Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #12791
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Rental it is. I need something to keep me busy during the two weeks before AC3 releases.
I'd go with rental. ANd two weeks? I've finished it twice in 4 days I think. And I have 8 achievements to get. It's just a matter of if I'll get them or not.

It's a great game, I love every second of it, I just don't know why they made it so short. 9 missions.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #12792
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I'd go with rental. ANd two weeks? I've finished it twice in 4 days I think. And I have 8 achievements to get. It's just a matter of if I'll get them or not.

It's a great game, I love every second of it, I just don't know why they made it so short. 9 missions.
Youre right about it being short. Unless missions get longer, I just took care of the Pendelton brothers (which was mission 3 I think) and Ive only played for around 2.5 hours basically making this a 7.5 hour game total. Im also really taking my time since my first run through the game Im going for 0 kills, 0 detection and 0 upgrades so its non stop sneaking around.

The game has some issues but Im digging it so far. I like the art style (looks like a faded water color painting) but who the hell designed the textures for the game though? They are pretty non-existant taking away a lot of the immersion. Controlls are hit and miss. Blinking to ledges sometimes dosent want to work properly and the "lean" mechanic should be multi-directional and not simply side to side.

Overall it is a solid rental though and Ill probably pick the game up at a price drop. It reminds me of BioShock in many ways but not nearly as good in any aspect.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Last edited by SlayerX; 10-18-2012 at 06:33 AM.
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #12793
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
Youre right about it being short. Unless missions get longer, I just took care of the Pendelton brothers (which was mission 3 I think) and Ive only played for around 2.5 hours basically making this a 7.5 hour game total. Im also really taking my time since my first run through the game Im going for 0 kills, 0 detection and 0 upgrades so its non stop sneaking around.

The game has some issues but Im digging it so far. I like the art style (looks like a faded water color painting) but who the hell designed the textures for the game though? They are pretty non-existant taking away a lot of the immersion. Controlls are hit and miss. Blinking to ledges sometimes dosent want to work properly and the "lean" mechanic should be multi-directional and not simply side to side.

Overall it is a solid rental though and Ill probably pick the game up at a price drop. It reminds me of BioShock in many ways but not nearly as good in any aspect.
It's easily short, my second run through I did what you're doing, and I still finished it quickly, granted I played through once already. But the missions don't really get any longer, they get a bit more complex with security systems and such but nothing too hard.

It does have a BioShock feel at times, but I think it has more reply value, mostly due to its length. A cool thing about it, whether you take the 'good' or 'evil' route completely changes the final mission. From the weather, to what happens during the entire thing. I was shocked, it was pretty cool.

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 10-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #12794
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Quote:
It's easily short, my second run through I did what you're doing, and I still finished it quickly, granted I played through once already. But the missions don't really get any longer, they get a bit more complex with security systems and such but nothing too hard.

It does have a BioShock feel at times, but I think it has more reply value, mostly due to its length. A cool thing about it, whether you take the 'good' or 'evil' route completely changes the final mission. From the weather, to what happens during the entire thing. I was shocked, it was pretty cool.
Cool. Since Im doing pure stealth now, it a low choas playthrough. For my next one, Im just going to slaughter all hostiles though. Should be a lot more fun.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #12795
Oxley

Ninja Gaiden 3 has some of the cheapest cop out shit in video game history, it's infuriation.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 10-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #12796
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Quote:
Ninja Gaiden 3 has some of the cheapest cop out shit in video game history, it's infuriation.
Heard that game is brutally bad.

Redboxed Resident Evil 6 and couldn't even get a chapter for anyone completed. Turns out whatever jackass had the game last their X-Box laser inside the disc drive burned a scratch on the top rendering it practically unplayable. Didn't really notice it too much at first but the backside was just as bad with all the scratches on it..

Took it back and called Rexbox HQ and they gave me some promo codes so I rented Amazing Spider-Man and am having a fun time with that so far. Web slinging is awesome and the web rush system is neat, do wish Spidey's counter button worked better but think I'm close to beating it story wise.

Anyone ever played Costume Quest? Pretty fun game and put me in the spirit of Halloween and it's a easy game to boot.
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #12797
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginobili View Post
Heard that game is brutally bad.
It's easily the worst of the three new titles. It's a lot different from the other two and half as fun.

it's just filled with cheap kills. The other two were challenging, and made you feel accomplished after defeating 3 or so enemies, because you had to use your head and think. In this though there is none of that, and instead of making interesting enemy battles they just flood you with basic creatures and you just get overwhelmed. Once you clear an area you move forward and it's pretty much repeat.

There is no exploring, item gathering, upgrading, or even no other weapons apart from the Dragon Sword. Despite some cool characters the game doesn't have a lot going for it compared to 1 and 2.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #12798
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is smoking French Tobacco

went on a gaming binge for about 2 weeks.

First up was Double Dragon Neon. Completely redone, remastered levels, new (awesome) soundtrack, and updated graphics. Fun gameplay, with an upgrade system. Still reminiscent of oldschool beat 'em ups. 8/10

Darksiders II - love this game. Excellent combat, more complex, and satisfying than God of War, Exploration and puzzle solving that rival a Zelda game, and some decent, colorful graphics. Loot based action rpg it is. Not a bad story either, but the other mechanics outshine it. May be a problem for some, but I know I put 10 hours in the game, and I'm only 25% done with it so far. 8.5/10

Borderlands 2 - Didn't play the first. Got totally hooked on this game from just watching trailers. Glad I purchased it. Fluid controls, nice cel shaded graphics, Excellent writing, with some hilarious characters, and moments. Fun exploration, lots of pop culture reference easter eggs. I have only played it co-op. The world is absolutely huge, I feel I may get a lil' bored if I played by myself. 9/10

Fifa 13 - Hooked. Buddy of mine bought it, and as soon as we played, I knew I had to buy it as well. 11v11 online is cool, but they should make everyone play on "any" instead of giving the option to hog the best players to yourself. Skill challenges are fun, and addicting. Gameplay is smooth, and learning how to dribble, and create breakaways is simply fun. 9/10

Next up, maybe Hitman: Absolution, and NBA2K13
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #12799
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post

Darksiders II - love this game. Excellent combat, more complex, and satisfying than God of War, Exploration and puzzle solving that rival a Zelda game, and some decent, colorful graphics. Loot based action rpg it is. Not a bad story either, but the other mechanics outshine it. May be a problem for some, but I know I put 10 hours in the game, and I'm only 25% done with it so far. 8.5/10
Great game, loved every second of it. That double Dragon remastered thing looks pretty sick too.

DOOM 3 BFG Edition. It doesn't look like it's overly improved. The game just feels overall dated. I'm not having as much fun as I thought I would (I'm a huge fan of DOOM, and LOVED 3 back in the day) now it just feels weird. I very rarely play through a game more than once so that might be factor as well.

Hopefully I start having more fun once I get into it a bit more, I am looking forward to RoE as I never was able to get it back on Xbox, and The Lost Missions should be cool.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #12800
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is smoking French Tobacco

Quote:
Great game, loved every second of it. That double Dragon remastered thing looks pretty sick too.

DOOM 3 BFG Edition. It doesn't look like it's overly improved. The game just feels overall dated. I'm not having as much fun as I thought I would (I'm a huge fan of DOOM, and LOVED 3 back in the day) now it just feels weird. I very rarely play through a game more than once so that might be factor as well.

Hopefully I start having more fun once I get into it a bit more, I am looking forward to RoE as I never was able to get it back on Xbox, and The Lost Missions should be cool.
cool man. If you like beat em ups, I'd check out Double Dragon. It's only 10 bucks, and has a decent amount of replay value.

I remember playing doom back on xbox, and loving the game. Never been fan though.