2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins! - Page 904 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > BD Forum Games > Official BD Drafts

Official BD Drafts Home of the annual BD drafts , new drafts by permission only.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #9031
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGeek View Post
-3 for The Thing? Is Ren serious? I can understand thinking it's overrated and all but not a -3.

My mind is blown.
It's obvious now that he is voting against the vanilla picks.

I'm disappointed with you, Ren. I wasn't sure what your true intensions were when you scored my list. I thought that maybe you just thought my picks were very overrated. But, you went the Orlok route and punished me for vanilla. I made it clear before the draft started that I was going for the win and I'm not going to do that with a whole list of recs. People should be able to play the game how they want to. If you want to just draft recs then that's fine by me. I've even awarded people +3 bonus points for pointing me in the direction of these films.

It's insulting that our lists are punished for choosing popular movies. I love all the films that I have drafted and I have put much thought into my list. I've spent two long months putting care and effort into it to put together the strongest selection that I could to be a contender only for it to be shit on by somebody's snobbery. Somebody who judges a movie should only ever take into consideration its quality of filmmaking whether it's popular or obscure.

Shame on you, Ren.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:04 AM   #9032
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
It's obvious now that he is voting against the vanilla picks.

I'm disappointed with you, Ren. I wasn't sure what your true intensions were when you scored my list. I thought that maybe you just thought my picks were very overrated. But, you went the Orlok route and punished me for vanilla. I made it clear before the draft started that I was going for the win and I'm not going to do that with a whole list of recs. People should be able to play the game how they want to. If you want to just draft recs then that's fine by me. I've even awarded people +3 bonus points for pointing me in the direction of these films.

It's insulting that our lists are punished for choosing popular movies. I love all the films that I have drafted and I have put much thought into my list. I've spent two long months putting care and effort into it to put together the strongest selection that I could to be a contender only for it to be shit on by somebody's snobbery. Somebody who judges a movie should only ever take into consideration its quality of filmmaking whether it's popular or obscure.

Shame on you, Ren.

I agree and well said. I would've thought that someone of Rens intellect would do better than taking the Orlock route.

Scoring films negative points for being vanilla/classics is just flat out retarded.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #9033
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

I kinda feel a little bad about giving the picks, that I don't see as horror, a -3. It can detract a lot from an otherwise great list.

I'll score the non-horror picks with a 0 from now on.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #9034
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
I kinda feel a little bad about giving the picks, that I don't see as horror, a -3. It can detract a lot from an otherwise great list.

I'll score the non-horror picks with a 0 from now on.
I wish you decided this before you scored my list.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #9035
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
I didnt have the balls to do this.
'Cause you literally don't have any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
Yeah Ren's a bit of a film snob. No offense to him/her but all of these -3 scores for classic horror films is a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
I agree and well said. I would've thought that someone of Rens intellect would do better than taking the Orlock route.

Scoring films negative points for being vanilla/classics is just flat out retarded.
Troof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren
Oxley

1. An American Werewolf in London (1981) - John Landis -3
2. King Kong (1933) Merian C. Cooper/Ernest B. Schoedsack -1
3. The Omen (1976) - Richard Donner -1
4. Event Horizon (1997)-Paul W.S. Anderson -2
5. My Bloody Valentine (1981)-George Mihalka +1
6. Pumpkinhead (1988 ) Stan Winston -1
7. Horror Express (1972) Eugenio Martín +1
8. Crawlspace (1986) David Schmoeller +1
9. House (1986) - Steve Miner +1
10. Alien 3 (1992) David Fincher -2
11. Messiah of Evil AKA Dead People (1973) Willard Huyck +2
12. Doghouse (2009) - Jake West -3
13. Razorback (1984) - Russell Mulcahy +1
14. The Phantom of the Opera (1925) Rupert Julian +1

Total = - 5

Vs.

rusted31

1. Halloween (1978 ) - John Carpenter -3
2. Maniac (1980) William Lustig +2
3. Haute Tension (2003) Alexandre Aja +1
4. Frontičre(s) (2007) Xavier Gens +1
5. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) Robert Rodriguez -3
6. Reazione a catena (A Bay of Blood) Mario Bava (1971) +2
7. Scream 4 (2011) - Wes Craven -3
8. Never Sleep Again: The Elm St Legacy (2010) Andrew Kasch & Daniel Farrands HS
9. Friday The 13th: Part 3 (1983) Steve Miner -1
10. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) David Lynch +1
11. Insidious James Wan (2011) -1
12. The Prowler (1981) Joseph Zito +1
13. The Monster Squad (1987) Fred Dekker +1
14. Final Destination 5 (2011) Steven Quale -3

Srsly, cut this crap. It puts you in the same shitty spot Trollock is already in. You don't want to do that, aye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #9036
bizarre_eye
The Living Dead

bizarre_eye is the lowest common abominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
I'm surprised anyone voted in my favour.
You have a really good list, although so does Urdeadlyfriend.

I think some people are getting too sidetracked with voting for the member rather than the films. Whilst there's nothing new in that, it does seem more apparent this year than in previous drafts.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #9037
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I think some people are getting too sidetracked with voting for the member rather than the films. Whilst there's nothing new in that, it does seem more apparent this year than in previous drafts.
More apparent is the childish rating on so called vanilla by some members here. Pretty silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #9038
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

thanks, ren! i never realized what shitty taste i had until now.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #9039
bizarre_eye
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
More apparent is the childish rating on so called vanilla by some members here. Pretty silly.
I think a lot of people can't handle others not liking certain films that they love, and it leads to a lot of unnecessary calling people out on their ratings. People need to realise that not everyone likes the same stuff. Although, I agree there are some really bizarre scores being thrown out, but not knowing any of the culprits personally, I can't say one way or the other whether those scores are genuine or not. If they're not, then those people need to question why they're bothering to take part in the first place.

However, what surprises me more than any of the silly voting tactics is the amount of HS's, especially amongst some of the veteran draft members.

I have friends who don't confess to be big horror fans, have limited to no knowledge of the genre, and certainly don't waste their free time posting on horror forum s like we do, who have seen more horror films than a lot of the voters here. I'm not talking mega obscure stuff either, I'm talking about films that are picked year on year.

Last edited by bizarre_eye; 11-27-2012 at 05:51 AM.
bizarre_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #9040
bizarre_eye
The Living Dead

Also: Why the fuck does the word 'forum s' (with no space) auto-correct to 'legacy'?

DAMN COMMUNISTS!!!1!