The NFL Prediction Thread - Page 24 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #231
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post
This is interesting, it only proves the point that when one layer is a loud mouth braggart he will receive way more acclaim than a player that is equally as good, but humble.
Exactly! London never had a dominate defense behind him like Ray does granted London played on some great defensive teams but never consistent like Ray did especially with pro-bowl defensive tackles.

Zach Thomas,Sam Mills,Ken Norton,Mo Lewis,Donnie Edwards all have similar stats to Ray Lewis not a single one in the Hall Of Fame.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #232
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

i never said london fletcher wasn't an awesome, hall of fame player. jeez you guys. just cus he plays for the redskins doesn't mean i don't respect how awesome he is. but part of london's problem, excepting the superbowl years with the rams early in his career and last year, he's played for shit teams. but folks in the know know he's great.

nancylives! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #233
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
just cus he plays for the redskins doesn't mean i don't respect how awesome he is. but part of london's problem, excepting the superbowl years with the rams early in his career and last year, he's played for shit teams. but folks in the know know he's great.
I agree but what i'm saying is in no way shape or form as much as I like London do I think he is hall worthy so why the hell would Ray be?

Last edited by Freddy_Lives; 01-29-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #234
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Anyone see the Ray Lewis interview today??? Him smirking being accused of cheating he looked so guilty I would bet my life on it.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #235
floyd2006
The Living Dead

floyd2006 is In The Twilight Zone

I picked 49ers last year to win the Suberbowl when they lost last year and now my pick is becoming reality. Ravens wont win with so many problems revolving around them. Lewis being accused of deer antler juice(?),Ed Reed wanintg more attention by talking about how much he wants to become a Pat and let's not forget Fluko!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #236
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd2006 View Post
I picked 49ers last year to win the Suberbowl when they lost last year and now my pick is becoming reality. Ravens wont win with so many problems revolving around them. Lewis being accused of deer antler juice(?),Ed Reed wanintg more attention by talking about how much he wants to become a Pat and let's not forget Fluko!
Is it bad that I hate both teams ha ha I will watch the superbowl of course but this year is a stinker in my eyes.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #237
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Sacks don't really mean jackshit when applied to middle linebackers. Lewis plays a totally different position than a coked-up demon pass rusher like LT or currently Ware or Harrison.

But using Mike Singletary as a gauge he only had 19 sacks and 7 INT's compared to Lewis's 41.5 sacks and 31 INT's. Actually, I bet you'll find few ILB's that have as many as Lewis's 41.5 sacks. I also doubt there are very many LB's that have more than Lewis's 31 picks.

The same fuckers that voted Lewis an All-Pro 7 times are going to be the same ones voting him into the Hall Of The Fame. Singletary was also surrounded by a half dozen great defensive players in his prime but nobody ever questioned his greatness. You can individually decide whether these guys were catalysts or just warm bodies. I'll go out on a limb and believe that Lewis wasn't getting all these All Pro distinctions by accident.

Personally, I don't give a shit if Lewis fell down on a sharpened dildo and got splinters up his ass. I really hate all this hallelujah farewell tour bullshit too. But deciding a player is average or no better than a dozen other guys because you loathe the guy is taking it a bit far.

I mean guys like Norton and Thomas, while very good players, aren't even a pimple on Lewis's dickhead. Pro Bowl defensive tackles? Are we going all the way back to 2000? Adams; yes. Siragusa? Fat piece of lardbucket shit parked in the middle of the defense that was the real beneficiary of being surrounded by all that Ravens talent. Besides Lewis and Reed have been the constants on that Ravens defense. Dozens of other players have came and went; they've remained and the defense has stayed one of the best in the league.

As for the cheating, who knows how many of these fuckers are really clean? All the USC backers like Cushing and Matthews have certainly been juicing or doing whatever else for quite a while; only the former has gotten caught yet.

It's no accident that Lewis has been in the middle of the defense that besides the Steelers has been the most consistent in the league going on a dozen years now.

The Ravens are only in my B tier of most hated teams a notch below the Gnomes, Eagles, Patsies, Steelers and 9ers. Needless to say I'll be rooting for them as hard as I was for them to take down the Patsies. Though I'm obligated to hate the team itself, I actually love the way the 9ers have built from the inside out spending a bunch of early picks on O-line. I also like that Harbaugh was brash enough of a bastard to make a late season QB change. I think he's the modern equivalent to Jimmy Johnson. But fuck the 9ers. Although at least if they won and got their 6th it would make Jerry Jones feel like an even bigger piece of shit as a GM. Fuck that Skeletor-looking motherfucker.

Last edited by DudeClassicMan; 02-01-2013 at 03:10 PM.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #238
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
Sacks don't really mean jackshit when applied to middle linebackers. Lewis plays a totally different position than a coked-up demon pass rusher like LT or currently Ware or Harrison.
All good points but I was putting out there that the numbers don't back up why the guy deserves the hall nod yes I claimed him to be a good player many times but a hall player is a differen't story.

He didn't change the game he didn't bring a new scheme or prowess into the game and he always has had great outside linebackers to go with clogging up the line for him to shine just as the defensive tackles did.

Singletary had great coaching and was actually coaching when he played where as Ray doesn't really teach the defense as he did.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #239
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

If Joe Fucco has another clean game (2 or 3 TD passes, no INT's) he would be the first QB to not throw a single pick in a 4-game postseason. Although there's no fucking way that fart in a whirlwind pass should've gotten behind the Broncos to tie that game, he'll still deserve all the endless media knobslobbery if he delivers in the Super Bowl. Either you believe in the notion of a guy being able to raise his game in the postseason or you don't.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #240
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
All good points but I was putting out there that the numbers don't back up why the guy deserves the hall nod yes I claimed him to be a good player many times but a hall player is a differen't story.

He didn't change the game he didn't bring a new scheme or prowess into the game and he always has had great outside linebackers to go with clogging up the line for him to shine just as the defensive tackles did.

Singletary had great coaching and was actually coaching when he played where as Ray doesn't really teach the defense as he did.
The INT's and sacks do back up him being a Hall Of Famer. Find the guys with more sacks or INT's playing as an inside linebacker that got snubbed; or with more All Pro nominations which are given based who was the very best each given season unlike the Pro Bowl popularity contest bullshit.

Thomas- 20.5 sacks, 17 INT
Mills- 20.5 sacks, 11 INT
Lewis- 52.5 sacks, 14 INT
Norton- 12.5 sacks, 6 INT
Edwards- 23.5 sacks, 28 INT