Hatchet III (2013) - Page 6 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #51
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

^ I haven't ever had a problem with her performance, thought she was much better than Tamara Feldman.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #52
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
^ I haven't ever had a problem with her performance, thought she was much better than Tamara Feldman.
I really like Danielle Harris, but Tamara Feldman did a much better job, IMO.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #53
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

She rules in Stake Land, The Victim, not so much.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #54
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
I agree with whomever about Danielle Harris sucking. She ruined the second film in my opinion. Totally wooden performance.

I wanted to rip her fucking eye out of her stupid ass head too.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #55
klownz666
Fresh Kill

klownz666 is Just klowning around!

I will be checking this out for one reason only... Danielle Harris, she is the only thing I liked about part 2.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #56
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
I really like Danielle Harris, but Tamara Feldman did a much better job, IMO.
Don't get me wrong, I liked Tamara Feldman, but she just didn't really stand out to me. Hatchet 2 definitely isn't Danielle's strongest performance, but I still found her to be better & more suited for the role than Tamara.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what Harris will bring to the table this go around.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #57
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Tamara Feldman slaughtered Danielle Harris in the Marybeth role. I still really enjoy II, entertaining and has some very memorable kills. Can't wait to see what III has to offer!
3. Humongous
4. Deadly Eyes
5. The Den
6. Rabid Grannies
7. The Revenant
8. Presidentís Day
9. Evilspeak
10. The Outing

DVD Collection / Letterboxd
Deadly Fiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #58
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
i totally agree. additionally, i find the critique of the acting, especially danielle harris, to be hysterical. really? your main problem with hatchet 2 was the acting? seriously? um, a guy gets decapitated with his own intestines (love you, john carl), and some of y'all feel like danielle harris didn't turn in her finest performance? okay, whatevs.

but i had as much fun with the second as i did he first...
Now wait just a minute; nobodyís clamoring for the second coming of Meryl Streep. The thing is that we saw a good rendition of Mary Beth in the first Hatchet. (Good being a relative term here that only means not noticeably bad, phony or phoned in.) Danielle was shit though. If Danielle had played her in the first that might be a different story and Iíd just roll with it. But she didnít and her take on the character comes off as overly goofy and worst of all screechy and shrill compared to the original actress. All that goddamn caterwauling didnít do anybody any favors.

Yes, itís true weíre dealing with Hatchet and not high art. And Hatchet II works just fine as an extended special effects reel but just because the kills are over the top and inventive doesnít make them shocking. Itís a horror comedy that is neither shocking nor funny; the kills were fun though for whatever thatís worth. My main problem was that Hatchet II comes off like the anti-Feast which kicked a bunch of taboos in the balls while at the very least being gross.

I mean it really kind of sucks that Hatchetís the movie that spawned sequels while other movies that were kind of presenting themselves as the first in a series Behind The Mask: Leslie Vernon and Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer ended up being one off deals. Fuck, I canít even really enjoy Jack Brooks on its own merits now because I know itís just a jerk off origin movie. Hey, assholes, go balls out in the original movie.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #59
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I liked Tamara Feldman, but she just didn't really stand out to me. Hatchet 2 definitely isn't Danielle's strongest performance, but I still found her to be better & more suited for the role than Tamara.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what Harris will bring to the table this go around.
She was shit. I noticed she was shit. I took a shit this morning. It was shit. Not unlike Danielleís goofy shrill ass caterwauling calamity of a performance in Hatchet II. The original actress not standing out also means she didnít stand out as a lump of shit. This matter is settled.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #60
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz666 View Post
I will be checking this out for one reason only... Danielle Harris, she is the only thing I liked about part 2.

Quote:

You jst keep getting dumber and dumber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
She was shit. I noticed she was shit. I took a shit this morning. It was shit. Not unlike Danielleís goofy shrill ass caterwauling calamity of a performance in Hatchet II. The original actress not standing out also means she didnít stand out as a lump of shit. This matter is settled.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote