The Off-Topic Thread - February 2013 - Page 19 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Whateverland

Whateverland The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #181
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,731
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychicka View Post
I'm switching over to agave. Its a slow process because if I'm switching over then the girls are too (and apparently kids live over processed sugar filled crap).
All that GMO shit is kinda scary too. All it comes down to is taking the time/energy to prepare clean foods.

I should say I'm doing this for my kids, or my own health...but really I'm doing this because my little sister is an 'organic, clean eating, 'i climb rocks' kind of sister' and I have to make sure I live long enough to see her have kids and swoop in a be the aunt that gives them all the things she hates. (if you have siblings you understand, if you don't than I totally sound like a bitch )

You should get a juicer. I buy fruit all the time for different juices. I still have bottled apple juice for when I'm lazy but the fresh stuff tastes so much better and you can put the pulp into your compost for growing vegetables. I don't think I could ever entirely give up sugar bc I have an enormous sweet tooth but I try to balance it out.
__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #182
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse
 
bloodydollface's Avatar
bloodydollface is a shithead
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychicka View Post
I'm switching over to agave. Its a slow process because if I'm switching over then the girls are too (and apparently kids live over processed sugar filled crap).
All that GMO shit is kinda scary too. All it comes down to is taking the time/energy to prepare clean foods.

I should say I'm doing this for my kids, or my own health...but really I'm doing this because my little sister is an 'organic, clean eating, 'i climb rocks' kind of sister' and I have to make sure I live long enough to see her have kids and swoop in a be the aunt that gives them all the things she hates. (if you have siblings you understand, if you don't than I totally sound like a bitch )
Not a bad idea to switch over. I have several family members who are pretty strict on eating and drinking straight organic/non-processed stuff. I tried it for like a month and was totally fine with it. The food was great, started feeling better, had more energy and just had a better mood in general. The only thing I couldn't go without was regular milk. I just couldn't do soy milk, yuck. The only reason I stopped was because organic foods cost an arm and a leg at the store. My monthly food bill was nearly double after I started. If you can make it work, then more power to you.
__________________
bloodydollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #183
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,731
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
Not a bad idea to switch over. I have several family members who are pretty strict on eating and drinking straight organic/non-processed stuff. I tried it for like a month and was totally fine with it. The food was great, started feeling better, had more energy and just had a better mood in general. The only thing I couldn't go without was regular milk. I just couldn't do soy milk, yuck. The only reason I stopped was because organic foods cost an arm and a leg at the store. My monthly food bill was nearly double after I started. If you can make it work, then more power to you.

That's what I hate about organic. They make it impossible for people with lower incomes to get a proper diet. I tried to buy an organic cooking pumpkin from Central Market once and they said it would be over $50! The year before I got my cooking pumpkin at a pumpkin patch and it only cost me $8. Fucking extortion I tell ya. Soy milk is disgusting and it's terrible for children bc it contains the same amount of estrogen as 8 birth control pills.
__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #184
craftychicka
Fresh Kill
 
craftychicka's Avatar
craftychicka is fucking awesome
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 699
Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
That's what I hate about organic. They make it impossible for people with lower incomes to get a proper diet. I tried to buy an organic cooking pumpkin from Central Market once and they said it would be over $50! The year before I got my cooking pumpkin at a pumpkin patch and it only cost me $8. Fucking extortion I tell ya. Soy milk is disgusting and it's terrible for children bc it contains the same amount of estrogen as 8 birth control pills.
$50 for a PUMPKIN? wtf? Was it filled with gold?
We have a local farmers market, but with kids and the amount they eat I'd have to get a 2nd job to afford all organic .

Almond milk is pretty awesome, Hemp milk is amazing (but so expensive).

In a perfect world I'd compost and have an all organic garden, but I know all that responsibility will fall on me and I'm not ready to commit to it. I'm sure I will at a later point in life.
__________________
craftychicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #185
Elvira Mistress of Dark
Fresh Kill
 
Elvira Mistress of Dark's Avatar
Elvira Mistress of Dark has no status.
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
That's what I hate about organic. They make it impossible for people with lower incomes to get a proper diet. I tried to buy an organic cooking pumpkin from Central Market once and they said it would be over $50! The year before I got my cooking pumpkin at a pumpkin patch and it only cost me $8. Fucking extortion I tell ya. Soy milk is disgusting and it's terrible for children bc it contains the same amount of estrogen as 8 birth control pills.
Oh my god, is this a real thing? My husband drinks soy milk on occasion and I don't want him to grow breasts.
Elvira Mistress of Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #186
H.P. Pufncraft
Super Moderator
 
H.P. Pufncraft's Avatar
H.P. Pufncraft is fucking MILFs and Cougars and Porn Stars. Oh my!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In between Kelli Staxxx's Love Jugs(Mammary Intercourse FTW)
Posts: 43,374
Default

Hell yeah. For my thesis I've been looking for books/essays about films inspired/influenced by H.P. Lovecraft's work. I just found this book through a google search:



Apparently there's a whole chapter devoted to Lovecraft themes in Carpenter films including Prince of Darkness, the film I wanted to mainly focus on. I had hoped to get some good quotes from Carpenter himself about his influences in a Lovecraft documentary he was interviewed for. Unfortunately, the only thing he really mentioned was that Lovecraft monsters were slimy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli Staxxx
Are you gonna cum in my pussy?
40 Ladies and Counting....
H.P. Pufncraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #187
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!
 
Iggy's Avatar
Iggy is changing his life, one pound at a time!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami,Florida
Posts: 26,865
Default

For those of you who were alive and well in the 80's, here's a video clip that'll take you back if you had cable in those days....




It's funny how this would usually end up being better than the actual movie.... i mean you'd get this, and then Police Academy 2 would come on.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #188
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse
 
Dr. McStuffin's Avatar
Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the woods behind Taco Bell
Posts: 1,678
Default

A little boy says to his teacher, "I ain't got no crayons."
Teacher says, "I don't have any crayons. We don't have any crayons. They don't have any crayons. Do you see what I'm getting at?"
Boy says, "Not really...Where's all the fucking crayons!?"
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #189
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

So I was kidding around with my wife earlier about my brain thinking my body is starving because of my surgery and I got a pretty basic idea for what could turn out to be a nice story. What if somehow your body and mind seperated to the point where all you could do is think and watch what your body was doing and you couldnt speak or control any movement whatsoever as if your body had a mind of its own, the mind of a killer.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #190
craftychicka
Fresh Kill
 
craftychicka's Avatar
craftychicka is fucking awesome
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 699
Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
So I was kidding around with my wife earlier about my brain thinking my body is starving because of my surgery and I got a pretty basic idea for what could turn out to be a nice story. What if somehow your body and mind seperated to the point where all you could do is think and watch what your body was doing and you couldnt speak or control any movement whatsoever as if your body had a mind of its own, the mind of a killer.
I would totally read that.

My thursday is turning out to be more like a friday! Stoked for some adult interaction.
__________________
craftychicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC