Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) - Page 4 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #31
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
It's as dark as a Star Trek film can get.
Awesome. I'm putting myself in cryo-sleep until then...
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #32
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Pretty pumped. I'm a big Star Trek fan, and while many hardcore fans have issues with the new film, I totally loved it. Just have to think of it as two different versions.

I'm also thoroughly convinced that Cumberbatch is Khan. Just think if it was any other villain, it would have been revealed by now.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #33
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
Pretty pumped. I'm a big Star Trek fan, and while many hardcore fans have issues with the new film, I totally loved it. Just have to think of it as two different versions.

I'm also thoroughly convinced that Cumberbatch is Khan. Just think if it was any other villain, it would have been revealed by now.

For a while l thought Cumberbatch was Gary Mitchell from "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Now...l don't know...

l don't think hes Khan, but maybe a similar eugenics experiment, all pissed off and full of vinegar...

Either way, Abrams sure as hell knows how to remain secretive. l'm so happy that theres a movie on the horizon with plenty of surprises in store, that hasn't been ruined by numerous spoiler-ish trailers.
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #34
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
For a while l thought Cumberbatch was Gary Mitchell from "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Now...l don't know...

l don't think hes Khan, but maybe a similar eugenics experiment, all pissed off and full of vinegar...

Either way, Abrams sure as hell knows how to remain secretive. l'm so happy that theres a movie on the horizon with plenty of surprises in store, that hasn't been ruined by numerous spoiler-ish trailers.
I agree. So many movies have the plot spelled out and spoiled in trailers. It is nice going into this one fresh and spoiler-free.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #35
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

This film really hit the spot for me.

My only complaint is that it's not long enough. Even though it runs just over two hours it's so fast paced and thrilling, you don't want it to end.

I'm surprised that JJ has managed to keep the twists a secret. Just don't read any of the reviews over at AIC as they spoil everything.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #36
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
This film really hit the spot for me.

My only complaint is that it's not long enough. Even though it runs just over two hours it's so fast paced and thrilling, you don't want it to end.

I'm surprised that JJ has managed to keep the twists a secret. Just don't read any of the reviews over at AIC as they spoil everything.
One major twist has been spoiled for me because of those guys

I was going to see this at midnight Thursday but the release date has been moved up to Thursday so midnight showings are Wednesday night instead. Wednesday night is no good for me so after work Thursday I'll be checking this out!!! So pumped
Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
One major twist has been spoiled for me because of those guys

I was going to see this at midnight Thursday but the release date has been moved up to Thursday so midnight showings are Wednesday night instead. Wednesday night is no good for me so after work Thursday I'll be checking this out!!! So pumped
Sucks that you read a spoiler but don't let it ruin the film for you.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is fucked up on Quaaludes

Saw this tonight and was blown away. Say what you will about Abrams' previous work, but his reinvention of this franchise is really spectacular and now I can't imagine anyone else who would have pulled it off with so much gusto. We're thrown straight into the action and it doesn't let up; seriously, the movie fucking flew by.

All of the cast were stellar, but Cumberbatch excels and as previously mentioned, is the star of the show. I honestly can't praise this enough. It's as tight as any blockbuster I've seen in a long time - action set-piece after the next, whilst juggling intensely complex characters (notably Cumberbatch's John Harrison), a balance of darker themes and enough emotional relief in many light-hearted moments - this just has it all.

There will be repeated viewings of this, for sure. I saw it in 2D, so I'm not sure whether or not to see it in 3D if I go again? Would like more opinions on the 3D, as this is always a concern for me.

10/10
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #39
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Got my ticket for next Tuesday, unfortunately not in IMAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #40
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
Saw this tonight and was blown away. Say what you will about Abrams' previous work, but his reinvention of this franchise is really spectacular and now I can't imagine anyone else who would have pulled it off with so much gusto. We're thrown straight into the action and it doesn't let up; seriously, the movie fucking flew by.

All of the cast were stellar, but Cumberbatch excels and as previously mentioned, is the star of the show. I honestly can't praise this enough. It's as tight as any blockbuster I've seen in a long time - action set-piece after the next, whilst juggling intensely complex characters (notably Cumberbatch's John Harrison), a balance of darker themes and enough emotional relief in many light-hearted moments - this just has it all.

There will be repeated viewings of this, for sure. I saw it in 2D, so I'm not sure whether or not to see it in 3D if I go again? Would like more opinions on the 3D, as this is always a concern for me.

10/10

Glad you enjoyed it.

This is exactly how I feel about it. It's fast paced, action packed and Abrams juggles all of the elements perfectly. Next time you see it go to a 3D session. The 3D actually serves its purposes with this film.

I can't wait to see it again.