zombaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
We should start a BD clan. I'm in no way a very good player...I'd say above average. But, it'd be fun to have a few matches with you peeps every now and again.
what game modes do you guys play? I usually play headquarters or domination

i like search but you don't get that much points in this one like previous games
Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
zombaddict
BANNED

zombaddict is Douglas the Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post

i like search but you don't get that much points in this one like previous games
I'm generally just a TDM player, but I do like to explore all the other game modes on occasion. Had some epic zombie matches last night. Loving the bus depot level. Tranzit or whatever it's called.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
SplitBreast
It... Won't... Die...

SplitBreast has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
I read somewhere they got rid of killstreak rewards, is this true?
You do but they aren't just from kills. It's on points. Everything you do adds towards it. Kills, calling in a streak, assists, when you have a UAV up every kill someone gets during that time gives you 10 points. Its great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
No more Killstreaks......it's now pointstreaks! Which is simply amazing.

You no longer get full points for kills made with pointstreak items either. There are a lot of positive and fair changes made to the multiplayer which I think makes the game more fair in the long run.

And the custom classes are insanely customizable!! it's great.
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the class creating but it's awesome. Such a huge improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
I'm a strictly multiplayer kinda guy when it comes to COD. MW3 bothered the hell out of me with the terrible spawns, death streaks and constant lagging. Haven't played it in a long time though so I don't know if they fixed any of that.

Looking forward to this weekend now. I'll be at it for hours, I get way too sucked into multi.
Hugely improved. There seems to be an issue with rooms taking to long to start but I'm sure something that minor will be fixed shortly. I think pretty much everything is improved.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
zombaddict
BANNED

zombaddict is Douglas the Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitBreast View Post
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the class creating but it's awesome. Such a huge improvement.
My indecisive nature has a hard time finding my ultimate setup at this point......so hard to choose between perks , gun mods, and tactical equipment.

Just unlocked the crossbow, and I fucking love it! I never used the one in black ops too often, so not sure if there is a great improvement on this one, but it feels like there is.

What sorts of classes are you using now?

My main one at the moment is

MTAR with quickdraw handle and Fast mag
Crossbow with red dot
Perk 1: Hardline and blindeye
perk 2 : empty
perk 3: Extreme conditioning

Lethal: Combat axe
Tactical: empty
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
Visitor Q
The Living Dead

Visitor Q has no status.

I'm digging it so far. In the overall big picture, I'm still a bit new to COD multiplayer. I played the campaigns for all the games, but didn't jump into multiplayer until last year with MW3. I ended up putting over 621hrs into it and have since become a bit of a COD nerd. In the first few months I was terrible. By the third month I was negative 6000 kills and had a 4.9 K/D. But, I came back and while my K/D wasn't great I ended playing MW3 with a positive K/D and was 17th prestige.

My start with BO2 is better to say the least, my K/D is positive and my W/L isn't bad, not great, but not that bad. Considering I play Lone Wolf I'm off to decent start.

Now, I can't speak on every aspect of the game. I do feel comfortable giving my 2 cents on a few aspects of the game. First the maps, which are pretty cool, atleast at the moment. There are no maps I dread playing, atleast not yet. Second, the weapons. I can only speak on the SMG's, because they are all I use and so far they all seem pretty good. In MW3 there were a few that were just useless, here all of them seem usable, but time will tell.

For the new additions to BO2. I love the Pick 10 system. I've only had the game two days now and haven't unlocked everything yet (I'm level 42). So I'm still toying with it. Right now I'm running MSMC with 3 attachments (surpressor, Lazer Sight and Adjustable Stock). Perks are Light Weight, Hardline, Toughness and Dexterity. No secondary, Tactical or lethal nades. The Kill/Score streaks seems balanced and nowhere near as annoying as MW3.

A few complaints though. Lag Compensation is still a bit wonky. Even setting search preferences to Best doesn't guarantee a lag free game. But, it is still better then MW3 and I'm sure it will be worked on and patched in the next few weeks.

The other problem I have is the scoring system in Kill Confirmed. KC is all I play. The main reason I bought BO2 is because they were bringing this game back. I had put 545hrs into this game type, was in the 1% in the world and at one time ranked in the top 1400 players when I was playing alot. This is my game mode to say the least. My problem is when you pick up your tags (or others tags) you get 100 points, but when someone else picks up your tags you only get 25(or is it 50?) what this does is create tension amongest teammates as to who gets the tags and people just running around not getting kills and just stealing tags. In MW3 who ever picked up the tags got the same points as the person who got the kill. I understand with the points being so high to give equal points would be a bit unbalanced, but it is a minor complaint and something I'll have to get used to.

Overall I'm enjoying the game. It is fast paced like MW3, but feels more polished. The graphics are pretty (for an old graphics engine atleast) and not ugly and drab like BO1. We will see how I feel about the game in the next few months when the Honeymoon period is over. But for now I'm looking to get my stats up and get back on the leaderboard for KC.

