Your "thrift shop" Goodies thread. - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Whateverland

Whateverland The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
trachea
The Living Dead

trachea is making her own "HOMEMADE" hotdogs.

Default Your "thrift shop" Goodies thread.

I scored some...
Ghostbusters drinking glasses
A 5 dollar t.v. DVD combo
Countless records
A record player
15 dollar respectable ornge leather chair from the 60's
A 50 dollar leather jacket
A trench coat for flashing
Roller skates
A muppet lunch box original
Friday the 13 th entire series on VHS
Antique dining set 40 bucks
Miss matched dishes multiple cents
Coolest sunglasses on earth 1.47

So much more...
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trachea View Post
I scored some...So much more...
I bought some comics at a yard sale the other day does that count?

I go to the Salvation Army from time to time they usually have something to buy.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
KittenInTheBrain
Not Dead Yet

KittenInTheBrain is awfully fond of Fulci.

I LOVE THRIFT STORES. Trachea, those finds are ace!

If it's cool, my last trip has a story attached...

Across the street from the tragically closed Liberace museum (but the restaurant is opened and haunted! I recommend the stuffed crab dish) is a tiny smoke shop. I hate cigarettes so I ignored it, until one day I saw those two magic words under the sign- THRIFT SHOP.

It's pretty basic crap... until I found the magazine section. Jackpot. Old cinema magazines from the 70's. Sleazy true crime rags. Fangorias, Starlogs, even a few Toxics- plus MAD magazine rip offs I've never even heard of!

I walk up to pay for my booty, and I notice a signed Michael Berryman photo behind the register. Nice.

"Oh, these. You know, all of these belonged to Ray Dennis Steckler." "REALLY??" (He points to an address sticker) "Ah-yep. When he died we got a lot of his stuff, I even have film of stuff he never released."

Ray Dennis Steckler, Aka Cash Flagg. Legendary creator of "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies." He owned Mascot Video, which was just down the road, so it made sense. Wow.

Lots of magazines like CULT MOVIES and SCARLET STREET, and they either carried a full page ad for his stuff or had an interview with him.

Every time I go in, new stuff has trickled out. The shop owner told me Steckler had a lot of footage of police brutality, as he wanted to do a documentary on the local corruption.

My last visit I got this great one sheet from THRILL KILLERS, $5 from his personal collection. BTW, based on gathered evidence... I think Steckler was secretly in love with Liz Renay.

KittenInTheBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
zigwardScissorHands
Fresh Kill

zigwardScissorHands is eating skittles, vomiting rainbows

A couple of sweet vests. I never see vests anywhere except for thrift shops.

A real leather jacket that fits perfectly and was grossly under priced.

Several suit jackets.

About 20 Goosebumps books.

Pat Benatar Fire and Ice on Vinyl. Really I was just excited to find a record that wasn't complete shit. Rarely do thrift shops around here have anything that isn't the Sound of Music soundtrack.

Tubular Bells on Vinyl

The movie Andre on laser disc. I must stress I didn't buy it for the movie because it obviously sucks. I bought it because I had never seen a laser disc before and it was a novelty.
zigwardScissorHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
craftychicka
Fresh Kill

craftychicka is fucking awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenInTheBrain View Post

Across the street from the tragically closed Liberace museum (but the restaurant is opened and haunted! I recommend the stuffed crab dish) is a tiny smoke shop. I hate cigarettes so I ignored it, until one day I saw those two magic words under the sign- THRIFT SHOP.

It's pretty basic crap... until I found the magazine section. Jackpot. Old cinema magazines from the 70's. Sleazy true crime rags. Fangorias, Starlogs, even a few Toxics- plus MAD magazine rip offs I've never even heard of!

I walk up to pay for my booty, and I notice a signed Michael Berryman photo behind the register. Nice.

"Oh, these. You know, all of these belonged to Ray Dennis Steckler." "REALLY??" (He points to an address sticker) "Ah-yep. When he died we got a lot of his stuff, I even have film of stuff he never released."

Ray Dennis Steckler, Aka Cash Flagg. Legendary creator of "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies." He owned Mascot Video, which was just down the road, so it made sense. Wow.

Lots of magazines like CULT MOVIES and SCARLET STREET, and they either carried a full page ad for his stuff or had an interview with him.

Every time I go in, new stuff has trickled out. The shop owner told me Steckler had a lot of footage of police brutality, as he wanted to do a documentary on the local corruption.

My last visit I got this great one sheet from THRILL KILLERS, $5 from his personal collection. BTW, based on gathered evidence... I think Steckler was secretly in love with Liz Renay.

I hate you. I find some cool shit, but never that cool.

Most of my vinyl was found at thrift stores.

My favorite scores have been a vintage leather fringe vest, and a green goblet from the 60's complete with smily faces. (I'm a hippy at heart, what can I say).
Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics

voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly

Oh I can see me spending a lot of time in here. My only problem is tue nearest Goodwill is 19 miles away.

I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is setting a course for intercourse!!!

I bought a full working Nintendo with Super Mario Bros 3, TMNT 2, Metroid, Batman, Ninja Gaiden, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Contra and Gremlins 2.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
I bought a full working Nintendo with Super Mario Bros 3, TMNT 2, Metroid, Batman, Ninja Gaiden, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Contra and Gremlins 2.
Hell fucking yea.

I thrift once a week usually. Basically my entire wardrobe is made up of thrift finds. The pants I have on now are $110 jeans I got for $8. I most recently picked up Pickman 2, Metroid Prime 2, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Mega Collection for $3.50 each. Plenty of movies as well, including a double VHS collectors edition of Dawn of the Dead still in it's shrink wrap.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
trachea
The Living Dead

trachea is making her own "HOMEMADE" hotdogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
O.. M......G!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is going to show that bitch a scary movie... bitches love scary movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenInTheBrain View Post

Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote