossman should be healthy and with a little luck Andrej Meszaros can go a few games without hurting himself. Always have liked Kurtis Foster and hoping for a rebound year.

I moaned and bitched to no end when they signed Bryz to that ridiculous contract. I caught hell on a Flyers forum but was right in the end. Knew he was going to tank in Philly and we'd be left eating a ton of money. I like both Emery and Mason so hoping they can end the Flyer's G woes. With a healthy defense it could be interesting (or at least I hope!).
Old 09-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Surprisingly I'm not real worried about the D this year. Unless injuries happen abundantly like last season I think they will be alright. Braydon Coburn, Kimmo Timonen, Luke Schenn and Mark Streit make up a decent enough first couple pairings. Grossman should be healthy and with a little luck Andrej Meszaros can go a few games without hurting himself. Always have liked Kurtis Foster and hoping for a rebound year.

I moaned and bitched to no end when they signed Bryz to that ridiculous contract. I caught hell on a Flyers forum but was right in the end. Knew he was going to tank in Philly and we'd be left eating a ton of money. I like both Emery and Mason so hoping they can end the Flyer's G woes. With a healthy defense it could be interesting (or at least I hope!).
I mean you guys have what looks like a good team with Giroux, Hartnell, Leacavlier, Simmons, and Voracek with guys like Schenn and Couturier who are only going to get better.

Caps will be seeing you guys an awful lot this season so I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up. You guys might even get in the Winter Classic in 2015.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

Went to see the bruins get smoked by Detroit the other day. Can't wait to see more of these two teams play. Always liked the red wings.

But bruins til i die
Old 09-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
I mean you guys have what looks like a good team with Giroux, Hartnell, Leacavlier, Simmons, and Voracek with guys like Schenn and Couturier who are only going to get better.

Caps will be seeing you guys an awful lot this season so I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up. You guys might even get in the Winter Classic in 2015.
I kinda like the Capitals even though my Flyers fans hate them. Love Ovechkin, Green, and Carlson. You guys have some nice younger players and a decent core IIRC. I didn't follow hockey much last year still sour over the lockout. I've been looking forward to it this season and excited to see how some of the players with new teams perform.

If anybody wants to join a Rot. league in Yahoo fantasy hockey let me know. We have five managers in a league and would rather find people than get random sign up's.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is The Velour Fog

Don't sleep on the Blues

Alexander Steen is becoming my Favorite Player.

1. Drive
2. The Terminator
3. Robocop
4. Gladiator
5. X-Men: First Class
6. Her
7. Toy Story 3
8. Batman
9. Superman
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
mR_BuNgLe
Time Cop

mR_BuNgLe has no status.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
Mr Torrance
The Living Dead

Mr Torrance is searching for the Ringlefinch!

Goon John Scott going after Kessel,guess there was no "code"..lol
love old time hockey and brawls
Old 09-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
Se7en Sins
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
I kinda like the Capitals even though my Flyers fans hate them. Love Ovechkin, Green, and Carlson. You guys have some nice younger players and a decent core IIRC. I didn't follow hockey much last year still sour over the lockout. I've been looking forward to it this season and excited to see how some of the players with new teams perform.
Yeah we have a great team but for some reason can't make it past the second round to save our lives.

We have Ovi for like 8 more years so hopefully we can get shit done before he wears out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Don't sleep on the Blues

Alexander Steen is becoming my Favorite Player.
Blues suck