2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins! - Page 946 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > BD Forum Games > Official BD Drafts

Official BD Drafts Home of the annual BD drafts , new drafts by permission only.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #9451
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Congrats Vlad .. Our lists should of been in the finals tho with Bungles.

Cem Man is online for some reason
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #9452
ReptilianPig
Rotting Corpse

ReptilianPig is a glowing grin in the pitch black

Glad to participate in this year's... I've some movies to add to my queue > it's about time some educated foos are up in this bitch.

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
My old place in toronto had a bidet...I liked using it, cleaned the shit outta there + it felt good. Ever masturbate with a stream of water on your asshole? Feels great, try it sometime.
ReptilianPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #9453
bizarre_eye
The Living Dead

bizarre_eye is the lowest common abominator

Congrats on the win, Torrance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
Oxley is having computer troubles so I will post his votes for him.
A dingo chewed through his phone line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
Your movie knowledge is embarrassing.

I looked at the scores from your votes last year. Have you watched any movies since the last horror draft? Your scores indicate the answer is no.
People do need to be called out on this shit. After all this is (supposed) to be a horror site not 4chan. Although, some times I wonder.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #9454
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
People do need to be called out on this shit. After all this is (supposed) to be a horror site not 4chan. Although, some times I wonder.
Agreed.

Typically, when I encounter these people their responses tend to be, "I don't like snobby movies" or "I don't sit in the house and watch movies all day." Nobody expects anyone to sit in the house all day or to have watched every movie, but as you said, this is a horror discussion board. Watch a few each year. They don't, while continuing to vote in every draft, as if their uniformed opinion matters to anyone.

They should be embarrassed, should be publicly chastised and they should absolutely hang their heads in shame.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #9455
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Although people can be pretty busy, i would hope they write down and try to watch everything drafted. Try being the key word, unless someone likes to DL movies, getting ahold of all of them will be impossible, Youtube is a good source and should be used at a minimum.

Crackle is free and a good source. NetFlix is also good if you want to try that.

As for actual time to watch them, most peeps should be able to get in one a week, that's 52 a year, some might be busier than that, but even once a month would be something.

As for voting, well, not sure I endorse this, but here's something.

A year or two ago, and I think it was a song draft, it was me vs Sea Hag, a decent enough guy as far as I'm concerned. He declared early on we wasn't going to be able to vote, don't remember why exactly, but he was busy with something. I think more than anything that saying so early on is what made the stink. And peeps decide he shouldn't pass to the next round regardless of the out come. I lost by one vote, but was pass on to the 2nd round and Sea Hag got the auto loss.

So if a person can't be bothered to vote, they could get an auto loss, if neither person votes, auto loss them both, no going to the next round. This could be sure to force some tree-way matches later, but so be it.

Anyway, it's a way to handle things, give it some thought so you know which you'll prefer, the pros and cons of auto losses, or the pros and cons we have now. Nothing wrong with liking how it is over this, just understand which devil you chose so to speak.
Yoda
Beverly Hillbillies
She Drives Like Crazy
Gump
The Saga Begins
It's All About the Pentiums
Grapefruit Diet
White & Nerdy
Canadian Idiot
Smells Like Nirvana
Inactive
Eat It
Foil
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #9456
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptilianPig View Post
Whoa. Izzat you Hannibal Rex :stabs your lower torso: Yup. Red. What's goin' on, bud? Can we get some warm fuzzies up in here? You know the BDL world has gone much, much darker when the chipper fellow of the group starts expressing cynical retorts w/ some passive aggression thrown in.
I wasn't aware that I was ever the "chipper one," but I appreciate the sentiment, and it's good to see you posting on here again.

I hate to be an example of how the forum has gotten darker. Shit happens though, right?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #9457
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

The Bear Jew is the Sadie Saxton of BD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post

Doesn't look like I'm going to get a congrats from either The Bum Jab or dead beat. Not very sportsman like. I would have given you both one of these if you had beaten me.

Sorry, I've been having computer issues hence my lack of voting, hopefully everything is back to normal...
The Bear Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #9458
ReptilianPig
Rotting Corpse

ReptilianPig is a glowing grin in the pitch black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
I wasn't aware that I was ever the "chipper one," but I appreciate the sentiment, and it's good to see you posting on here again.

I hate to be an example of how the forum has gotten darker. Shit happens though, right?
I guess I meant the "wise-cracker." From what I observed, you always leaned toward resolution and offering the gift of laughter. Shit happens, indeed. Human, ye be. You'll come back to form.

edit: not "white boy full of wisdom", in this instance

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
My old place in toronto had a bidet...I liked using it, cleaned the shit outta there + it felt good. Ever masturbate with a stream of water on your asshole? Feels great, try it sometime.
ReptilianPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #9459
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
So if a person can't be bothered to vote, they could get an auto loss, if neither person votes, auto loss them both, no going to the next round. This could be sure to force some tree-way matches later, but so be it.
Giving someone an auto loss for not voting sounds fair.
Sorry for all of the h/s people. Just haven't had the time these past couple months to watch what I wanted. Also some of your movies are really hard to find.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #9460
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
Awesome response! Ripping off the gif from me that best sums up your lack of imagination and wit. How ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
Congrats Vlad .. Our lists should of been in the finals tho with Bungles.
Thanks, DB. If I don't win this draft Bungle or CC will that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
A dingo chewed through his phone line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post

Sorry, I've been having computer issues hence my lack of voting, hopefully everything is back to normal...

Yeah I guessed that. I was just joking about with you before.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote