The old message board is back, a few notes... - Page 27 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #261
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
I'm probably a little late to the game with this question, but exactly how does the admin system work around here. I know we have admins who post regularly and keep the boards in order such as Breed and Caustic. Do they have any say in what KillRobot does or are they just here to keep things in line? I'm just trying to understand the chain of command a bit better.
All the mods are still here, but KR is focused on the new site. Some of us are admins, but short of some minor modifications, we have no say. KR is the site owner, which gives him higher level powers to make major site changes and updates.

If we are on our own, I hope KR gives a couple of us some added powers, but who knows if it'll happen. I'm hoping we get reincorporated back into the main BD site at some point in some way, but if not, we'll make do.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #262
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
I'm hoping we get reincorporated back into the main BD site at some point in some way, but if not, we'll make do.

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #263
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post

If we are on our own, I hope KR gives a couple of us some added powers, but who knows if it'll happen. I'm hoping we get reincorporated back into the main BD site at some point in some way, but if not, we'll make do.
I doubt this will ever happen, since he is so entagled with his new baby. At least, he should give you mods the admin powers he has for the legacy.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #264
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemetery_Man View Post
BD mods have enough power as it is and they don't need even more power than they already have. If anything they should have less power.
No. You can see that on the NSFW issues, they don't have the power to do changes on their own or better: they don't have the proper understanding of the functionality of some parts of the board.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #265
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

I think one of the issues with handing it over to the mods is that KR still pays for the forum and I would assume that most of us aren't totally familiar with messing around with plug-ins and mods for legacy. It isn't totally difficult to do the basics. I did some random design work on another forum a few years ago, and it takes a little tinkering.

I would be down for someone messing with different aspects of the forum, if KR would allow it. It is a very time consuming challenge! I respect anyone who would want to take that on.

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #266
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
I think one of the issues with handing it over to the mods is that KR still pays for the forum and I would assume that most of us aren't totally familiar with messing around with plug-ins and mods for legacy. It isn't totally difficult to do the basics. I did some random design work on another forum a few years ago, and it takes a little tinkering.

I would be down for someone messing with different aspects of the forum, if KR would allow it. It is a very time consuming challenge! I respect anyone who would want to take that on.
Shed, when I said I think killrobot should give mods more administrative power to change things on Legacy, if need be, you were the ONE I was thinking of...

You, Caustic, and Klown have been around long enough to know what needs to be done and what should be done. I think if KR were to give you administrative powers this board would run SO much smoother and a lot more functional. Hopefully, sooner than later, he gets the hair to let you guys run the board completely, because I'm sure you would make it member friendly with no bull shit.

I know it takes a lot of time and effort to run a message board as big as this one but I have total faith in ya. So *fingers crossed*, someday it'll happen, because I have a few suggestions of my own that I think could really help out and make this board more personal for members.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #267
foreverlost
Fresh Kill

foreverlost is returning some video tapes.

I really missed the old message board. So glad it's back.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #268
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

It's been back for awhile, my man.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #269
Ms.Luornu
Fresh Kill

Ms.Luornu has no status.

have been away ever since the old message board disappeared and all my stats too.... so, so happy that the old board is back.
Kirsty Cotton: No deals, just information, just information!
Pinhead: Go on... but trick us again child, and your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!
Ms.Luornu is offline   Reply With Quote