The old message board is back, a few notes... - Page 25 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Site news and happenings, if somethings going on you'll hear about it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #241
Sycophant
Fresh Kill
 
Sycophant's Avatar
Sycophant has no status.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nephren-Ka drinking with Abdul
Posts: 150
Default

This forum seems to be working ok. Got an error I saw from the new board on the first log in attempt. Worked the second time. Hope the AIDS isn't spreading.
Sycophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #242
Freddy_Lives2
Not Dead Yet
 
Freddy_Lives2's Avatar
Freddy_Lives2 has no status.
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Sorry to be oblivious but I haven't been here in a year or two I can log into my account on the main page but I cannot log in here? I had to create a new name my old account works fine which i've had since 2003 how do I transfer it to the old board ?
Freddy_Lives2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #243
dead breed
Super Moderator
 
dead breed's Avatar
dead breed is fire walk with me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 15,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives2 View Post
Sorry to be oblivious but I haven't been here in a year or two I can log into my account on the main page but I cannot log in here? I had to create a new name my old account works fine which i've had since 2003 how do I transfer it to the old board ?
When you're on the legacy board log in .. It may appear as if you're not logged in at first. So refresh the page and it should show you as logged in.
__________________
dead breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #244
SlayerX
OG Salmon
 
SlayerX's Avatar
SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,006
Default

Just trash the "new" site already. It been many months and it is still nothing but a pile of shit filled to the brim with adds and spam bots. The layout is poor and the message boards dont ever get posted in. BD needs to be restored to its former glory.
__________________


Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #245
dead breed
Super Moderator
 
dead breed's Avatar
dead breed is fire walk with me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 15,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Just trash the "new" site already. It been many months and it is still nothing but a pile of shit filled to the brim with adds and spam bots. The layout is poor and the message boards dont ever get posted in. BD needs to be restored to its former glory.
You'll have to write the higher powers regarding that one. It appears as if it's all about how many views/hits the new site/articles get .. The msg board is pushed to the side.

I'm grateful for legacy tho.
__________________
dead breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #246
SlayerX
OG Salmon
 
SlayerX's Avatar
SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
You'll have to write the higher powers regarding that one. It appears as if it's all about how many views/hits the new site/articles get .. The msg board is pushed to the side.

I'm grateful for legacy tho.
Very understandable. I have no doubt people still frequent the new site but having working message boards would have been nice. Very grateful we got the Legacy boards though.
__________________


Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #247
dead breed
Super Moderator
 
dead breed's Avatar
dead breed is fire walk with me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 15,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Very understandable. I have no doubt people still frequent the new site but having working message boards would have been nice. Very grateful we got the Legacy boards though.
It would be nice to see Legacy the main msg board on BD.
__________________
dead breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #248
zombaddict
BANNED
 
zombaddict's Avatar
zombaddict is Douglas the Caretaker
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
You'll have to write the higher powers regarding that one. It appears as if it's all about how many views/hits the new site/articles get .. The msg board is pushed to the side.
Would they not get more views/hits on their site/articles if they had a working message board that people regularly visited?

Still don't understsand this logic............

It was always the message board/ community that kept me coming to this place. I would have no reason to ever visit otherwise since I got most of my horror news from surfing the boards. (which subsequently brought me to links on articles on BD)


Put it this way....How many of us here contributed to traffic that is no longer going to that site? Now take that number of active users and multiply it by 10 to make up the number of users that were on the boards as wallflowers...........that is a lot of traffic lost due to broken message boards.


Just my 2 cents. But what do I know since I don't run a website, iIm not quite sure of the logistics behind it.
zombaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #249
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power
 
Caustic Coffee's Avatar
Caustic Coffee is the I in team.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 13,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Just trash the "new" site already. It been many months and it is still nothing but a pile of shit filled to the brim with adds and spam bots. The layout is poor and the message boards dont ever get posted in. BD needs to be restored to its former glory.
My hope is that they just carve out the message boards part of the new board and retro fit this V-bulletin board into the larger layout they have going. It's not as hard as it seems, since I did it with my school library site and it mainly involves embedding. It won't have the facebook feel they must have been interested in, but it would be far more functional and as you can see, we have the support of the members. The old website didn't have a lot of interactivity between the front page and the message boards, so not much would be lost anyway.

It seems to have more do with traffic, but I hope the powers that be realize they can get the traffic with the front page and still have the message boards this place was known for by reincorporating the Legacy format inside the new design. New members will always want a high traffic message board to discuss their opinions. This seems like an easy win win decision.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #250
dead breed
Super Moderator
 
dead breed's Avatar
dead breed is fire walk with me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 15,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
My hope is that they just carve out the message boards part of the new board and retro fit this V-bulletin board into the larger layout they have going. It's not as hard as it seems, since I did it with my school library site and it mainly involves embedding. It won't have the facebook feel they must have been interested in, but it would be far more functional and as you can see, we have the support of the members. The old website didn't have a lot of interactivity between the front page and the message boards, so not much would be lost anyway.

It seems to have more do with traffic, but I hope the powers that be realize they can get the traffic with the front page and still have the message boards this place was known for by reincorporating the Legacy format inside the new design. New members will always want a high traffic message board to discuss their opinions. This seems like an easy win win decision.

__________________
dead breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC