Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006) - Page 124 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 01-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #1231
PsychoKidVicious
Fresh Kill

PsychoKidVicious is witnessing the strength of street power

Send a message via MSN to PsychoKidVicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
@PsychoKidVicious It felt real for me as well, and it felt like something that could really happen. There are people out there who are incredibly twisted, and you can bet your ass that eventually one day a similar event will happen in reality. I'm not saying I want it to happen, but with there seemingly being more sadistic bastards popping up daily, it's almost guaranteed.
Interesting how you state that threre are more sadistic bastards popping up every day. What interested me about Hoyt is his progression into sociopathy. First he murdered the cop only to protect Tommy from harm. Then he decided to kidnap at random innocent travellers, but for the 'noble' reason of feeding his family. Then he obviously took a fancy to Diora Baird's character and crossed the line into becoming a rapist. Then he encouraged Tommy to murder someone with a chainsaw and before long everything he does is purely for sadistic reasons, and his original 'intention' is seemingly lost. I found his own perverse delcine into total psychopathy quite frightening, because it all happened in a few hours and though he was obviously disturbed previously, it made me think of how easily some people can fall into psychological disturbance.

Jack The Ripper
PsychoKidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:06 AM   #1232
BoOMST1CK
The Living Dead

BoOMST1CK is enjoying a DAMN fine cup of coffee!

Only seen this once, but I did enjoy it, gonna have to buy it.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 AM   #1233
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoKidVicious View Post
Interesting how you state that threre are more sadistic bastards popping up every day. What interested me about Hoyt is his progression into sociopathy. First he murdered the cop only to protect Tommy from harm. Then he decided to kidnap at random innocent travellers, but for the 'noble' reason of feeding his family. Then he obviously took a fancy to Diora Baird's character and crossed the line into becoming a rapist. Then he encouraged Tommy to murder someone with a chainsaw and before long everything he does is purely for sadistic reasons, and his original 'intention' is seemingly lost. I found his own perverse delcine into total psychopathy quite frightening, because it all happened in a few hours and though he was obviously disturbed previously, it made me think of how easily some people can fall into psychological disturbance.
I agree with that assessment, and I think that Hoyt may have had a desire to kill long before these events, and may have actually carried out murder in some form in the past, but now he's more open about it, and he's much more twisted as a result of killing more people and torturing more people.

And speaking of Diora Baird's character, do you think that at some point in time he actually raped her? It's never implied he did, and all he did was touch her breast, but this is something I've recently started wondering about.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #1234
PsychoKidVicious
Fresh Kill

Quote:
And speaking of Diora Baird's character, do you think that at some point in time he actually raped her? It's never implied he did, and all he did was touch her breast, but this is something I've recently started wondering about.
Well, the way I saw it, he climbed ontop of her as she was totally helpless, groped her and leered into her ear that he loved her before the scene cut away to a shot of the house and her screaming. I'm pretty sure he raped her. It was at least strongly suggested. I felt that during the car-crash scene he took a definite liking to her and was suddenly very glad to be alone with her. Also, his punching her teeth out suggested he'd sexually assaulted her in, ahem, varying ways. Lets face it, the guy was so fucking demented by that point that nothing really mattered to him, and she was just a piece of very attractive meat to him. Not the first time rape has been a feature of Texas Chainsaw btw- Leatherfaces daughter was the product of rape in TCM III.

Jack The Ripper
Old 01-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #1235
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Right, right, I forgot about her screaming as they showed the house in full view, and with that, I, too, would say he more than likely raped her. The guy is as depraved as they come, but Jessica Biel's character [Erin] put an end to all that.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #1236
PsychoKidVicious
Fresh Kill

Quote:
The guy is as depraved as they come, but Jessica Biel's character [Erin] put an end to all that.

Y'know, I hate the ending of TCM remake now. Hoyt was so sociopathically cunning in the prequel, I just can't see him being tricked like that. The Hoyt shown in the prequel would never have let Erin get the better of him. He knew that Dean was lying about being a Nam vet right off the bat, just by intuition, Maybe by the remake his mind had degenerated so badly he wasn't as sharp. He did look alot more dishevelled and schitzophrenic in the remake, and mental illness is degenerative.

Jack The Ripper
Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #1237
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

I don't think it was that so much as it was that he wasn't expecting Erin to try to kill him. I think he expected her to try to escape, not fight back.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #1238
Severn
It... Won't... Die...

Severn is thinking he would go back in time and nail Deborah Harry.

Send a message via AIM to Severn Send a message via MSN to Severn Send a message via Yahoo to Severn

I enjoyed both modern TCM movies. I dug the remake and is to me the best franchise remake I've seen (including F13 and Halloween. It remains to be seen if it's better than the NOES remake).

- Frankenstein's Monster.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #1239
Grim Reaper Roper
The Living Dead

Grim Reaper Roper is drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoKidVicious View Post
Interesting how you state that threre are more sadistic bastards popping up every day. What interested me about Hoyt is his progression into sociopathy. First he murdered the cop only to protect Tommy from harm. Then he decided to kidnap at random innocent travellers, but for the 'noble' reason of feeding his family. Then he obviously took a fancy to Diora Baird's character and crossed the line into becoming a rapist. Then he encouraged Tommy to murder someone with a chainsaw and before long everything he does is purely for sadistic reasons, and his original 'intention' is seemingly lost. I found his own perverse delcine into total psychopathy quite frightening, because it all happened in a few hours and though he was obviously disturbed previously, it made me think of how easily some people can fall into psychoe logical disturbance.

Nice points, I agree. Hoyt is the star of the remake and prequel
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #1240
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

This is definitely my favorite of the remakes next to part III (leatherface)