The Rock/Heavy Metal News/Discussion Thread. - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #11
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Dreamkiller666 is In The Land Of The Metal God's

Default Wtf!!

I remember when i first read this totally disrspectful piece of shit from the doors web site:

Jim Morrison shares the mic with... Snoop Dogg? Believe it. Snoop and The Doors' new version of "Riders on the Storm"--the lead track on EA's Need for Speed Underground 2 videogame, in stores Nov. 16--features new musical contributions from The Doors' Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger and John Densmore, as well as the original master featuring Jim Morrison's vocals. It's called "Riders On The Storm (FredWreck Remix)" - check out an excerpt by clicking HERE! Snoop performed the track at the Need for Speed launch party, now airing on SpikeTV (dates and times at the link).

man i remember how pissed i was when i first read that, i wanted to fucking kill snoop dick....he has no business and is not even on the same level as the Doors. The Doors and rock music is like a 30ft tall dragon....snoop and rap is like a tick on The ass of the Doors or Rock/metal music becuase they keep trying to blend in with the good music (rock/Metal) but it ain't gonna happen casue rap sucks, rap-metal sucks, nu-metal sucks, and nu rock sucks...

Anyhow on another note: there is a new Doors movie comming:

ENOUGH TO BASE A MOVIE ON...

Production has begun on our theatrical film that will document the true, entire story of The Doors. Naturally, Ray, Robby and John will discuss the band's incredible saga in detail. But Doors Music Company is also breaking open the vaults for this project, using previously unseen footage and interviews with Jim Morrison - and unprecedented commentary, filmed in December of 2005, of Admiral Morrison and other members of Jim's family, for the first time ever! The film is produced by entertainment-industry legend Dick Wolf (Emmy-winning creator of Law & Order).

Last edited by Dreamkiller666; 04-03-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Dreamkiller666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
SirStoneyOfBow
It... Won't... Die...

SirStoneyOfBow is gonna jook you with his jook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamkiller666
....snoop and rap is like a tick on The ass of the Doors or Rock/metal music becuase they keep trying to blend in with the good music (rock/Metal) but it ain't gonna happen casue rap sucks...
You're wrong. Your understanding of Rap is just terrible.
But I do agree with Snoop. I cant stand the cunt. But this guy does rap a bad deal.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #13
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Dreamkiller666 is In The Land Of The Metal God's

Bruce Dickinson is an artist who has influenced thousands of singers, musicians and fans alike in his outstanding role as the front man of legendary band Iron Maiden. He has also on to achieved great success as a solo artist, and is also acclaimed as a Radio DJ, TV presenter, pilot, author and voice of modern music.

It has been seven years since Bruce released his last solo album ‘The Chemical Wedding’ which received massive critical acclaim and explored intriguing and dark Blakean themes. The intervening years have seen him make a highly successful return to Iron Maiden, with two huge albums and record breaking live shows and tours.

‘Tyranny Of Souls’, Bruce’s new solo venture, sees him return to once again to collaborate with guitarist/producer/writer Roy Z in Los Angeles. The album is adorned with a 15th century depiction of hell by Hans Hemling and continues this theme to explore dark apocalyptic themes delving into science, theology and of course his love of flight, with thought provoking, intelligent and menacing lyrics that are sure to leave the listener’s mind unsettled. Heavy riff laden songs and explosive virtuoso guitar work from Roy joined with the definitive Dickinson soaring vocals make this ground breaking album a tour de force of modern Metal.

Bruce is a man for all seasons whose punishing schedule would terrify a less driven soul. It was following on from the end of the last Maiden tour that Bruce saw an opportunity to work alongside Roy again.

“With Maiden, once the band have finished up on the tours, we all tend to go our separate ways and do our own thing for a while until it’s time to saddle up again for the next album. I knew I could seize the chance to work with Roy in between his work on the new Priest Album. We both work quickly together which I like and the recording is very organic so it came together quite easily. I’m very proud of it.”

‘Tyranny Of Souls’ will be released on May 23rd through Mayan / Sanctuary Records.
1 - Mars Within (Intro)
2 - Abduction
3 - Soul Intruders
4 - Kill Devil Hill
5 - Navigate The Seas Of The Sun
6 - River Of No Return
7 - Power Of The Sun
8 - Devil On A Hog
9 - Believil
10 - A Tyranny Of Souls

anyone listened to this album yet, i thought it was amazing. Abduction was worth the price tag alone and was work of total metal genious.

Also some Helloween News:

2006/01/30
PumpkinLive DVD/CD recorded - Part I

In front of a capacity crowd of 5.000 great and completely enthusiastic fans in the Winter Palace Of Sports in Sofia/Bulgaria the German melodic metal legend HELLOWEEN has recorded the first of three concerts for a planned Live-DVD/CD package. The other two concerts that are planned to be recorded for the DVD/CD are Tokyo (Japan) and Sao Paulo (Brasil). The band is still on tour in Europe in support of their new CD “Keeper Of The Seven Keys – The Legacy” and will head for 6 concerts to Japan and 12 concerts to South America in the next weeks.
Dreamkiller666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #14
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Send a message via MSN to CJ_01976

Quote:
If there is one of these out there already i apoligize in advance but anyhow:

This is the Heavy metal/ROCK news & disscussion thread so come on in and share news/rumors and info. about your favorite metal/rock bands & artists, or rate their new or classic work.

I guess i'll start:

Well here it is the new Megadeth DVD. Man this 2 disc collection is fucking sweet.

DVD Menu

Disc #1 -- Arsenal of Megadeth

Tracks
"Peace Sells..."
Peace Sells
Interview, 1986
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
So Far, So Good...
Anarchy in the U.K.
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Rust in Peace
On the Clash of the Titans Tour, 1990
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Mission Megadeth: MTV's Headbanger's Ball, 1991
Hangar 18
Go to Hell
Rock the Vote
Countdown to Extinction
Symphony of Destruction
Skin O' My Teeth
High Speed Dirt
Foreclosure of a Dream
A Day in the Life of Hollywood, 1992
Sweating Bullets

Disc #2 -- Arsenal of Megadeth

Tracks
Play All
Evolver (Excerpt)
Train of Consequences
Youthanasia
Inter, 1994
MTV's Night of The Living Megadeth, Halloween 1994
MTV's Most Wanted, 1995
Interview, 1994
A Tout Le Monde
Interview, 1994
Reckoning Day
Cryptic Writings
Trust
Cryptic TV
Almost Honest
A Secret Place
Argentina, 1998
The Drew Carey Show, 1998
Risk
Insomnia
Gigantour, 2005
Sweating Bullets
Peace Sells

thats going to be a great watch. Anyone pick up a copy yet, i can't fucking wait to grab mine when I go to HMV or Amazon. Well lets hear some/any news, comments or rumors you have about yor fav. "Rock/Metal bands" notice the quotes.
Fucking sweet indeed. And how did you get that TNA signature anyway? Could you show me how to get one too?
CJ_01976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #15
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStoneyOfBow
You're wrong. Your understanding of Rap is just terrible.
But I do agree with Snoop. I cant stand the cunt. But this guy does rap a bad deal.
Rap fucking sucks man. It's just stupid pop wannabe shit. It's all as bad as The Spice Girls were. And you can't bang your head to it!!! All those 'gangsta' fucks can suck my left nut.

Last edited by CJ_01976; 04-03-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Jim Morrison shares the mic with... Snoop Dogg?
They did a mash up with The Doors and Blondie recently, so I'll believe it.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #17
CJ_01976
It... Won't... Die...

CJ_01976 is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis83
So does that have the whole episode of Drew Carrey that Mustaine was on or is it just his five second clip? They had a lot of great guitarists on that episode, 'twould be great if they had the whole episode.
Even Joey Ramone bashing his guitar like a maniac.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #18
travis83
The Living Dead

travis83 is the thread killer

Well, you talked me in to it, Dreamkiller, I bought it. $20; not a bad deal at all. Now to get to watching it all.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #19
Sam Fisher
Rotting Corpse

Sam Fisher has no status.

Quote:

Thats going to great to hear the Rainbow and classic Diver stuff again. Any thought's?
Yeah I have a thought: BRING IT ON!!! This is fucking sweet! I saw Dio back in 1990 with Yngwie Malmsteen opening up for him. This was the "Lock Up The Wolves" tour. before that I got to see Dio a few times, and for the money, this new tour will only bring out the old timers like me and reaffirm what Ronnie said back in 1990- "America might not be perfect, but right or left, right or wrong, we know how to do one thing better than anyone else...WE ROCK!" Damn right Ronnie James
Old 04-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #20
John Doe Se7en
I Eat Brains!

John Doe Se7en has no status.

Quote:
I remember when i first read this totally disrspectful piece of shit from the doors web site:

the Jim Morrison shares the mic with... Snoop Dogg? Believe it. Snoop and The Doors' new version of "Riders on the Storm"--lead track on EA's Need for Speed Underground 2 videogame, in stores Nov. 16--features new musical contributions from The Doors' Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger and John Densmore, as well as the original master featuring Jim Morrison's vocals. It's called "Riders On The Storm (FredWreck Remix)" - check out an excerpt by clicking HERE! Snoop performed the track at the Need for Speed launch party, now airing on SpikeTV (dates and times at the link).
Damn that sucks. Isn't it bad enough he did probably the worst cover of alltime when he performed Metallica's - "Sad But True"?
John Doe Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote