My Amityville Horror (2012) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Default My Amityville Horror (2012)

Quote:
For the first time in 35 years, Daniel Lutz recounts his version of the infamous Amityville haunting that terrified his family in 1975. George and Kathleen Lutz's story went on to inspire a best-selling novel and the subsequent films have continued to fascinate audiences today. This documentary reveals the horror behind growing up as part of a world famous haunting and while Daniel's facts may be other's fiction, the psychological scars he carries are indisputable. Documentary filmmaker, Eric Walter, has combined years of independent research into the Amityville case along with the perspectives of past investigative reporters and eyewitnesses, giving way to the most personal testimony of the subject to date. from IMDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
Santa
The Necromancer

Anybody heard of this? I watched it a few days ago and was sometimes very chilled by the content. Even Lorraine Warren appears in it and revises the events, which occured in her presence. Though the entire doc doesn't seem unbiased on Daniel's behalf
Spoiler Below
- for instance he is blaming his stepfather's love for the occult for what happened, verbally attacking the director for his agnostic views on camera, refusing to take a lie detector test -
it gives you nonetheless a good and eerie insight on the fragile psychology of the human mind and their perception. Daniel Lutz isn't the most sympathetic interview partner and not only because he shows tremendous psychological wounds of the pivotal events, but as a person itself. Nevertheless, he gives you substantial insight on his experiences of the 28 days he and his family were in the house on 112 Ocean Avenue and those were giving me sometimes the fucking creeps, no shit. Though, many questions arent' answered, but instead more raised.
I can recommend this for those, who are interested in that subject or in the haunted house theme in general.

4/5

Quote:
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Awesome, this is a must watch for me. I hope the filmmaker tries an impartial approach with as many perspectives/accounts as possible, too much focus on Lutz will discredit it.

The photograph at 1:47 is fuckin' creepy.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize it was out already. Gonna try and watch it tonight.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Awesome, this is a must watch for me. I hope the filmmaker tries an impartial approach with as many perspectives/accounts as possible, too much focus on Lutz will discredit it.

The focus is on him and on his insight only, aside from the journalist who supported the family back in the days and Lorraine Warren.
But I found an interesting interview on George Lutz' views, beginning from the day they discovered the house.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

I thought the orig story was a hoax ?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
I thought the orig story was a hoax ?
Many people do, but I for myself don't. It seems too convincing and this documentary shows, that something must have happened back there.
It still gives me the fucking creeps.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #7
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Many people do, but I for myself don't. It seems too convincing and this documentary shows, that something must have happened back there.
I watched this last night and it did make me question myself. I don't really believe in the supernatural and a lot of the stuff does scream "bullshit" but something was going on with that family, the stepfather seemed suspicious. I feel sorry for Daniel because it's clearly screwed him up although it appears he was on that path prior to Amityville.

I'd be interested to learn more about the original murders because the truth has never been established. 6 family members killed by shotgun in their sleep doesn't seem right, how did it go unheard in the household and by neighbors?

Oh and Lorrain Warren
Spoiler Below
has some of the wood from the actual crucifix???
Old 09-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #8
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
I watched this last night and it did make me question myself. I don't really believe in the supernatural and a lot of the stuff does scream "bullshit" but something was going on with that family, the stepfather seemed suspicious. I feel sorry for Daniel because it's clearly screwed him up although it appears he was on that path prior to Amityville.
The definitely lived through a hard time in the house and I don't think, that everything there within the 28 days can be called a hoax, since so many people, witnesses and friends were involved in that case and almost all reported strange occurrences. You can't setup that many people to one theme.

Quote:
I'd be interested to learn more about the original murders because the truth has never been established. 6 family members killed by shotgun in their sleep doesn't seem right, how did it go unheard in the household and by neighbors?
There are tons of books out there, which deal with the Amityville subject, but I guess not so much with that which triggered it. Would be cool to know, which families lived before the murders took place and what they experienced in the house. Talking about getting to the bottom of the problem.

Quote:
Oh and Lorrain Warren
Spoiler Below
has some of the wood from the actual crucifix???
Indeed she has.

Demonologists, c'mon, gimme an Amityville break.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #9
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
The definitely lived through a hard time in the house and I don't think, that everything there within the 28 days can be called a hoax, since so many people, witnesses and friends were involved in that case and almost all reported strange occurrences. You can't setup that many people to one theme.
If you were to believe in the supernatural then that family and house was the perfect storm which is what makes it an interesting story. Personally I think the power of suggestion is responsible for a lot, if you're a vulnerable child as Daniel was and you have parents believing or hoaxing about poltergeists and your bedroom was previously a brutal crime scene it's going to fuck with your psyche. The telekinesis story about his father says a lot about his so called memories.

Quote:
There are tons of books out there, which deal with the Amityville subject, but I guess not so much with that which triggered it. Would be cool to know, which families lived before the murders took place and what they experienced in the house. Talking about getting to the bottom of the problem.
Ronald Defeo (the killer) is still alive in prison. He keeps changing his story and says that his sister was involved etc. Doesn't fit with forensics though as all family members weren't moved or drugged they were simply all found face down and dead in their beds including the sister. No doubt he killed but it's all very strange. Don't think he's ever mentioned anything paranormal though. Oh and why the hell was there a secret room? I'd love to know more about the origins of the house.

The Enfield poltergeist is the most notorious ghost story in the U.K and there's a good documentary about it. Again much is exaggeration/hoax but there is interesting and creepy evidence. 2 police officers got called in and saw objects, including a chair, levitate. It's rare to have reliable witnesses. They also had a demonologist that was a foolish crackpot move in with them .

Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

The amityville horror was a hoax. There has never and will never be any evidence of ghosts or hauntings because it just isn't real. Sure it's fun to talk about and wonder about, but it's all made up.
This documentary was rather interesting in that it really made you wonder what happened to these kids to make them believe such nonsense. What did George really do to these kids to make them think that their house was being haunted? We'll probably never know what really happened in that house, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that is wasn't ghosts.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote