Sinister (2012) - Page 12 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #111
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
The score was indeed rich and effective. I didn't know it was the same person who did Hellraiser. Some of you guys really know your shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
Yes the score is notable as well, definitely heightened the experience.
Christopher Young is a legend. I noticed him first with The Exorcsim Of Emily Rose. I can't sit through the whole score in one piece to this day, it is so damn eerie, scary and just damn effective.
He is a master of his profession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #112
Fanofhorror
Fresh Kill

Fanofhorror has no status.

I was really looking forward to this movie, I went to every first showing on Friday, Too my local cinema, even took the day of work, this was very first movie I have saw in Cinema this last year!

Another horror movie shows too much in trailer, the most of scare scene were already seen in the trailer, it kinda takes the scare away from the movie, as we already seen it,

There twos other scenes that thankfully were not in the trailer, one of them did make me Jump and there one scenes I found some what creepy.

Normal I don't mind silly stuff, this movie really annoyed me in some parts, Main lead hears a loud noise but no ones else seem to hear it, even the next night, when he falls, makes noise and starts screaming really loud, No one else seem to here or come by after he fall thought the floor!

The other thing that really annoyed me was the really loud shouting scenes, it was over the top and was not needed at all, my head started hurt!

This movie as Nothing we not really see before in pass horror movies, For me this me kinda drag on a little, when we finally know the story.

Then they rush the the ending as it's gets way too predicable, there one scenes that really reminded me of Insidious as well.

talking about Insidious, I was not big fan of it but I Would watch that over this any day.

5 out of 10
Fanofhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #113
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofhorror View Post
Another horror movie shows too much in trailer, the most of scare scene were already seen in the trailer, it kinda takes the scare away from the movie, as we already seen it,
I agree that trailers show too much and spoil key moments, its especially bad with spoiling laughs in comedies e.g The Hangover 3 trailer has already ruined the laugh with the giraffe.

I pretty much avoid trailers now although sometimes it can't be helped.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #114
Bottleneck
Not Dead Yet

Bottleneck has no status.

Hell yeah the soundtrack was awesome. Really atmospheric, frightening and lifted up the whole movie. Which I liked the first hour, including the gradually build up but I found the ending a big disappointment. You know
Spoiler Below
the kids and all
, not scary at all, on the contrary made me laugh a little when they were sssssisshing. Why oh why seemed to me like a consensus (don't know the right English word sorry) for the mainstream theatre audience. Too bad, the first hour was heading to a 8/10 in my view (then again I wasn't into the whole Insidious thing/hype either).
4. Session 9
5. Irréversible
6. Apocalypse Now
7. No Country for Old Men
8. Eyes Wide Shut
9. Boot, Das
10. Pi

>> my youtube channel <<
Bottleneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:33 AM   #115
Cebonation04
Demigod

Cebonation04 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Cebonation04

I really liked this one. It was genuinely disturbing, despite some cheesy imagery.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #116
LucyGore
Not Dead Yet

LucyGore is missing Chris <3

I liked it. I actually had trouble sleeping after I saw it lol. I get the creeps when he sees that creepy masked face, when he looks through the film rolls... also the ending is really jumpy.

Rawr
LucyGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #117
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

This looks so good. Have to buy it soon.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #118
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
I felt like it would've been a tad more effective if we'd never really gotten a straight ahead look at Bughul. That it would work further against your psyche and fears if you had to just get glimpses of him, the same way nightmares work. I didn't think he looked bad, but the tingle I felt at the beginning of the movie did wear off.
That was never going to happen, not with most of today's audience.

I didn't hate it, but I think it failed in the atmosphere scene. I mean, I know it tried, but to me it always either fell short, or over shot the mark. I didn't have a crept out feeling at all. And I was disappointed in that fact, the story was good enough to keep my attention though. I would have liked it if the atmosphere worked though.

The Women in Black remake I thought had a lot better atmosphere. That whole town was just creepy.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #119
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
That was never going to happen, not with most of today's audience.
i agree that it would be effective but I watched a special showing of The Blair Witch Project and the people behind me said during the credits "didn't fuckin' see anything."
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #120
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
i agree that it would be effective but I watched a special showing of The Blair Witch Project and the people behind me said during the credits "didn't fuckin' see anything."
I think it depends basically on every movie and not as a general rule, ie sometimes you want and feel the need to see everything, every detail and other times you don't feel this need, but what works better it is what is suggested.

Where is the difference? .... Of how it is addressed and it present to us the subject, for example if in a movie the characters are seeing something that is happening and their expressions demonstrate a palpable feeling of terror, then you want to see what it is, what they are seeing, what is really happening in great detail.

On the contrary if the characters in a movie are as confused as oneself, and aren't sure what is happening, then the atmosphere and all the other details take on a critical role and can be more effective than seeing a giant monster with a bloody mouth.