Sinister (2012) - Page 18 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #171
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Damn DudeClassicMan you must like the taste of Zilla's dick because you just won't leave him alone.

He doesn't like Shining. Big fucking deal. Just because it's a "widely regarded classic" doesn't mean every single person on earth has to suck its dick. Hell although I like it, it's nowhere near the top of my list of favorite horror films. It's an exceptionally well made piece of cinema but I don't see myself going back to it anytime soon.

Even though I've disagreed with Zilla on quite a few things, I respect his honesty.

As for Sinister, it's great. Aside from a few lame jump scares it's an unsettling piece of horror entertainment with a vicious mean streak and a great performance from Ethan Hawke.
^ This...all of it. All of it is spot on.

The one thing I really liked about the movie is that the family seemed like a real one. There wasn't anyone I looked at & thought "they shouldn't have been cast."

Admittedly, though, I kinda wish we got to see more of the Deputy. He was fucking hilarious...probably my favorite character of the movie.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:51 AM   #172
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
The one thing I really liked about the movie is that the family seemed like a real one. There wasn't anyone I looked at & thought "they shouldn't have been cast."
IDK man everyone aside from Ethan was cookie cutter and utterly replaceable. I've never seen a more boring & tedious family to have to watch through 90 minutes.

That's not really a knock on the film at all since it's entirely almost entirely Ethan's story but there was definitely a lack of character development present in the family.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #173
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
IDK man everyone aside from Ethan was cookie cutter and utterly replaceable. I've never seen a more boring & tedious family to have to watch through 90 minutes.

That's not really a knock on the film at all since it's entirely almost entirely Ethan's story but there was definitely a lack of character development present in the family.
Don't call my family boring
Old 11-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #174
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post

Well, to each his own. I can see why you would say that, though. Even though I found the family likable, I do think they could've probably added on a little more back story.

But, kudos definitely has to be given to Hawke. Even though he's more or less an asshole in this movie that puts his family in danger, he still comes off as being extremely likeable.

Then again, I have yet to ever see Ethan Hawke in a movie where I don't like him.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #175
Chevy Chase
Not Dead Yet

Chevy Chase is celebrating thanksgiving day for the recently returned back to life cats

Default Loved the creepy vibe and the home videos

Okay so my girlfriend has a job, I'm back and I got more time to spend with my favorite past time, horror movies. What's good about timeless movies like oh say Dressed to Kill is they never run out of spooky moments, foreboding minutia and just plain good gory kills. Well here we go with a similar foreboding vibe in this movie. As soon as Ethan finds that video camera, no as soon as he moves in to that house, the bad minutia starts to tug on ones shirt lapels. Everything feels right or wrong in this one. There is a sense of impending doom in the ever flowing reels of film, so much so that when the demon finally strikes it is no great revelation. Do I believe this is because the script writing is commonplace or see thru, no. Instead its as if a natural occurrence of events leading up from the discovery of the reels has occurred. All in all, a taut thriller, even if the ending is a mile wide open.
Chevy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #176
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Chase View Post
Okay so my girlfriend has a job, I'm back and I got more time to spend with my favorite past time, horror movies. What's good about timeless movies like oh say Dressed to Kill is they never run out of spooky moments, foreboding minutia and just plain good gory kills. Well here we go with a similar foreboding vibe in this movie. As soon as Ethan finds that video camera, no as soon as he moves in to that house, the bad minutia starts to tug on ones shirt lapels. Everything feels right or wrong in this one. There is a sense of impending doom in the ever flowing reels of film, so much so that when the demon finally strikes it is no great revelation. Do I believe this is because the script writing is commonplace or see thru, no. Instead its as if a natural occurrence of events leading up from the discovery of the reels has occurred. All in all, a taut thriller, even if the ending is a mile wide open.
(golf clap)

Spot-on review.. It's obvious from the get that things aren't going to end well. The fact that the daytime scenes didn't illuminate things much just made the dread that much more palpable.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Interview With The Vampire - 8/10
22 Jump Street - 4/10
Aliens - 10/10
The Beastmaster - 8.5/10
Goin South - 7/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #177
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is DRANK MOODY