The NFL Prediction Thread - Page 26 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #251
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
Keenan McCardell & Troy Vincent belong in the hall over Irvin? And way before no less? You're out of your mind. Keenan McCardell in particular is your prototypical stat compiler. And this is coming from a Steelers fan who by nature can't stand the Cowboys.
Almost identical stats and he never had a great QB granted Mark who happens to be my favorite QB had some good years he mirrored Michaels stats and Mike had a Hall of fame QB throwing to him?

What makes Michael Irvin so special? It's totally 100% opinion mind you Keenan was a 12th round draft pick WHO EARNED his starting job.

If none of you can actually admit being a loud mouth braggert helps your case then you really don't understand the politics of the NFL.

Humble players get the screw job.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #252
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,146
Default

BTW I don't think Keenan belongs in the Hall i'm just saying he is a 2 time superbowl champion over 600 yards in the postseason with 6 touchdowns michael only had 8 in the postseason.

But how did Michael get into the hall? By being a loud mouth coke head.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #253
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...
 
Sea Hag's Avatar
Sea Hag has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,282
Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Almost identical stats and he never had a great QB granted Mark who happens to be my favorite QB had some good years he mirrored Michaels stats and Mike had a Hall of fame QB throwing to him?
Uh, you miss the part where I pointed out that McCardell is a protypical stat compiler? He played 4 more seasons than Irvin did.

Quote:
What makes Michael Irvin so special?
Stats & most importantly postseason performance. He also helped define his position in his era. And during his peak years he was better than all those receivers you listed with the exception of maybe Tim Brown

Quote:
It's totally 100% opinion mind you Keenan was a 12th round draft pick WHO EARNED his starting job.
So Irvin didn't deserve to be drafted high and get playing time in his first year in the league? Where McCardell or Irvin were drafted is neither here nor there. To think it somehow helps your warped view is misguided to say the least.
__________________

DVDs


Recent Flicks
Marathon Man - 8.5/10
Zero Dark Thirty - 8.5/10
Escape From New York - 9/10
Animal Kingdom - 7/10
Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter - 8/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #254
nancylives!
The Living Dead
 
nancylives!'s Avatar
nancylives! is living!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mt. rainier, md
Posts: 3,412
Default

michael irvin was the motherfucking heartbeat of the dallas cowboys. his stats were fine, but his contributions went beyond stats (and his career was cut short, and his first three seasons were shortened by injury, and the all-time leading runner in nfl history was accounting for most of the yards and touchdowns). nobody practiced harder, no one worked harder, no one wanted it more than michael. he absolutely belongs in the hall-of-fame, and he played big always. you ever see michael irivn drop a pass or shy away from a block or give up on a route or fail to hustle down the field whether he was involved in the play or not? michael irvin was a great player and personally, i miss him desperately. he's right where he blongs.

now, if only my man coulda kept his nose outta the powder. i promise you, we would have won in 96, too...
__________________

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #255
nancylives!
The Living Dead
 
nancylives!'s Avatar
nancylives! is living!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mt. rainier, md
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
But how did Michael get into the hall? By being a loud mouth coke head.
you're a loud mouth coke head

but seriously, he got in cus he was the heart and soul of one of history's greatest teams, and he produced always.
__________________

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #256
nancylives!
The Living Dead
 
nancylives!'s Avatar
nancylives! is living!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mt. rainier, md
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
Keenan McCardell & Troy Vincent belong in the hall over Irvin? And way before no less? You're out of your mind. Keenan McCardell in particular is your prototypical stat compiler. And this is coming from a Steelers fan who by nature can't stand the Cowboys.
i very much appreciate these sentiments hag, and i know exactly how hard it must be to admit to them. in the interest of fairness and respect, i give you this: in addition to the millions of players from your seventies teams in the hall, i am glad that workman-like, dependable john stallworth is among them.
__________________

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #257
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
So Irvin didn't deserve to be drafted high and get playing time in his first year in the league? Where McCardell or Irvin were drafted is neither here nor there. To think it somehow helps your warped view is misguided to say the least.
No i'm saying the hall looks at all the combined attributes to make someone Hall worthy and if they were drafted 12th it's a good story. McCardell has decent postseason stats and played in less postseason games than Michael.

Is he better than Jimmy Smith? Better than Rod Smith,Andre Reed + his playoffs stats?

ok Michael is lengths and bounds better than them? Yeah Right.

A flashy 1st round draft pick WILL always be looked at more than a 7th round draft pick.
__________________

Last edited by Freddy_Lives; 02-03-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #258
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill
 
DudeClassicMan's Avatar
DudeClassicMan has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Then anybody with eyeballs should see that Michael Strahan,Zach Thomas,Tim Brown who played when Michael did and was by far better,Jerome Bettis,Will Shields,Sam Adams,Anenas Williams,Troy Vincent

Just Wideouts that played during his time? Tim Brown,Jimmy Smith,Keenan McCardell,Andre Reed,Rod Smith all have more yards some are superbowl winners and aren't 46th in touchdowns either.

That's the short list of eligible players that belong in the hall way before Michael Irvin.
This is too easy.

Irvin; 12-year career; best seasons. Seven 1,000 yard seasons.

'91 93 1523 16.4 8
'92 78 1396 17.9 7
'93 88 1330 15.1 7
'94 79 1241 15.7 6
'95 111 1603 14.4 10

Brown; 17-year career; best seasons. Nine 1,000 yard seasons.

'97 104 1408 13.5 5
'99 90 1344 14.9 6
'95 89 1342 15.1 10
'94 89 1309 14.7 9
'93 80 1180 14.8 7


Looks like Irvin's best was better than Brown's best. As for TD's it's probably worth considering Irvin set up 15-20 of Emmitt's TD's with tight rope catches inside the 5-yard line. I'll let you do the legwork on those other guys. I do think it's precious that you think McCardell was better than Irvin. Hint: his most receiving yards in a season was 1,207.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #259
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill
 
DudeClassicMan's Avatar
DudeClassicMan has no status.
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 838
Default

I just gotta be honest; this whole bucket of shit sounds like redneck delusion. You're obviously too smart to be dazzled by celebration dances and hooping and hollering but the guys who actually vote for the hall aren't; they're hypnotized by Irvin's self-promoting chicanery? ALLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIGHTY THEN.

Also I don't know how in the fuck you outright ignore being one of three equally important superstars that was on the last real dynasty and not that Pats horseshit who had to win with tuck rule coupons and never blew anybody out in the playoffs. You ignore the rings but bitch about the fancy hypnotizing dancing and self-promoting of Irvin.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #260
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
I just gotta be honest; this whole bucket of shit sounds like redneck delusion. You're obviously too smart to be dazzled by celebration dances and hooping and hollering but the guys who actually vote for the hall aren't; they're hypnotized by Irvin's self-promoting chicanery? ALLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIGHTY THEN.

Also I don't know how in the fuck you outright ignore being one of three equally important superstars that was on the last real dynasty and not that Pats horseshit who had to win with tuck rule coupons and never blew anybody out in the playoffs. You ignore the rings but bitch about the fancy hypnotizing dancing and self-promoting of Irvin.
Lmfao and Irvin didn't get away with pushing off more in the 90s than any other wide out and you trash the pats lol ok that's just bullshit and hypocrisy
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC