2012 BD Spring Horror Write-Off Discussion Thread Pt2. - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

View Poll Results: What theme would you most like to write about?
Bad Blood - Bad Families 3 33.33%
Below the Surface 2 22.22%
Things that should not be 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #21
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
So far it looks like Below The Surface, a bit of a challenge,but I like that!
We'll go with two themes to choose from like we did before, but with the votes as they are, I think we'd best to restart the poll without any of the 1 vote choices and then see how the votes play out.

Glancing over at the calender, if I do that on the 21st, that should give peeps a good chunk of time to re-vote.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #22
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
We'll go with two themes to choose from like we did before, but with the votes as they are, I think we'd best to restart the poll without any of the 1 vote choices and then see how the votes play out.

Glancing over at the calender, if I do that on the 21st, that should give peeps a good chunk of time to re-vote.
Yeah i think 2 themes worked out well last year (god its been a year?) And i certainly love voting for shit!

Quote:
So far it looks like Below The Surface, a bit of a challenge,but I like that!
I voted for Below the surface and i agree its sort of difficult. Ive been turning over ideas in my mind for for a couple days. I just cant seem to find anything i like in there.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post

Well, I'm quite happy to ditch Over The Top since I was the one that voted for it. I could still integrate into any of the others quite easily.

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5
Erebus Dirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Erebus Dirge is dressing up his turds like barbie dolls with thedead flayed skins of his enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post
Yeah i think 2 themes worked out well last year (god its been a year?) And i certainly love voting for shit!

I voted for Below the surface and i agree its sort of difficult. Ive been turning over ideas in my mind for for a couple days. I just cant seem to find anything i like in there.

I was thinking about that today, and I think I got two workable ideas for it. Both are pretty left field, one I would definitely go for. The other is just a brain fart, and only falls very loosely into horror.

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Last edited by Erebus Dirge; 03-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
prettyscary
Wererabbit

prettyscary is too jittery for more coffee, so shes only having one more cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post

I love polls; I feel like my opinion means something!! I voted for Hunter/hunted, but I'm really warming up to Below the Surface.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #26
horror_movie_girl
It... Won't... Die...

horror_movie_girl is checking into Arkham Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to horror_movie_girl

I voted for bad families....although I keep getting visions of the Hills Have Eyes

My Pet Zombie Hates Your Guts But Loves Your Brain!!

Special Thanks to H.P. Pufncraft for making you want to click on my brain!!

My Horror Musings with a Psychotic Twist
Welcome to the Asylum: You Know You're Certifiable
horror_movie_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #27
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

I've started writing already based on Below The Surface, though it fits also into Hunter/Hunted, Bad Blood and maybe over the top. You could even argue Slasher fits in there somewhere too. I'm quite happy with it so far. Different,unexpected. Using a classic as the basis with a different take and perspective.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #28
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
I voted for bad families....although I keep getting visions of the Hills Have Eyes
Not necessarily a bad thing, I mean you could spin it on it's head and have a community of civilized suburban cannibals, who don't hunt their meat but goes to the deli/supermarket to get it. They can't eat the meat while it still got the eyes, and it's looking at you. It needs to be prepared. Or they could be extremely elitist, and go after only certain "types", like someone shopping in an expensive supermarket. They need to feel they have a kind of status. There could be some kind of cannibalistic snobbery going on...

Last edited by Erebus Dirge; 03-14-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #29
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by horror_movie_girl View Post
Quote:
I've started writing already based on Below The Surface, though it fits also into Hunter/Hunted, Bad Blood and maybe over the top. You could even argue Slasher fits in there somewhere too. I'm quite happy with it so far. Different,unexpected. Using a classic as the basis with a different take and perspective.
I voted for below the surface, but i have an idea i like for bad blood.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #30
Erebus Dirge
Rotting Corpse

Okay just completed a story, based on Below The Surface.
My Day-Off, today.Took me a couple of hours, got the idea in my head last night and decided run with it today.
Total 1,750 words. Is that too little? If so then I could probally pad it out. Needs some tightening up here and there, but overall, I'm quite happy with it. If something else gets chosen then I'll just post it in DEMENTIONS instead. I thought I would get started early as I'm getting married in the next two weeks and wont have time then.

Last edited by Erebus Dirge; 03-14-2012 at 11:39 AM.