World War Z (2013) - Page 7 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #61
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

I don't see how anyone can think this looks even half decent.. :/

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:39 AM   #62
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

For a zombie movie I'm yet to see one actual zombie.

All I see if a blur of cgi shit.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #63
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
For a zombie movie I'm yet to see one actual zombie.

All I see if a blur of cgi shit.
Yeah, that was my first thought too. Where are the zombies? They seem so focused on making it look epic, they forgot what makes zombie movies work. Who knows though. This is just a trailer, maybe the film will be good.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #64
Boilersuit_Mayhem
Rotting Corpse

Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...

The problem with the trailers for this movie is that, if you didn't know that the 'Z' stood for 'zombie', you wouldn't know it was a zombie movie. All you see is hundreds of people frantically running away from something; the viewer is given no reason to suspect that the masses of frantically running people are the threat the main characters are talking about.

Seriously, trailer guys, you need to show someone biting someone else. Without biting, you're left wondering why all the "normal" people are stampeding in panicked desperation.

Putting out of my mind that I know this is a zombie movie, I watch the trailers, waiting for them to reveal what the fuck everyone's scared of. And they don't.

And the title. World War 'Z'? In some parts of the English-speaking world, the whole World War Z/Three thing tends to get lost because 'Z' rhymes with 'Ted'. World War Zed? Does that mean World War Final because 'Z' is the last letter of the alphabet?

Okay, so it's the final World War. Who the hell is fighting? And why? And why is everyone trampling one another? Is someone having a sale?

Show me a fucking zombie. At this point, it almost feels as though the producers of this movie are embarrassed that they've made a zombie apocalypse movie.

Or is it just me?

Last edited by Boilersuit_Mayhem; 03-27-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Boilersuit_Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #65
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

There is nothing close or personal about this story in relation to zombies. If anybody has read the book they will know that there really isn't any main character or dramatization, it's an epic overview of how "patient zero" began the Zombie Wars... There aren't any close encounters, just giant hoards of hundreds, thousands, and millions of zombies. Obviously adding a more linear story makes sense for a movie... The zombies in this movie are not cliche horror zombies... They're just dead people. They won't stylize them as the emphasis is on action and adventure.

It isn't really a horror movie, and I think it looks great.

Max Brooks wrote the novel. Read it before knocking what this story is about...

Also those stampeding people are the zombies.... Duh

Last edited by The Revelator; 03-27-2013 at 09:20 AM.
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #66
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Obviously this won't change any of your opinion's about the look of the movie... but you guys are clearly expecting something from what actually exists.

Its a fictionalized history of a zombie apocalypse from a more hollistic perspective. Government operations, moving people to safe locations in mass numbers, finding a solution to the spreading infection, etc...... Beginning to end. This is the first of a planned trilogy.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #67
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
Yeah, that was my first thought too. Where are the zombies? They seem so focused on making it look epic, they forgot what makes zombie movies work. Who knows though. This is just a trailer, maybe the film will be good.
There was a trailer for this when I went to see Django Unchained (I think) with my Mum and when I told her it was a zombie film she didn't even realise! The zombies don't look too good at all, but I'm ashamed to say that I do quite admire its scale. If I didn't look at this site I'm not sure if I would've known what the film was about either!

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #68
Boilersuit_Mayhem
Rotting Corpse

Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
Also those stampeding people are the zombies.... Duh
Yes, we know that (because we're horror fans... duh ), but the general public doesn't necessarily know that. Try looking at the trailer through the eyes of someone who doesn't know that this story is about zombies. What is it about the trailer that tells you that those people are zombies? Mmm... pretty much nothing, as far as I can see. No biting, no close-ups of zombie-type faces cluing in potential movie-goers that those aren't regular people, they're monsters. All the trailers seem to suggest is that something's going to wipe out the entire human race in next to no time. Maybe Marc Forster's shitty directing is going to make us extinct via the power of its sheer shittiness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorking95 View Post
There was a trailer for this when I went to see Django Unchained (I think) with my Mum and when I told her it was a zombie film she didn't even realise!
Exactly. I wonder how many people have the same reaction. It's not as if everyone in the world has heard of 'World War Z' and, of those who have, even fewer have have read it. I certainly haven't. If I didn't keep up to date with movie news, I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't have a clue what was going on in those trailers. "Big Danger Coming! Brad Pitt Will Save Us All!"
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #69
Agent Panic
Fresh Kill

Agent Panic is not suffering fools lightly.

Did Max Brooks give his blessing to this movie?

Because the trailer looks pretty bad, and I had just finished re-reading the book. I wish it was more based on the actual book. The format would have needed to be tweaked for a movie, but it could have worked if it were more faithful.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #70
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Panic View Post
Did Max Brooks give his blessing to this movie?

Because the trailer looks pretty bad, and I had just finished re-reading the book. I wish it was more based on the actual book. The format would have needed to be tweaked for a movie, but it could have worked if it were more faithful.
They're playing it up for mainstream audiences for sure. It would have to be a fauxumentary to be like the book. Not an easy sell but that would be better.

I think this looks like a pretty epic epidemic/action movie. You guys are too picky.