Stage Fright - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:33 PM   #11
slasherman
Rotting Corpse

slasherman is Ruler of the Universe

worth a look...but do not expect a masterpiece...killers mask is cool though
Old 04-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
mike1013
Fresh Kill

mike1013 has no status.

I just received StageFright in the mail yesterday from a honorable B-D member. I will watch it tonight.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:06 AM   #13
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Horrorholic has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Horrorholic

I ended up going back and picking it up from MovieStop. It wasn't that bad. Now, if my Planet of the Apes Cornelius head set would hurry up and get here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel corpse 666
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007
Old 04-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #14
krugerkid13
Fresh Kill

krugerkid13 is upset he did'nt go with a more timeless screen name

love stagefright great slasher flick
3. Boogeyman Will Get You
4. Tenebre
5. Curse of Frankenstein
6. Dawn of the Dead
7. Dead Alive
8. Man Bites Dog
9. Body Snatcher
10. Twins of Evil
Old 04-21-2006, 01:19 AM   #15
suckmybrainsout
Not Dead Yet

suckmybrainsout has no status.

Send a message via MSN to suckmybrainsout

It's great - has everything a true slasher should have - great atmosphere, great setting, a truly deranged killer, disturbing gore ( the body in the hole, sawn in half ! ), enjoyable chase scenes, haunting imagery- ( the feathers blowing around the stage as the killer sits there ) - gotta love it !
Old 04-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #16
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Hilti De-walt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorholic
I saw this movie on the shelf the other day and was wondering if anyone had seen it. Michele Soavi directed it, which proves promising since he directed Cemetery Man and The Church (Both of which are good). It was $5 for a used copy, but I felt kinda iffy on it.
I have a region 2 Cemetary Man DVD, and picked up StageFright yeterday at a video store in Manhattan and the reason I picked it up was based on a job well done with Cemtary Man. They had the Church but I will wait till next time to pick it up, the reason I really didnt was because Im not big into Argento, but I think I will give it a shot especially for $7.99, cant go wrong.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #17
RepulsiveRay
Fresh Kill

RepulsiveRay has no status.

Strage Fright is a good slasher. I just love the brutality the killer uses when killing a victim. No mercy and no remorse. The killings were creative and gory. The setting for this slasher was original. How many slashers have you seen that took place at a theater for musical plays? The scene were the killer is on stage with all his victims and hes just sitting there is very haunting.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #18
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

I just finished watching STAGE FRIGHT, and to be honest this is an awesome Slasher film.

IMO very under rated and deserves mentions among alot the good slasher films. The kills are quit graffic and brutal, the killer is pretty creepy along with the mask which is exclellnt.

i dont know how come this film is never mentioned, but from now on I will make sure I reccomend this film, i think its a very good slasher one of the better ones out thereand deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Black Christmas, Maniac, Halloween, Henry: POASK The Burning ,maybe not as great as all those but not very far behind very close iMO, as the poster above me mentioned it has some creepy moments which alot of films fail terribly at doing.
make sure if you do get it get the UNCUT< UNCENSORED< UNRATD version its pretty graffic and well done.

I rate it 4*'s out of 5, I enjoyed this movie alot.Definitly worth the $15 I paid for it.

Last edited by Hilti De-walt; 04-23-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #19
Horrorholic
I Eat Brains!

Horrorholic has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Horrorholic

I don't mean this in a bad way to anyone who said this comment about the film, but, how are the killings graphic and/or brutal? I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but, I didn't think there was anything extremely graphic or brutal about it. It just had that nice Italian-horror ring to it (And, seeing as it is Italian, it would have that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel corpse 666
ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
+26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007
Old 04-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #20
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorholic
I don't mean this in a bad way to anyone who said this comment about the film, but, how are the killings graphic and/or brutal? I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but, I didn't think there was anything extremely graphic or brutal about it. It just had that nice Italian-horror ring to it (And, seeing as it is Italian, it would have that).
the meaning of the word Brutal:

bru·tal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (brtl)
adj.
Extremely ruthless or cruel.
Crude or unfeeling in manner or speech.
Harsh; unrelenting: a brutal winter in the Arctic.
Disagreeably precise or penetrating: spoke with brutal honesty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well why dont you grow up and just quote my thread instead of playing these little childs games. I dont know who said it but some one Alsi never stated it to be as you say "EXTREMELY GRAFFIC" but i did say "GRAFFIC"

So now I will explain in simple child terms what was brutal about the film for the slower people out there, I dont mean this to anyone imparticualr.:confused:

Anyway Brutal, I consider a Pitch Fork to the face BRUTAL, I consider and Drill going through soome ones body BRUTAL, people getting decapitated BRUTAL, getting stabbed to death BRUTAL.

Now as for the graffic the film was pretty graffic but I guess the pitch fork scene was not graffic, neither was the drill through the body, or the guy getting his arm taken off by a chainsaw, or the Axe to the head, or the women in the shower getting stabbed to death or sliced up which ever it was.

So I guess this film is full of puppy dogs and love birds, sorry to anynone who took my advice that this is a violent film, its not, I lied its about on the same level as the Care Bears maybe softer.

Last edited by Hilti De-walt; 04-26-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Closed Thread