Evil Dead II (1986) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Default Evil Dead II (1986)

"Evil Dead 2"......This film is one of finest, most imaginative comedy horror films ever made. Raimi, has put all the aspects of the film together in masterful fashion. The camera work and sound effects are pulsating, and the timing is pitch perfect. Having the handsome Bruce Campbell in the lead again, and supported by a much stronger cast than in the 1st movie, the film is entertaining from start to finish. Only little gripe I have is that the prologue/beginning with "Ash" and "Linda" makes the film confusing, with just the 2 of them at the cabin instead of the original 5 from The Evil Dead. Raimi should have added in a few highlights from the 1st part instead of creating a new opening. If we are to believe that Ash has RETURNED to the cabin with his gf Linda(like it states in the back of the dvd/vhs box), then why continue the movie right after the opening to the part where the Demon gets a hold of Ash(how the 1st part ended) and drags him through the forest into the tree? Anyways, besides that little gripe, this chapter is the BEST in the series. The makeup effects are terrific, direction is great, damn fine ensemble acting, and the special effects are both great and very hokey!! Not to mention many gory and outrageous moments. I laughed, I gasped, and I gripped the arm of my chair throughout! Few sequels live up to the original and fewer still surpass it. This is one of those rare instances. It's a mix of horror, laughs, and gore. An electrifying roller coaster ride of a movie!

10/10

Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 07-23-2012 at 11:08 PM.
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
Few sequels live up to the original and fewer still surpass it.
I had to consider that for a moment. I think there are more than a few sequels that surpass the respective originals. A strong case can be made for sequels in the following series:

Child's Play
F13
ANOES
Basket Case
Wrong Turn
...and, of course, The Blair Witch Project
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
I had to consider that for a moment. I think there are more than a few sequels that surpass the respective originals. A strong case can be made for sequels in the following series:

Child's Play
F13
ANOES
Basket Case
Wrong Turn
A strongly disagree about any sequels to The Blair Witch Project, Wrong Turn, and ANOES surpassing the original.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

Evil Dead 2... what a mess. Good times!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

Sarah Berry(Annie) and Kassie Wesley Depaiva(Bobbi Jo) are both wonderful in here. I was sad to see "Annie" killed off.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #6
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"Evil Dead 2"......This film is one of finest, most imaginative comedy horror films ever made. Raimi, has put all the aspects of the film together in masterful fashion. The camera work and sound effects are pulsating, and the timing is pitch perfect. Having the handsome Bruce Campbell in the lead again, and supported by a much stronger cast than in the 1st movie, the film is entertaining from start to finish. Only little gripe I have is that the prologue/beginning with "Ash" and "Linda" makes the film confusing, with just the 2 of them at the cabin instead of the original 5 from The Evil Dead. Raimi should have added in a few highlights from the 1st part instead of creating a new opening. If we are to believe that Ash has RETURNED to the cabin with his gf Linda(like it states in the back of the dvd/vhs box), then why continue the movie right after the opening to the part where the Demon gets a hold of Ash(how the 1st part ended) and drags him through the forest into the tree? Anyways, besides that little gripe, this chapter is the BEST in the series. The makeup effects are terrific, direction is great, damn fine ensemble acting, and the special effects are both great and very hokey!! Not to mention many gory and outrageous moments. I laughed, I gasped, and I gripped the arm of my chair throughout! Few sequels live up to the original and fewer still surpass it. This is one of those rare instances. It's a mix of horror, laughs, and gore. An electrifying roller coaster ride of a movie!

10/10
this is my favorite out of the trilogy. it pretty much had it all.

(9/10)

Quote:

Child's Play
F13
ANOES
Basket Case
Wrong Turn

oh my. some pretty bad examples there.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
Evil Dead 2... what a mess. Good times!
yep.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:

Child's Play
F13
ANOES
Basket Case
Wrong Turn
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
LOL...my thoughts exactly!!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
zombaddict
BANNED

zombaddict is Douglas the Caretaker

It's hard to believe this movie is from 1986. Amazing.
zombaddict is offline   Reply With Quote