House Of Wax (2005) - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #21
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

I thought it was one of the best horror films I watched last year. It had a good buildup and so what if it has Paris Hilton she gets whats coming to her in it. But other than that I found it to be a pretty good movie.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #22
mrbishop77
The Living Dead

mrbishop77 is slumming

This movie was an absolute pile of shit. The only scene worth seeing is Paris's head sliding down on the pole...who cares I didn't use spoiler warning...I am actually helping those that haven't seen it from wasting HOW's total watching time.

2/10
The Ultimate BD Quote Thread
mrbishop77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:15 PM   #23
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbishop77
This movie was an absolute pile of shit. The only scene worth seeing is Paris's head sliding down on the pole...who cares I didn't use spoiler warning...I am actually helping those that haven't seen it from wasting HOW's total watching time.

2/10
To me that was the most overrated kill in any movie i've ever seen. If you ask me the bf getting it was the worse. All it is is the TCM remake which I won't even call that a remake but with a house made of wax and preppy kids getting whats coming to them in the end.
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #24
brain dead
It... Won't... Die...

brain dead is dancing to the pipes of pan

Quote:

2/10
Man, that head sliding down the pole scene was pretty gross. The way it was shot in that nightvision was also not cool.
Oh, wait. That was another pole scene.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #25
punk
Fresh Kill

punk has no status.

Are you guyz kidding me?

I saw the original and let me tell you that the only way you can say it was good is if you grown at that time.

Gross the original is B-O-R-I-N-G.

Eurrghhh.....(I hate when people say "the original is better" and then I kill a few hours of my life watching a movie made in 1600 bc just to be bored as hell!)

For those who say Ringu is better then the Ring....ewwwwwwww gross!

Anyways.

H.O.W. was pretty fun to watch and had nice tension to it.
I have the dvd and love it.

Its has more gore then that overrated shit called Wolf Creek rated 16+....
punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:50 PM   #26
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Send a message via MSN to CJ_01976

Quote:
The only scene worth seeing is Paris's head sliding down on the pole...
And that looked fake as hell too.
CJ_01976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #27
bigtuna
Fresh Kill

bigtuna has no status.

my parents rented it and i turned away from the computer to watch the finger clipping scene. that was pretty cool, but the rest of the movie still sounds terrible
bigtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #28
dub_fierce
Fresh Kill

dub_fierce has no status.

nobody has really said anything to support their opinions so far, so whats the point? like the guy who declared that "it sucked, but Paris was hot." Im putting you in the crowd that loves Andre the Butcher and hates Silent Hill.

As for HOW, the talent that was invested into the production alone is enough to keep it from "sucking."

The entire town that the movie takes place in was built from scratch, not just the Museum made out of wax. The "wax" used to create the wax house and the props in the house, like the bed at the climax, are made of 100% wax.

To see that actually captured on film with the way they kept the authenticity of an actual wax house has never even been done before. How are you gonna bash that?

Oh and CJ_01976's comment about Paris being a better actor than Elisha makes me glad that he has spammed this board with 3,861 of his other posts.

As for the bad aspects of the movie, the trendy use of HandyCam POV shots was a bad idea. I could have done without the character development (first quarter of the movie) and thought that the plotline leading them to the town could have been infinitely better or it should have been skipped altogether. Why put so much work into the town and not base the entire movie around it? I would like the movie so much more if they had expanded the story to center only around the town, with maybe a 10 minute intro as to how everyone got there.

So, maybe put a little more thought into what youre watched before posting that "the movie sucks even though it had cool sfx and paris was hot".

EDIT: Sorry, CJ, for the subtle stab in the rib cage there ole chap, but your comment deserves the retalliation.

Last edited by dub_fierce; 05-04-2006 at 09:12 PM.
dub_fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #29
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_fierce
and CJ_01976's comment about Paris being a better actor than Elisha makes me glad that he has spammed this board with 3,861 of his other posts.
Hey, I think Cuthbert is a very good actor but she seemed to zone out in that film. She was just flat in that movie, and that really disappionted me. She could have easily been the film's strong point but she acted like she was bored. I do not in a million years think Hilton will ever be a better actor than her, but in that film she seemed to do a better job than the rest. And with that "One Tree Hill" guy being so crappy and annoying too, only Hilton shined (and she's just a marketing gimmick). And that just sucks beyond belief.

Last edited by CJ_01976; 05-04-2006 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #30
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub_fierce
As for HOW, the talent that was invested into the production alone is enough to keep it from "sucking."
No amount of good actors or good directors can overcome a bad script.