The Last Exorcism Part 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 AM   #1
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Default The Last Exorcism Part 2

Heading into theaters in March...

Trailer doesn't look that bad, though it seems it's that kind of horror movie you see once and never again. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

I thought the first one was on everyone's worst horror movie of the year list. I guess I'm surprised they'd take a second stab at this. Must've made a bunch of money from the Paranormal Activity crowd.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
I thought the first one was on everyone's worst horror movie of the year list. I guess I'm surprised they'd take a second stab at this. Must've made a bunch of money from the Paranormal Activity crowd.
I thought the best thing in the first part was the gruelling poster artwork, which even hangs in my office. They have the audacity to use it again in Part II, this time more contorted. Ho dumb is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

How many last exorcisms can there be?

I actually thought the first one was pretty good. People hated the ending because it did something edgy and different (and it was badass). I'm sure these will decline in quality, but I'll check it out anyways.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

The only draw that the first one had was that it was found footage style, which was/is trendy, and it was complete garbage. Zero interest in this.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

I didn't mind the first although it had its problems. Surprised to see it has spawned a sequel and even if it starts directly from the previous events I can't say there's much there that interests me.

Be interested to see its box office if the hardcore horror fans aren't going.

Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 01-15-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
Midnight-Kroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Agent Panic
Fresh Kill

Agent Panic is not suffering fools lightly.

I liked the first one.. but I don't see the effectiveness of a sequel. It wasn't a story that needed a continuation.

The ending was kinda cool in the first one, though.

I'll watch this on TV or Netflix.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"The Last Exorcism Part 2"....Part II is weak!. I absolutely loved the first film but Part II is like the Blair Witch Project 2. Its unnecessary, it doesn't accomplish anything, and it doesn't push the story forward. All this film was made for was to show you how "Nell" tries to recover after the events of the first film.The scares are few and far between, and the story is just downright dumb from the beginning. You also never really feel for any of the characters from the get go. Besides a daring opening sequence and a few moments of suspense here and there, this film still manages to bore you most of the time. The attempt to exercise the demon(who we dont even see possess Nell) towards the end is a big letdown too. There just wasn't a sense of true horror and dread like many other exorcism movies. Unnecessary sequel, pitiful writing, and poor execution!!

3/10
Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"The Last Exorcism Part 2"....Part II is weak!. I absolutely loved the first film but Part II is like the Blair Witch Project 2. Its unnecessary, it doesn't accomplish anything, and it doesn't push the story forward. All this film was made for was to show you how "Nell" tries to recover after the events of the first film.The scares are few and far between, and the story is just downright dumb from the beginning. You also never really feel for any of the characters from the get go. Besides a daring opening sequence and a few moments of suspense here and there, this film still manages to bore you most of the time. The attempt to exercise the demon(who we dont even see possess Nell) towards the end is a big letdown too. There just wasn't a sense of true horror and dread like many other exorcism movies. Unnecessary sequel, pitiful writing, and poor execution!!

3/10
I disliked the first so maybe.. just maybe I'll like this entry since it appears to be very different. Going in with an open mind when it leaks.
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

No interest in this at all.

Haven't even seen the first one.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote