Shootings......WTF? - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Whateverland

Whateverland The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

I find it funny how when he was more popular the media blamed Marilyn Manson for all the school shootings because of their song Get Your Gunn which isnt even about a GUN but about a doctor. The media is what will be the world's downfall.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
Daenerys
Your Highness
 
Daenerys's Avatar
Daenerys is taking what's hers with fire and blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Across the Narrow Sea
Posts: 7,721
Default

What I dont get about this shooting is how is it different then any other school massacre? Yes they were all small children but you may have not heard of the Bathe School Massacre in Bathe Michigan, maybe you have Im not sure.

But my point is there were plenty of school shootings in the 1920's and the 1970's and now people are up in arms about guns. Really? I mean come on talk about what the schools can do to prevent this. And since schools do not have much money then it should be the utmost priority of each state to give schools more funding to cover these costs.
__________________
"I will do what Queens do. I will rule."
Daenerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!
 
travisbickle's Avatar
travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Palm Valley,FL
Posts: 7,337
Default

And now Obama is saying he's going to do everything in his power to help the situation...

In other words....Here come the fucking liberals and their gun control bullshit.
__________________


My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
And now Obama is saying he's going to do everything in his power to help the situation...

In other words....Here come the fucking liberals and their gun control bullshit.
You know it! With the trayvon murder down in Flordia i'm suprised your state hasn't changed policy outright already!!!

Will guns be banned absolutely not but will they be harder to obtain probably especially semi-automatics now. I'm locked and loaded and stocked up.

I suggest anyone who feels the need to be protected to arm themselves now as I have and I even have my ccw.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
Daenerys
Your Highness
 
Daenerys's Avatar
Daenerys is taking what's hers with fire and blood
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Across the Narrow Sea
Posts: 7,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
And now Obama is saying he's going to do everything in his power to help the situation...

In other words....Here come the fucking liberals and their gun control bullshit.
Im very liberal but I dont think gun control is the issue here.
__________________
"I will do what Queens do. I will rule."
Daenerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #16
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
Im very liberal but I dont think gun control is the issue here.
With liberals it's always the issue! They come off as people who aren't racist with the aclu and people who push for equal rights but in fact they stir the pot of racism and most liberal pundits almost gleam at the fact a shooting happens so they can push their agenda to change any law.

You may very well be liberal and I respect your view and outlook but I think 99% would agree that Liberals oppress by trying to make Government the solution when it in fact is the problem.

Obama is the messiah to most liberals and he has been the most biased president in the history of this country and as facts go he does what his pundits want him to do and has NEVER been bipartisan.
__________________

Last edited by Freddy_Lives; 12-17-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #17
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!
 
travisbickle's Avatar
travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Palm Valley,FL
Posts: 7,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
Im very liberal but I dont think gun control is the issue here.
The Dems always bring up gun control after shootings. This time will be no different. And now with Obama not having to worry about being re-elected....Who knows how far he'll push it.
__________________


My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #18
Jack the Pin
Send... More... Paramedics
 
Jack the Pin's Avatar
Jack the Pin is trying to tie a bell around the tail of his Cartesian demon
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pouring treacle in the mad king's ear
Posts: 8,459
Default

I can't believe how callus and self-serving some of you people are. Twenty children get massacred because some lunatic arms himself to the teeth commando style and shots up a school; how can gun control not become an issue in the wake of such a senseless event? The real mindblower for me is that it's used as a platform to drag out the old bi-partisan rivalries of liberal vs conservative politics. This entire mess has nothing to do with politics, but it has alot to do with finding a solution to a problem that is getting more out of hand not by the decade, or even the year, but by the month. You say you need guns to protect yourself? I'm not buying that. You imply, perhaps, that strict gun laws impinge on your civil liberties. I'm not buying that one, either. The second amendment was designed to arm a militia at a time when invasion, insurrection, and general hostility were a threat to our nation's beginnings. In this respect, it's logic and its rhetoric are hopelessly inapplicable to our current society. If you feel the need for personal protection, there are plenty of ways to accomplish that without resorting to guns. The mere fact that people feel the necessity of owning/carrying guns for protection is absurd; but then again, so is the notion of "sport" as it pertains to gun ownership. You wanna hunt deer, buy a crossbow and make the sport more of a sport. The fact that twnety children who never did any harm to anyone are dead because someone shot them with a gun should give anyone pause. I don't feel that my civil liberties are being threatened because I choose not to own guns, so why should anyone feel that their civil liberties are being affected under the spector of stricter laws, or even seizure and forfeiture. Sometimes you just have to suck it up for the common good, and if collecting all the guns in the US and melting them to slag to the purpose of preventing one more school shooting were a guaranteed solution to the problem, then sense dictates that you would not only surrender your guns, but do so with a glad heart.

Last edited by Jack the Pin; 12-17-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Jack the Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #19
Willowfang
has gone to plaid
 
Willowfang's Avatar
Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 54,092
Default

Gun control won't stop violence, just the method of violence.

And not they bring up assault weapons, but no assault weapons were used this time.

It would be easy to put forth an argument that non gun violence COULD be worse, since a man with a hand weapon could approach people unaware having not alerted anyone with the sound of a gun shot and could more easily escape the scene.

While the above would be true for some attackers, it's obviously not a good argument in defense of guns.

Neither is tinfoil hats the answer, it's not as if we can block out the evil mind control rays that guns use to make perfectly sane and normal people go on shooting sprees.

You're not gonna solve this by restricting the tools because the real problem is the person, not the gun.

We could say stuff about taking God out of school, but putting him back in also forcing a belief on kids where they should be able to search out their own beliefs. And then there's the fact that as a society, we have so many different beliefs that have incompatible values.

I could just say we need idiot control, not gun control, but even idiot control is too late in the game.

From 1st grade on really we ought to start a type of civilities class, that teaches about accepting differences of opinion, basics of religion and world views, not any specific religion itself, but that there are views of "a bigger picture and how to fit in and take part in that bigger picture"

Teach Morality and Ethics, how to prosper without working against the prosperity of others.

As is, we give everyone 13-19 years of school, sometimes more and they they go on a shooting spree and you want to limit the tools when you could have spent those years talking about respect for one another, respect for different value systems, and that everyone's life is pretty much just as hard as your own.
__________________
2014 Song Draft
*** "Weird Al" Yankovic ***
I Lost On Jeopardy
Yoda
Beverly Hillbillies
She Drives Like Crazy
Gump
The Saga Begins
It's All About the Pentiums
Grapefruit Diet
White & Nerdy
Canadian Idiot
Smells Like Nirvana
Inactive
Eat It
Foil
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #20
Jack the Pin
Send... More... Paramedics
 
Jack the Pin's Avatar
Jack the Pin is trying to tie a bell around the tail of his Cartesian demon
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pouring treacle in the mad king's ear
Posts: 8,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
Gun control won't stop violence, just the method of violence.

And not they bring up assault weapons, but no assault weapons were used this time.

It would be easy to put forth an argument that non gun violence COULD be worse, since a man with a hand weapon could approach people unaware having not alerted anyone with the sound of a gun shot and could more easily escape the scene.

While the above would be true for some attackers, it's obviously not a good argument in defense of guns.

Neither is tinfoil hats the answer, it's not as if we can block out the evil mind control rays that guns use to make perfectly sane and normal people go on shooting sprees.

You're not gonna solve this by restricting the tools because the real problem is the person, not the gun.

We could say stuff about taking God out of school, but putting him back in also forcing a belief on kids where they should be able to search out their own beliefs. And then there's the fact that as a society, we have so many different beliefs that have incompatible values.

I could just say we need idiot control, not gun control, but even idiot control is too late in the game.

From 1st grade on really we ought to start a type of civilities class, that teaches about accepting differences of opinion, basics of religion and world views, not any specific religion itself, but that there are views of "a bigger picture and how to fit in and take part in that bigger picture"

Teach Morality and Ethics, how to prosper without working against the prosperity of others.

As is, we give everyone 13-19 years of school, sometimes more and they they go on a shooting spree and you want to limit the tools when you could have spent those years talking about respect for one another, respect for different value systems, and that everyone's life is pretty much just as hard as your own.
Willow, a gun is not a tool. You can't build a house with it or plow a field with it. Maybe it's a tool against oppression or even a tool for justice and keeping the peace (although I'm dubious of that sort of rhetoric). The inception, design, manufacture and use of guns has only one object: to transform living animate creatures into inanimate dead ones. That is a gun's sole function and sole purpose--period.

To employ the old rhetorical chestnut about guns not killing people....etc is to ignore the problem of a steady escalation of mass killings in this country that are directly attributable to guns. The perpetrators of these killings used guns. There is not one single exception to this equation. Rather than upholding the sanctity of the gun --which is a myth--and concentrating on the oblique casues of mass killings such as mental illness, social maladjustment, violent entertainment and media, or lack of faith, morals and ethics etc, why not just admit that the problem stems from a needless proliferation of guns in our society and easy access to them. i'm not saying guns should be abolished (although much like the gallows and the Auto de Fey it's becoming harder and to justify their existence in civil society), what I'm suggesting is that the right to bear arms should become a privilege to bear arms--that a person who wants to own guns should have to prove his mettle in terms of his fitness for ownership, and that this privilege be HIGHLY restricted and enforced to the letter.

You can't instill moral and ethical principles on sociopaths. You'd have more success trying to teach blind people about the virtues of Expressionist art.
Jack the Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC