Killers - The Mo Brothers - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Colonel Cinematic
The Living Dead

Colonel Cinematic is the real Slim Shady.

Default Killers - The Mo Brothers

"NEW THRILLER BY THE MO BROTHERS. KILLERS TELLS THE TALE OF TWO MEN; A CALCULATING SERIAL KILLER IN JAPAN AND A FAMILY MAN IN INDONESIA. AS THEY DISCOVER EACH OTHER, THEY START TO FORM A TWISTED RELATIONSHIP, SLOWLY LEADING THEM INTO A SPIRAL OF CHAOS, WHERE VIOLENCE BECOMES AN ADDICTION."

-From official site
Colonel Cinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

a more precise synopsis:

Quote:
A psychopath is terrorizing Tokyo. He goes by the name of Nomura. Rich and handsome, he has no trouble picking up girls and bringing them back home. They all end up in his homemade studio, where he films their brutal deaths by various instruments. Once finished, he erases all trace of their presence and, having finished the dirty work, posts the video on the web and waits for reactions before beginning the hunt once more. Bayu, a washed-up reporter from Jakarta, secretly follows Nomura’s “work”. Following a public altercation with a known businessman who’s as dirty as he is influential, he finds himself in a slum apartment far from his wife and daughter, a situation that doesn’t do much to raise his already-slumping spirits. One night, Bayu is violently attacked by two ruffians, one of which ends up dead at his self-defensive hands. Caught up in the hysteria of the moment, he surprises himself by recording his assailants’ agony and then posting the video on the website where Nomura nests. A morbid relationship then unfolds between the two men through numerous chatting sessions. Bayu’s impulses quickly return, to the delight of his partner, who positions himself as some kind of mentor. If one kills only for pleasure, the other cries vengeance and looks for justice. From this hurricane of murderous madness, blood will rain on Tokyo and Jakarta.
And a Fantasia Film Festival reviewer wrote:

Quote:
Displaying a brutal realism in the multiple scenes where the protagonists indulge their homicidal tendencies using diametrically opposite methods, this horrifying suspense thriller by the Mo Brothers (MACABRE), Timo Tjahjanto and Kimo Stromboel, relies on gripping sound design, imaginative photography and close-to-perfect gore effects to nail us to our seats until its terrifying final act.
I will catch this promising flick in a few weeks time too, will report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Colonel Cinematic
The Living Dead

Colonel Cinematic is the real Slim Shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
I will catch this promising flick in a few weeks time too, will report back.

Heard about the opening scene of the movie and it sounds quite brutal. I didn't care for Macabre, but Safe Haven in V/H/S/2 was great and I think overall with Gareth Evans behind the production side of things, The Mo Brothers can boast a great brutal story with amazing production values from Gareth.
Colonel Cinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is The Bad Guy

This looks awesome. Timo is quickly rising as one of my favorite horror directors. Safe Haven and his Libido segment from The ABC's of Death were both the highlights from their respective films.

Going to be dope!!
Old 08-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Yep, this looks awesome. These dudes make Hollywood look foolish.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
BoOMST1CK
Rotting Corpse

BoOMST1CK is currently going through symptoms of WORLD CUP FEVER !

Has anyone seen this? Got a great copy but the subtitles are messed up, looks great aswell!
BoOMST1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
Has anyone seen this? Got a great copy but the subtitles are messed up, looks great aswell!
I did and I have to admit it wasn't that awesome and far inferior to their hit Macabre. The story is far-fetched and highly artificial and unfortuately, hence the outcome that great either. The plot and the setup with those two is not really convincing, leaving me more than head-shaking and wondering, how they want to get out of this. The kills though were cool up to brutal, but it didn't spark the I Saw The Devil-feeling at all. Plus, it could have been easily trimmed down by 30 minutes, it felt so damn long and asian-overlengthy - again.
Just felt pretty disappointed afterwards, bearing in mind the glowing reviews from various Festivals. I should stop reading them before watching movies like this.

2,5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote