The Last Exorcism Part 2 - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
craftychicka
Fresh Kill

craftychicka is fucking awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka

I didnt realize the first one was so popular. The first just kinda dragged on and on... and then the ending... meh. I dig the posters, but as Santa Sangre said its basically the same idea as the first.

But I'll end up watching this on dvd while I fold laundry or something, lol.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #12
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is mental decay.

I kinda liked the first one, even though the ending was AWFUL.

This just looks mediocre and uninteresting.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
Fanofhorror
Fresh Kill

Fanofhorror has no status.

Already seen this movie, I know out in later in year the UK, I thought it would better then first!

I did not like the first one at all, I thought one of most boring movies I Have seen, Did not once get scared or creeped out at all, I thought it was The Worst Exorcism movie but then we suffered for even worse with Devil Inside 2 years later!

Least this Last Exorcism 1 had some scarce scenes at least and tense moment in (Which Didn't work for me as saw them coming) and there in that movie unlike Devil inside and this sequel to the first movie

Nell is trying to put her life back together and she has blocked out all things that happens to her in the first movie but soon they what her back again.

This was really bland from start to end, there was not one moment that actually felt anything scary was going to happen any where in the movie,

The only good think I can say about this movie is that, last 10 minutes of the movie was so-what watch able and something was finally hap ping in the movie and again it wasn't that scary at all and most of that scene see the trailer .

I didn't mind the movie ended but story didn't really end!

Yet another movie that show 95% of movie in trailer, Just watch the trailer skip this movie

One other good think I can say about this movie is that the acting was really good from the cast but shame about the rest of the bland movie.

3 out of 10
Fanofhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
CountJackula
Not Dead Yet

CountJackula is a Horror Reviewer

Default REVIEW - Last Exorcism 2

This was, without doubt, the worst horror film we've seen so far this year. Uninspired, dull, and worst of all it diminishes the original film.

Watch out video on it, and share it if you enjoyed it.

- Count Jackula
CountJackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #15
Bottleneck
Not Dead Yet

Bottleneck has no status.

Havent seen part 2 yet and don't think Im gonna to, preventing a big disappointment after part 1 which I liked.

I'm still surprised about the reactions of many viewers on the first part, am I the only one thinking it was ambiguous as hell. Was Nell really 'possessed'? (and maybe that's the reason why so many people disliked the movie, they may expect the most freaking devil scenes)

I didnt see any convincing 'evidence' of possession and keep in mind what the Reverend is telling at the begin of the movie: something about people believing in god and the devil and that people growing up in a culture with little medical possibilities and a strong dependancy on religion, who think they're possessed might be helped by an exorcism or ritual whick makes that thought go away.

(Religious) sects have much benefit from making their followers believe in 'something', exactly like the way the Reverend benefits from persuading others, and to go further: like the way director in my opinion is 'persuading' his 'followers' (the viewers) of something which isn't actually shown or real. He's very delicately holding open both options (crazy or the devil within) and yet I think 90% of the viewers assume that she must be possessed despite the words during the intro. Great job, great movie.

just my thoughts cheers
4. Session 9
5. Irréversible
6. Apocalypse Now
7. No Country for Old Men
8. Eyes Wide Shut
9. Boot, Das
10. Pi

>> my youtube channel <<
Bottleneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #16
Agent Panic
Fresh Kill

Agent Panic is not suffering fools lightly.

I seem to be one of the few that actually really enjoyed the first one. Not sure why it's generally hated on.

So, I saw this sequel and some moments were cool.. but the whole movie was kind of pointless. Nowhere near as good as the first and didn't bring anything cool to the table.

Now that I think about it.. there was probably only one scene that I really liked, with the 'metal' street performer.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #17
craftychicka
Fresh Kill

craftychicka is fucking awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to craftychicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountJackula View Post

This was, without doubt, the worst horror film we've seen so far this year. Uninspired, dull, and worst of all it diminishes the original film.

Watch out video on it, and share it if you enjoyed it.

- Count Jackula
That video is much more enjoyable than The Last Exorcism II. I dig all references to anything Hunter S Thomson though.

Was the Last Exorcism II supposed to be scary? Because I feel like they lost the thought of it. I didn't dig the 1st one too much so I wasn't expecting much from this.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #18
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

This sequel was horrible. Thought it was really dull.

I didn't like the first, but was willing to give the series another chance. Damn was I wrong. It's down there with shit like The Devil Inside.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #19
=ID=
Not Dead Yet

=ID= has no status.

I'm a fan of the first. Well acted, some creepy moments. I wish it had been more scary but I suppose the ambiguity of the possession was somewhat fresh.

I've heard terrible things about the sequel, will wait till its on budget dvd I think.
=ID= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
This sequel was horrible. Thought it was really dull.

I didn't like the first, but was willing to give the series another chance. Damn was I wrong. It's down there with shit like The Devil Inside.
That first word definitely describes this movie to a tee.

It's too early to be deconstructing your own movie, to make a sequel (The Thing 2011 gets a pass) The first was ff, had a few moments of visceral brutality, and had nell contorting her body in all kinds of crazy positions that defy reality. This sequel goes for more traditonal style, goes for a more creepy vibe, and Nell's contortions are very subtle, and lack the effectiveness of the original

The one good thing about this movie was Nell's story, getting used to her new life, and growing as a person, and Ashley Bells acting, in general

"In a world... where demons are capable of love... lives Nell" movie guy voice.

About TDI, at first I was gonna say something similar, but TDI is one of the worst theatrical horror movies I've ever seen, period.