Star Wars Episode VII (2015) - Page 19 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #181
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

When I first heard about the new trilogy I was pissed off thinking "oh great, 3 more movies for Lucas to shit all over" and when Disney bought the franchise I was a bit intrigued and a little more hopeful that maybe someone else with creative control can redeem what Lucas fucked up with episodes 1-3. I have not seen the new star tek film yet but I have heard good things about it and I read yesterday I beleive that Abrams is a big star wars fan. I think someone with a space style scifi flick under his belt who is a fan of the franchise could be the breath of fresh air the new trilogy needs to remind people that the saga was at one time an untouchable behemoth and introduce star wars to a new generation of fans. I was 2 years old when Return Of The Jedi's original theatrical release came out and beleive it or not I can remember bits and pieces of that viewing. I would love to take Deagon to see Episode 7 when it hits theaters. The only thing that worries me is Hammel, Fisher and Ford. For one thing Hammel doesnt really look to be in the best shape nowadays and unless he is going to shed some pounds and get back in shape I really dont know how he is going to do as Luke. Carrie Fisher is pretty much the same way now and isnt exactly the sex symbol she was in the 70s and 80s. Harrison Ford has the most going for him of the 3. I suppose Im not as worried about him reprising Han Solo. I am glad I never read any of the books about what happens after Return Of The Jedi because even though 9 times out of 10 the book is better, I want to go into this being able to be surprised and not know what is going to happen next.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #182
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Talking about his love for the lens flare technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #183
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

I haven't noticed the lens flares in his movies any more than I have loads of other sci fi flicks.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #184
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
I haven't noticed the lens flares in his movies any more than I have loads of other sci fi flicks.
It was sometimes very present in his Star Trek movie, up to the point becoming a distraction. You can control the strength of it, he just overused it a bit imo.
Though I like that effect very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #185
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
When I first heard about the new trilogy I was pissed off thinking "oh great, 3 more movies for Lucas to shit all over" and when Disney bought the franchise I was a bit intrigued and a little more hopeful that maybe someone else with creative control can redeem what Lucas fucked up with episodes 1-3. I have not seen the new star tek film yet but I have heard good things about it and I read yesterday I beleive that Abrams is a big star wars fan. I think someone with a space style scifi flick under his belt who is a fan of the franchise could be the breath of fresh air the new trilogy needs to remind people that the saga was at one time an untouchable behemoth and introduce star wars to a new generation of fans. I was 2 years old when Return Of The Jedi's original theatrical release came out and beleive it or not I can remember bits and pieces of that viewing. I would love to take Deagon to see Episode 7 when it hits theaters. The only thing that worries me is Hammel, Fisher and Ford. For one thing Hammel doesnt really look to be in the best shape nowadays and unless he is going to shed some pounds and get back in shape I really dont know how he is going to do as Luke. Carrie Fisher is pretty much the same way now and isnt exactly the sex symbol she was in the 70s and 80s. Harrison Ford has the most going for him of the 3. I suppose Im not as worried about him reprising Han Solo. I am glad I never read any of the books about what happens after Return Of The Jedi because even though 9 times out of 10 the book is better, I want to go into this being able to be surprised and not know what is going to happen next.
l'm betting they'll ignore the books, even though all of the literature has always been considered canon in the eyes of Lucasfilm. lts just too much for a screenwriter to take into consideration when starting a whole new trilogy. l have a feeling that, come summer 2015, only the movies will be canon from then on. Most of those books suck anyway.

Anybody else thinking Spielberg should direct one of these?
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #186
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

I read an interview yesterday and JJ frankly admitted he was not much of a Star Trek fan growing up yet ironically enough, he directed - In my opinion - The most enjoyable and epic Star Trek film since Wrath of Khan! Now imagine someone who's obsessed with Star Wars actually directing a SW film (possibly trilogy)!! He'll give the fanboys exactly what they want but approach the film in a professional manner also. I can only think of a few other directors who would be as suitable for the job.

As far as storylines go - I was always a fan of Dark Empire triology but naturally given the age of the original actors, they could not reprise their roles therefore, I'm not keen on that idea.

So, I would rather see something unrelated to the previous 6 films. Focusing on Kol and/or Cade Skywalker. They could introduce Darth Talon also. You know, there's not enough female protagonist when it comes to the Sith.

When it comes to Star Wars movies, the possibilities are endless.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #187
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
i like joe johnston, but i like jj abrams better. i hope he does exactly what you've outlined. as a fan of both trek and wars, i love this. no conflict of interest in my book.
l was just being an ass. l'm actually extremely excited for these movies. My nerdy nipples are hard.
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #188
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

I'm completely fine with Abrams kicking off the new trilogy just as long as the formula for the original trilogy is kept with having a different director for each film.

There's a director I wanted so bad to helm Episode III when the prequel trilogy was announced to be a go and I really hope it becomes a reality with this new trilogy.

One David Fincher.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Marathon Man - 8.5/10
Zero Dark Thirty - 8.5/10
Escape From New York - 9/10
Animal Kingdom - 7/10
Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter - 8/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #189
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
he just overused it a bit imo.
Agreed.. Every commercial I saw for "Super 8" had lens flares all over the damn place.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Marathon Man - 8.5/10
Zero Dark Thirty - 8.5/10
Escape From New York - 9/10
Animal Kingdom - 7/10
Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter - 8/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #190
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Lens flares will not ruin the movie. lol.