Chillerama - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
necromancer75
Not Dead Yet

necromancer75 has no status.

Default Chillerama

Entertainment Weekly caught up with director Adam Green (Hatchet, Frozen) to find out what he is working on next.

Besides a children-friendly film called "Killer Pizza," Green said that he is currently shooting "Chillerama," an anthology horror/comedy movie which will be released late in 2011.

Green explained the four "Chillerama" segments:

"Adam Rifkin (Detroit Rock City, The Chase) is doing a segment called 'Wadzilla,' which is basically a take on '50s giant monster movies. It's [about] a guy that goes to get his sperm count raised, and it creates one big sperm that attacks New York City."

"Tim Sullivan (2001 Maniacs) is doing something called 'I was a Teenage Werebear.' In gay culture there's a term 'Bear' for guys that are big hairy burly men, and it has kind of a 'Rebel Without A Cause'-type feel."

"My segment is called 'The Diary of Anne Frankenstein.' It's a black and white movie about Hitler trying to create the perfect killing machine to win the war. Joel David Moore (Avatar) plays Adolf Hitler. It's probably the funniest part he's ever done. The whole movie is in German, but Joel does not know German, so he's making up his own gibberish through the whole movie, but his subtitles are correct."

"The final one is being done by Joe Lynch (Wrong Turn 2). His is like a zombie movie with a twist they're more like sex zombies than zombies that just want to eat you."

Source: EW
necromancer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
necromancer75
Not Dead Yet

necromancer75 has no status.

According to Green's twitter the movie is done shooting and close to completion. Aside from seeing really great reviews of his segment (The Diary of Anne Frankenstein) last summer when it played in London the only other stuff I keep seeing about this on-line is for Tim Sullivan's segment. Anyone have any news on the other segments or a trailer/release date?

I like that Adam Rifkin is involved with this. I never thought he was a horror director but I like his comedy stuff like Detroit Rock City so I look forward to this. Nice to see Adam Green and Joel Moore re-teaming again, too. I heart Spiral and Hatchet.
necromancer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Here's my review of this great film:

Chillerama
This film holds three (actually four) short B horror stories, set in a drive-in theater and being projected to the viewers.
First episode is "Wadzilla", in which an impotent man becomes very potent due to a yet illegal drug, which transforms his load(s) into one big monster sperm, which manages to escape and threatens even NYC.
Second one is "Werebear". Here makes a loser the acquaintance of three gay high school dudes, who aren't that what they appear to be. At least they are not only gay.
Third one is "The Diary of Anne Frankenstein", a Naziploitation flick made by Adam Green (Hatchet), in which Hitler tries to create a monster made of a dead jew in order to win the war.
Fourth is the one in the Drive-In theater itself, which ends
Spoiler Below
in a sex-crazed zombie bloodbath of epic proportions, due to unfortunate circumstances caused by a popcorn sauce
This was absolutely great fun to watch, except for the "Werebear" episode, which was pretty lame in comparison to the three others, which were totally and outrageously hilarious and refreshing. Was laughing my ass off especially at "Wadzilla" and "The Diary of Anne Frankenstein", which already is in my book an instant classic due to the german speaking actors, who thankfully perfomed in my native toungue. PC incorrect to the max, bad taste luring in every corner and gore-soaked violence in every episode made this little gem a total winner. A party film par excellence.

10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

Im totally looking forward to watching this. cant wait. Wadzilla looks hilarious.
Robcbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
magnaderalpha
Fresh Kill

magnaderalpha has no status.

Sounds great! I'm totally up for this!!
magnaderalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is a monster turd

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Trailer:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/26272

This looks like a whole bunch of retarded fun.

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
I have a master's degree in sucking dicks.
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post
Im totally looking forward to watching this. cant wait. Wadzilla looks hilarious.
Was laughing so hard and loud at this one - as the whole theater itself. Great episode, totally out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGeek View Post
Trailer:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/26272

This looks like a whole bunch of retarded fun.
Doesn't look like it's retarded, it is indeed. But positively retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.

Last edited by Santa; 09-14-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is a monster turd

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Was laughing so hard and loud at this one - as the whole theater itself. Grewat episode, totally out of hand.

Doesn't look like it's retarded, it is indeed. But positively retarded.

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
I have a master's degree in sucking dicks.
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
The DeadlySpawn
Rotting Corpse

The DeadlySpawn is made of rats.

I didn't see it myself, but this really bombed at Frightfest.
The DeadlySpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

This looks like good, cheap thrills. I enjoy cheap thrills from time to time.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"
el terror is offline   Reply With Quote