Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006) - Page 34 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 10-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #331
xAthenAx
The Living Dead

xAthenAx has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureevilmatt
SPOILER:

I might be giving this movie too much credit, considering how much I hated the first remake.... but I don't think him getting to the car first and into the back seat was all that unbelievable. He simply outsmarted the chick. It just goes to prove what hoyt said earlier "he isn't retarded". I actually thought it was extremely well done... taking a classic horror cliche like that, and having me not see it coming at all takes skill. As for the chainsaw starting so quickly... yeah, thats a little suspect. But overall, I thought the ending was great.
You, my friend, sound like you have never gotten laid in a back seat. There's a reason only desperate teenagers do that shit...It's hard to fit!

Other than that, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I can't see how a guy that big could fit back there and not reasonably be noticed. But hey, in Hollywood, anything's possible.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #332
pureevilmatt
Fresh Kill

pureevilmatt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAthenAx
You, my friend, sound like you have never gotten laid in a back seat. There's a reason only desperate teenagers do that shit...It's hard to fit!

Other than that, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I can't see how a guy that big could fit back there and not reasonably be noticed. But hey, in Hollywood, anything's possible.
I dunno... those classic cars are pretty fucking roomy. But no... never been laid in the back seat of a car. Front seat... that's another story. If I was a car guy, I might have paid attention to the make and model, and I'd pull up exact square footage of the back seat... but I'm not, and I can't, so I won't.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #333
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

tickets = $6 matinee, $8 any other show
Old 10-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #334
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureevilmatt
I dunno... those classic cars are pretty fucking roomy. But no... never been laid in the back seat of a car. Front seat... that's another story. If I was a car guy, I might have paid attention to the make and model, and I'd pull up exact square footage of the back seat... but I'm not, and I can't, so I won't.
The front seat is a lot more comfortable anyway. You got the adjustable seat, headrest.....anyways...

The ending is bad, for the simple reason that it's lazy. Just picture the guys in a room trying to figure that out.

"Uhmmmm, how are gonna end this thing?"

"I guess we could put him in the backseat, and then it's like SURPRISE!"

"Yeah, that works for me. Who wants Chinese food?."

See what I mean.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #335
lady spiral
The Living Dead

lady spiral is dancing on rotting corpses...

Another thing that upset me was...hadnt he already "killed the entire goddamn sheriffs department"? Were those supposed to be state guys or some shit they mowed into?

The point Im trying to make...no matter how shit-hole of a town it is, police are going to come looking...especially for their own, ya know?

I also hate the fact they still "claim" during commentary that it really happened. Anyone with 1/4 of a brain knows that it didnt. Based on Ed Gein, eh? How you figure?

I guess Im just still annoyed that theyve once again taken something scary, classic, and original and turned it into laughable garbage. No, its nothing new, nor do I feel this is my first realization of it...just brought it to the surface again.
lady spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #336
N2NOther
BANNED

N2NOther has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Come to think of it, this WAS a terrible movie. I'll give it some points for acting and SP effects.

3/10.
My God, can't you just enjoy a movie? (translation: Shut the fuck up next time)
N2NOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #337
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
I also hate the fact they still "claim" during commentary that it really happened. Anyone with 1/4 of a brain knows that it didnt. Based on Ed Gein, eh? How you figure?
It's sad how many people come up and ask me if it's true. In the remake, sure, go for the whole "true story" angle, just like the original.

Now though, it just seems absurd. If anyone thinks that there is a "chainsaw massacre" that happened in Texas, that the authorities managed to sweep under the rug, they are just as stupid as the last victim in TCM:TB.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #338
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NOther
My God, can't you just enjoy a movie? (translation: Shut the fuck up next time)
My God, how did you even think that this movie was decent? My God....

Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #339
HerbMan X
Not Dead Yet

HerbMan X has no status.

Send a message via AIM to HerbMan X Send a message via MSN to HerbMan X

The movie was ok, I expected it to be better from all the reviews I read on here before I saw it. Don't know if I'm the only one who likes the remake better. By "The Beginning" I thought they were going to show how LeatherFace grew up into a serial killer but they didn't. They just showed him as a baby then rushed the whole story into killings and shit. The directing was okay nice and dark but somtimes the cuts in the killing scenes went by so fast that I couldn't really tell what was happening. I feel like the movie didn't really focus on LeatherFace much as they should have. I think the 03' remake was scarier too...

The movie wasn't what I expected but I appreciate seeing leatherface and his chainsaw (and the cool sheriff) again so I'll rate this movie a.. 6.5/10
HerbMan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #340
SkInWaLkEr
I Eat Brains!

SkInWaLkEr has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to SkInWaLkEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbMan X
The movie was ok, I expected it to be better from all the reviews I read on here before I saw it. Don't know if I'm the only one who likes the remake better. By "The Beginning" I thought they were going to show how LeatherFace grew up into a serial killer but they didn't. They just showed him as a baby then rushed the whole story into killings and shit. The directing was okay nice and dark but somtimes the cuts in the killing scenes went by so fast that I couldn't really tell what was happening. I feel like the movie didn't really focus on LeatherFace much as they should have. I think the 03' remake was scarier too...

The movie wasn't what I expected but I appreciate seeing leatherface and his chainsaw (and the cool sheriff) again so I'll rate this movie a.. 6.5/10
i'm agreeing with pretty much all you say. the kill scenes were definately rushed and i felt like quite a bit was cut away from during the killing. still a fun time and pretty gory. hopefully an unrated dvd will come our way. giving it a 7.5/10
SkInWaLkEr is offline   Reply With Quote