The Taint (2010) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Independent Horror

Independent Horror Indie horror films

Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
romanthemysterian
Fresh Kill

romanthemysterian has no status.

Default The Taint (2010)

Didn't see a thread for this movie so I thought I'd make one.

I absolutely love this movie. It's got great gore, an awesome soundtrack, hammy acting, and crazy dialogue. It just got picked up for distribution by Troma, but I think it's better than most of the Troma movies I've seen. Anyone else seen it/have an opinion on it?

Plot Synopsis:
"The water is tainted. The Taint poisons the minds of men. It turns them into raging misogynists: monsters who want nothing more than to crush women's heads with rocks (or other objects). When society is transformed into a land of sadistic violence and horrible brutality, it is up to Phil O'Ginny and his hot friend, Misandra, to combat the horrible evil that is The Taint. Can they survive a world brimming with castration and endless head crushing?!"

Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Grimm24
Fresh Kill

Grimm24 is in his own world that you dont fit in

Havent seen it but it looks AWSOME!!!

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

Grimm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is behind the wall of sleep

I have this film but pushed it back down my list. Great gore you say? hmmmmmmmm..
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
romanthemysterian
Fresh Kill

romanthemysterian has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
I have this film but pushed it back down my list. Great gore you say? hmmmmmmmm..
Yes! There are multiple head crushings, face rippings, and dick explosions. You should definitely give it a watch. It's only about 70 minutes long. Just be prepared for silliness and some utter bizarreness.

The commentary track is a pretty fun listen as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanthemysterian View Post
Didn't see a thread for this movie so I thought I'd make one.

I absolutely love this movie. It's got great gore, an awesome soundtrack, hammy acting, and crazy dialogue. It just got picked up for distribution by Troma, but I think it's better than most of the Troma movies I've seen. Anyone else seen it/have an opinion on it?

Plot Synopsis:
"The water is tainted. The Taint poisons the minds of men. It turns them into raging misogynists: monsters who want nothing more than to crush women's heads with rocks (or other objects). When society is transformed into a land of sadistic violence and horrible brutality, it is up to Phil O'Ginny and his hot friend, Misandra, to combat the horrible evil that is The Taint. Can they survive a world brimming with castration and endless head crushing?!"

This movie was fucking awesome! I gotta admit it holds a special place in my heart. The makers are VA guys. It's made 20 mins from where I live, in Richmond, and they're headquarters are just a 5 minute walk away from my job. Can't believe I'm just seeing this though. I only recently remembered someone mentioning this to me on the board a while ago.

Pure schlock, with in-your-face commentary a la Poultrygeist. You can definitely see why Troma picked this film up when comparing the two. Gruesome practical effects, at times, for a low budget flick, like Murder Party. Hilarious sexual perversion, reminiscent of Eternal Evil of Asia. All to a bangin' electro score.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
WayOfTheHammer
Fresh Kill

WayOfTheHammer is pressing the refresh button far too often.

This movie is sitting their for me to grab, I have a tonne to watch but I believe this has just gone up my list of 'to watch'.
WayOfTheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheHammer View Post
This movie is sitting their for me to grab, I have a tonne to watch but I believe this has just gone up my list of 'to watch'.

Def. give it a shot man. If you like any of the other Troma movies, you'll get a kick outta this.

Tags
splatter, taint, troma