Shootings......WTF? - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Whateverland

Whateverland The title says it all.... whatever. If it doesn't fit anywhere else post it here.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Default Shootings......WTF?

I'm guessing everyone has already been informed of the recent Elementary School shooting in the US today. Sad day, and I wish all the best(whatever that may be), to each family involved.

This thread is just here, to try and understand what the fuck is going on. Is this a Western society thing, or what? What brings people to the edge like this? Is it boredom? Bad parenting? The Press? I just don't get it. What makes a thrill killing madman?

With guys like Dahmer, and Bundy, I kind of understand their crazy, psycho-sexual drive, that made them who they are(or were), but these guys who just snap, I really don't understand. Like, what's the goal, or drive to do such a thing? We aren't living in a third world society, or anything, where you might have to do some dasterdly shit to get by, so what's the deal?

Post whatever you want on the topic. I'm just curious what other think of this kind of shit.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

This also happened today:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...ck-school.html
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
Do I ever know about it. My cousin was over here for a Christmas visit, and I couldn't believe the shit that was coming out of his mouth. He was all heart-broken over the US shooting, but when I mentioned the China incident, he was all like "well, it's China. What do you expect?"

Needless to say, I'm ashamed he's a part of my family. The vast amount of ignorance required to make such a statement, just blows my mind.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

I think the Media is partly to blame.

I know they have to cover a story like this, but there's also such a thing as overkill. The more the Media analyzes and talks endlessly about it, the more likely you're going to have copycats who want their 15 minutes of fame.

2014 AGD Picks
1.The King Of Comedy
2.Sid & Nancy
3.At Close Range
4.The Believer
5.Pusher
6.Martha Marcy May Marlene
7.Excision
8.The Good, The Bad, The Weird
9.Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
To Live And Die In L.A.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
I think the Media is partly to blame.

I know they have to cover a story like this, but there's also such a thing as overkill. The more the Media analyzes and talks endlessly about it, the more likely you're going to have copycats who want their 15 minutes of fame.
Yeah, I've been leaning that way as of late as well. I understand the curiosity of it all, but what more can be said, other than the facts? The coverage this stuff gets, is insane. 24/7 for three days, to tell us the exact same story over and over.

However, I am just as guilty in being interested in the macabre, so who is really to blame? What came first? Our curiosity in such events, or the exploitation of them?

Last edited by Heretic; 12-14-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
What came first? Our curiosity in such events, or the exploitation of them?
the chicken.

Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
Jack the Pin
Send... More... Paramedics

Jack the Pin is trying to tie a bell around the tail of his Cartesian demon

The media does seem to almost set the bar in terms of presenting this atrocity as the next and biggest thing in terms of school killings. This one is BIGGER than Columbine MORE GHASTLY than Virginia Tech BLOODIER and MORE SENSELESS than the Aurora Movie Plex Massacre. SEE the grieving parents THRILL to the heroic efforts of first responders WEEP with our nation's leaders as they try to make sense of this most senseless tragedy. Coming to an elementary school near you--this Winter! It's all very sick and all very sad, which leads me to conclude that we are all very sick and all very sad.
Jack the Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is The Velour Fog

The media is definitely partly to blame when they are interviewing the damn 5 year olds and asking specifically what happend

But until we know what drove the man to kill his own family and many innocent children it will be just speculation of course.

My gumption is he had the problems outlined and abundant for the world to see and family to see and they looked past it so he went off the deep end.

People these days are completely and utterly shelfish if the beacon is not on them so they lose it.

1. Drive
2. The Terminator
3. Robocop
4. Gladiator
5. X-Men: First Class
6. Her
7. Toy Story 3
8. Batman
9. Superman
10. The Running Man
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

In a world of 7 billion people, every once in a while, people are gonna do stuff like this and it will continue ad infinitum. As the population continues to grow, so will the likelihood of horrific aberrant acts caused by disturbed individuals. The phenomenon of mass shootings has become a sort of fad among the disturbed. These people are hateful and they have an interest in inflicting the most damage possible, while creating the most media coverage. This is a contest among the truly evil that will never stop, unless Christ or something puts their money where there mouth is and intervenes to stop this shit. Horrible shit happens daily world wide though. The four Nigerians burned alive and filmed a little while ago, etc. and etc. There is nothing we can do but individually reject those dark thoughts that enter our own minds every once and while and stay on the side of light. Be good.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

The school shooting yesterday is (in my opinion) worse than the rest simply because it was at an elementary school. That kind of news is a lot easier to swallow when adults die, but little kids? I almost wept like a child.

I went to Yahoo to check out the story. Upon clicking the video, I had to sit through a 15 second commercial featuring Larry the Cable Guy pitching Prilosec before the video began. The fact that advertisers would use an opportunity like this to push their products is absolutely disgusting.

For the longest time, I've wanted something to prove me wrong, to show me that humans aren't terrible creatures. The whole dilemma only reaffirms my belief.