The NFL Prediction Thread - Page 31 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #301
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
It's called versatility you dumb fuck why do you think a lot of teams want a running quaterback if a wide out can rush too HMMM IT'S A NO BRAINER.

BTW are you even going to answer UltimateHighs smack down of you or you just going to keep licking Irvins taint with mediocre stats?

Honestly you lose the case why Michael deserves in at all/before the main guys I mentioned GET OVER IT.
30 rushing yards a season is novelty; not versatility. Reed's versatility as a runner really helped the Bills win any of those 4 Super Bowls they were in.

Running up the score on all those teams didn't mean shit because the Pats ended up the punchline to: "18-1." That's all anybody will remember. And I bet Brady called Reed up begging for his life.

Except they're not in, you goddamn idiot. End of story. Deserve's in the eye of the mouthbreather. Go dig up some more metrics you don't even understand.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #302
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
30 rushing yards a season is novelty; not versatility. Reed's versatility as a runner really helped the Bills win any of those 4 Super Bowls they were in.

Running up the score on all those teams didn't mean shit because the Pats ended up the punchline to: "18-1." That's all anybody will remember. And I bet Brady called Reed up begging for his life.

Except they're not in, you goddamn idiot. End of story. Deserve's in the eye of the mouthbreather. Go dig up some more metrics you don't even understand.
You're a goddamn idiot for thinking Michael deserved to be in the hall before them go dig up some stats that still point Michael Irvin in less touchdowns less yardage less pro-bowls and less in kick and punt returns.

VERSATILITY jackass VERSATILITY
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #303
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

freddy, you keep missing the point as to why michael irvin is exactly where he belongs (but as an aside, while yes, michael irvin caught a lot of troy aikman's passes, he has almost 700 yards from steve pelluer, somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 from steve buerelien howeverthefuck it's spelled, probably 500 or so from jason garret, and then another 3-500 hundred from rodney peete/wade wilson/bernie kosar/others, so that's close to twenty percent of his yards). and yer insistence on touchdowns, rushing yards, and return yards is ridiculous. do you have stats on how many passes irvin got inside the five yard line that emmitt finished off in the next play or two? howabout what a bad motherfucker he was blocking down field? howabout his WILL to win, and his DESIRE, and the fact that those traits spilled over to--nay, were unleashed upon--his teammates. if you only look at popular stats, you can't get a clear or accurate perspective on a players worth. andre reed was great, so was tim brown, chris carter, irving fryer. and they didn't win shit. very prolific, very never won any superbowls, very shrinky in big games. i think they belong in the hall, but there's no way they were better than michael irvin, no way that dallas or troy or anyone would have traded michael for any of those guys. it aint all about numbers, tho his numbers were just fine. it's about impact, and while i'm sure you will use our other talented players against him, michael was out in front of everybody on the cowboys, and they were happy to follow his lead (cept for the coke).

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #304
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is going to show that bitch a scary movie... bitches love scary movies

Can we all at least come together in agreement that Irvin did do a hell'va lot of cocaine?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro..._type=bookmark

My film collection...

http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/owned 4904 films and counting
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #305
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

i love michael irvin. he's probably my second all time favorite player. i miss him desperately, especially when i see dallas play some spiritless, limpid football.

but yes, i can totally agree with that. having done some cocaine in my life (none for three years and counting! whoop, whoop!), i can totally understand the appeal. but jesus michael, keep it in your fucking house. i sincerely believe we would have won the superbowl in 1996 if irvin plays a full year, gets a full camp. at his hof acceptance speech, when he apologized to the fans for that incident, i wiped away tears and said to the screen "i already forgave you, michael."

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #306
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
You're a goddamn idiot for thinking Michael deserved to be in the hall before them go dig up some stats that still point Michael Irvin in less touchdowns less yardage less pro-bowls and less in kick and punt returns.

VERSATILITY jackass VERSATILITY
Exact number of times I've heard anybody compare Andre Reed to Deion Sanders or Devin Hester or Marshall Faulk if you mean runner/receiver: ZERO, you fucking retard, ZERO. Ever heard of Eric Metcalf? He has 2,000 more rushing yards than Reed and was an actual WR/RB; not a guy that ran a trick play here and there.

If versatility meant so much, then Kordell Stewart must be a Hall of Fame lock sooner than later.

And the fact that you put no value on being one of three equally important impact players on a three-time Super Bowl Champion shows what kind of an idiot you are. But that's probably because you're a dumb cunt who has no idea who Swann & Stallworth are either. Go cry into Mike Pansier's bosom about how unfair the hall of fame is;no wonder he thinks Super Bowls are overrated; his team's never fucking won one.

Brown (1,408 ) Fryar (1,316) Carter (1,371) and Reed's (1,312) best seasons (yardage-wise) aren't within a 100 yards of Irvin's 2nd best season (1,523.) So yeah, I guess that makes Irvin mediocre compared to those guys. Dumb fucking cunt.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #307
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Exact number of times I've heard anybody compare Andre Reed to Deion Sanders or Devin Hester or Marshall Faulk if you mean runner/receiver: ZERO, you fucking retard, ZERO. Ever heard of Eric Metcalf? He has 2,000 more rushing yards than Reed and was an actual WR/RB; not a guy that ran a trick play here and there.
he hall of fame is;no wonder he thinks Super Bowls are overrated; his team's never fucking won one.
God you're pathetic.

lmfao Andre Reed 7 Pro-Bowls Tim Brown 9 Pro-Bowls Irving Fryar 5 Pro-Bowls Cris Carter 8 Pro-Bowls

Michael Irvin 5 pro-bowls

YOU FAILED.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #308
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
God you're pathetic.

lmfao Andre Reed 7 Pro-Bowls Tim Brown 9 Pro-Bowls Irving Fryar 5 Pro-Bowls Cris Carter 8 Pro-Bowls

Michael Irvin 5 pro-bowls

YOU FAILED.

Pro Bowls are fan voted popularity contests, idiot.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #309
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Pro Bowls are fan voted popularity contests, idiot.

Just give it up already.

Currently, players are voted into the Pro Bowl by the coaches, the players themselves, and the fans. Each group's ballots count for one third of the votes. The fans vote online at the NFL's official website. There are also replacements that go to the game should any selected player be unable to play due to injuries. Prior to 1995, only the coaches and the players made Pro Bowl selections.

In order to be considered a Pro Bowler for a given year, a player must either have been one of the initial players selected to the team, or a player who accepts an invitation to the Pro Bowl as an alternate; invited alternates who decline to attend are not considered Pro Bowlers. Being a Pro Bowler is considered to be a mark of honor, and players who are accepted into the Pro Bowl are considered to be elite.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #310
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:

Just give it up already.

Currently, players are voted into the Pro Bowl by the coaches, the players themselves, and the fans. Each group's ballots count for one third of the votes. The fans vote online at the NFL's official website. There are also replacements that go to the game should any selected player be unable to play due to injuries. Prior to 1995, only the coaches and the players made Pro Bowl selections.

In order to be considered a Pro Bowler for a given year, a player must either have been one of the initial players selected to the team, or a player who accepts an invitation to the Pro Bowl as an alternate; invited alternates who decline to attend are not considered Pro Bowlers. Being a Pro Bowler is considered to be a mark of honor, and players who are accepted into the Pro Bowl are considered to be elite.
Too bad the Reed had under a 1,000 yards receiving in three of those PRO BOWL seasons, dumb shit. Just to show how dumb you are, you think players have time to sit down and closely scrutinize some All-Star game ballot?

Besides I know how fucked up Pro Bowl balloting it is because Roy Williams the safety made the Pro Bowl three straight years after he started stinking.