Last edited by Visitor Q; 11-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
I'm digging it so far. In the overall big picture, I'm still a bit new to COD multiplayer. I played the campaigns for all the games, but didn't jump into multiplayer until last year with MW3. I ended up putting over 621hrs into it and have since become a bit of a COD nerd. In the first few months I was terrible. By the third month I was negative 6000 kills and had a 4.9 K/D. But, I came back and while my K/D wasn't great I ended playing MW3 with a positive K/D and was 17th prestige.

My start with BO2 is better to say the least, my K/D is positive and my W/L isn't bad, not great, but not that bad. Considering I play Lone Wolf I'm off to decent start.

Now, I can't speak on every aspect of the game. I do feel comfortable giving my 2 cents on a few aspects of the game. First the maps, which are pretty cool, atleast at the moment. There are no maps I dread playing, atleast not yet. Second, the weapons. I can only speak on the SMG's, because they are all I use and so far they all seem pretty good. In MW3 there were a few that were just useless, here all of them seem usable, but time will tell.

For the new additions to BO2. I love the Pick 10 system. I've only had the game two days now and haven't unlocked everything yet (I'm level 42). So I'm still toying with it. Right now I'm running MSMC with 3 attachments (surpressor, Lazer Sight and Adjustable Stock). Perks are Light Weight, Hardline, Toughness and Dexterity. No secondary, Tactical or lethal nades. The Kill/Score streaks seems balanced and nowhere near as annoying as MW3.

A few complaints though. Lag Compensation is still a bit wonky. Even setting search preferences to Best doesn't guarantee a lag free game. But, it is still better then MW3 and I'm sure it will be worked on and patched in the next few weeks.

The other problem I have is the scoring system in Kill Confirmed. KC is all I play. The main reason I bought BO2 is because they were bringing this game back. I had put 545hrs into this game type, was in the 1% in the world and at one time ranked in the top 1400 players when I was playing alot. This is my game mode to say the least. My poblem is when you pick up your tags (or others tags) you get 100 points, but when someone else picks up your tags you only get 25(or is it 50?) what this does is create tension amongest teammates as to who gets the tags and people just running around not getting kills and just stealing tags. In MW3 who ever picked up the tags got the same points as the person who got the kill. I understand with the points being so high to give equal points would be a bit unbalanced, but it is a minor complaint and something I'll have to get used to.

Overall I'm enjoying the game. It is fast paced like MW3, but feels more polished. The graphics are pretty (for an old graphics engine atleast) and not ugly and drab like BO1. We will see how I feel about the game in the next few months when the Honeymoon period is over. But for now I'm looking to get my stats up and get back on the leaderboard for KC.
I wish they'd get rid of the whole K/D ratio. I think it really takes away from the game. Most of the matches I join in any of the COD games has most of the people not even playing the objective because they don't want to ruin their precious K/D ratio.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Visitor Q
The Living Dead

Visitor Q has no status.

Quote:
I wish they'd get rid of the whole K/D ratio. I think it really takes away from the game. Most of the matches I join in any of the COD games has most of the people not even playing the objective because they don't want to ruin their precious K/D ratio.
I agree to a certain extent. Alot of the time it isn't a true reflection of a player. Between, guys who only run around in clans, campers, rage quitters ect. it really doesn't mean much. On the other hand I'm sort of proud of mine. I play lone wolf, don't camp and rush like a mad man. I run around like a chicken with its head cut off. My son (who is pretty good in his own right) would tell me to slow down when I first started, but slowly I developed my style of play into a positive thing. I never rage quit and my stats are a true representation of my skill level. Right now I'm at a 1.167 (almost a 1.2), not great, but I'm still new to the game and hopefully they will go up. I don't have set routes I run yet and I'm not to familiar with the maps. I've had some really great games so far, but I've also had some really bad games going negative. But, I just take my lumps and try to do better the next round.

BTW, I'm waiting for Dec. 26 when all the Christmas noobs jump on. My stats will hopefully climb a bit.
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #19
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Humiliation!

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #20
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
I'm a strictly multiplayer kinda guy when it comes to COD. MW3 bothered the hell out of me with the terrible spawns, death streaks and constant lagging. Haven't played it in a long time though so I don't know if they fixed any of that.

Looking forward to this weekend now. I'll be at it for hours, I get way too sucked into multi.
Spawns are still a little wack, but it's not near as frustrating as MW3 was. And if you're lagging, you can change your search preferences to find the best connection possible. So happy about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post

The score you see pop up in game doesn't count towards your real XP. So, if you play search you're still getting 500xp/kill they just don't want the score streaks to confuse people.

Last edited by Se7en; 11-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Se7en is online now   Reply With Quote