Asylum Blackout - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Independent Horror

Independent Horror Indie horror films

Old 05-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is beautifully macabre and uncharacteristically psychotic

Default Asylum Blackout

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027820/

Synopsis:

George, Max, and Ricky are in a rock band and waiting for their big breakthrough. Between small gigs and rehearsals they work in the kitchen of a high-security asylum for good pay at minimum risk they have no physical contact with the inmates. One night just before dinnertime, a big storm shuts down the security system, the doors open, and the lunatics break loose. Help is on its way and should soon arrive they just have to survive until it does.

This was a pretty average horror film. It did what it was supposed to do. Mental patients, gore, some creepy moments and an ending you can take in two different directions. Not bad by any means but not fantastic either. I wasn't bored nor did I feel I wasted an hour twenty out of my life. It just lacked that feeling, of dread. C'mon. You're in a darken insane asylum with mental patients...I wanted to be frightened to the bone. I wasn't. The mad patients were mediocre and the staff trapped inside weren't really upset enough for me.

7/10, well it was an insane asylum, my favourite place to be in a horror movie

Wonderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

Despite a script whose premise lacks originality and depth of any kind, I think Asylum Blackout, has good technical finish, which serve as a simple story I would say, it is at least entertaining, but the feeling end .. ... is that could have been much better, come on! ..... we are in a asylum.

I agree with your review Wonder, also a asylum is also my favorite place.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Mogwai
BANNED

Mogwai is three sheets to the wind.

Just watched the widescreen DVD screener, complete with occasional "DO NOT DUPLICATE" watermark, certainly not the ideal way to view any film but the audiovisual quality was adequate so here's my two pence!
It's instantly forgettable, bearly seven hours since I saw it and I'm struggling to recollect it already (although, that may have something to do with spending all afternoon in the pub!), anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, Asylum Blackout, I agree with above that it was sorely lacking in the "dread" factor and suffered from a tension deficit (surely a prerequisite in a lunatics-taking-over-the-asylum-horror-flick), I'd have probably given it a respectable six out of ten but the director had M. Night. Shaymalan syndrome and fucked it up with a nonsensical, surreal and fucking stupid ending, not a twist ending, just a really fucking daft one that forces my hand to award it a paltry 4/10.
I'll have forgotten all about it by tomorrow, but then again, the way I'm having it, I'll have forgotten all about typing this in about an hour anyway!
Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Agent Panic
Fresh Kill

Agent Panic is not suffering fools lightly.

This movie was a blast!

I loved it.. it was definitely tense once the ball started rolling. It was really good.

My only complaint is the ending; it tried too hard to be something else and it should have just stuck with the solid premise it already had. Other than that, definitely recommended!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Have this one in my Netflix queue. Still in the saved section but glad to hear it's soon coming out.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Splat
Fresh Kill

Splat is basking in the goresomeness that is Extreme Horror Cinema!

I was excited to see the DVD cover and the description. But when I read that the 'crazies' didn't act the part all hope was lost for another brilliant film.

W. is right, you would expect something laid out in an insane asylum to be amazing and fucked up. Guess I will give this a miss.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote