The Rock/Heavy Metal News/Discussion Thread. - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Dreamkiller666 is In The Land Of The Metal God's

Default The Rock/Heavy Metal News/Discussion Thread.

If there is one of these out there already i apoligize in advance but anyhow:

This is the Heavy metal/ROCK news & disscussion thread so come on in and share news/rumors and info. about your favorite metal/rock bands & artists, or rate their new or classic work.

I guess i'll start:

Well here it is the new Megadeth DVD. Man this 2 disc collection is fucking sweet.

DVD Menu

Disc #1 -- Arsenal of Megadeth

Tracks
"Peace Sells..."
Peace Sells
Interview, 1986
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
So Far, So Good...
Anarchy in the U.K.
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Rust in Peace
On the Clash of the Titans Tour, 1990
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Mission Megadeth: MTV's Headbanger's Ball, 1991
Hangar 18
Go to Hell
Rock the Vote
Countdown to Extinction
Symphony of Destruction
Skin O' My Teeth
High Speed Dirt
Foreclosure of a Dream
A Day in the Life of Hollywood, 1992
Sweating Bullets

Disc #2 -- Arsenal of Megadeth

Tracks
Play All
Evolver (Excerpt)
Train of Consequences
Youthanasia
Inter, 1994
MTV's Night of The Living Megadeth, Halloween 1994
MTV's Most Wanted, 1995
Interview, 1994
A Tout Le Monde
Interview, 1994
Reckoning Day
Cryptic Writings
Trust
Cryptic TV
Almost Honest
A Secret Place
Argentina, 1998
The Drew Carey Show, 1998
Risk
Insomnia
Gigantour, 2005
Sweating Bullets
Peace Sells

thats going to be a great watch. Anyone pick up a copy yet, i can't fucking wait to grab mine when I go to HMV or Amazon. Well lets hear some/any news, comments or rumors you have about yor fav. "Rock/Metal bands" notice the quotes.
Dreamkiller666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
travis83
The Living Dead

travis83 is the thread killer

So does that have the whole episode of Drew Carrey that Mustaine was on or is it just his five second clip? They had a lot of great guitarists on that episode, 'twould be great if they had the whole episode.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Default Some DIO NEWS

The Return of Goldy 3/27/2006 8:22:37 PM
Dio have just gone into the studio writing and rehearsing for the new album and tour. Dates are to be posted as they are confirmed.

We are happy to say that Craig Goldy has recovered from his illness and is back in the fold. Doug Aldrich has returned to Whitesnake.

News from the DIO Camp... 3/9/2006 1:48:43 PM
Ronnie and company are busy writing a new studio record to be released later this year. Touring is expected to gear up in May with a South American jaunt, followed by a European tour commencing May 27 in Belgium. Dates will be announced as soon as they are confirmed, so keep watching the tour page for details.
As we get more information, we will keep you posted.

Holy Diver Live DVD Due Out April 17 2/20/2006 6:32:03 PM
The fall 2005 Holy Diver tour was captured live at London's Astoria and will be released on DVD May 30, 2006 in the US.
Holy Diver Live features the classic Holy Diver album in its entirety, from start to finish, recorded live for the very first time along with other Dio, Rainbow and Black Sabbath classics.

The complete tracklisting of Holy Diver Live is as follows:

Disc 1

Stand Up And Shout
Holy Diver
Gypsy
Caught In The Middle
Don't Talk To Strangers
Straight Through The Heart
Invisible
Rainbow In The Dark
Shame On The Night

Disc 2

Tarot Woman
Sign Of The Southern Cross
One Night In The City
Gates Of Babylon
Heaven And Hell
Man On The Silver Mountain
Long Live Rock & Roll
We Rock

In addition, DIO's classic CD, Holy Diver, will be re-released on CD April 17, 2006 in Europe and April 18, 2006 in the U.S. through Eagle Records featuring a recent in-depth interview with Ronnie.

Thats going to great to hear the Rainbow and classic Diver stuff again. Any thought's?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #4
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis83
So does that have the whole episode of Drew Carrey that Mustaine was on or is it just his five second clip? They had a lot of great guitarists on that episode, 'twould be great if they had the whole episode.

I belive it's the whole episode, but thats a great tracklist ay?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #5
travis83
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamkiller666
I belive it's the whole episode, but thats a great tracklist ay?
Aye, tis sweet. Will definitely be picking that up sometime soon.

Triple Shot of News (all courtesy Blabbermouth.net)

Producer: New IRON MAIDEN Album Is 'Progressing At An Amazing Pace' - Apr. 3, 2006

IRON MAIDEN producer Kevin Shirley has issued another update as part of his ongoing studio diary covering the making of the group's new album, tentatively due this fall. An excerpt from the latest entry follows:

"Another week has slipped by, and the album is progressing at an amazing pace — we have two songs finished, apart from the vocals, and they are pretty mind-blowing. The 'single,' I guess, was the first which features a terrific solo from Adrian [Smith] and is fairly compact, along the lines of recent rockers — and the second is a tour-de-force, with a quiet intro, really great chorus, some proggy staccato riffing, a sing-along guitar melody section, and again two phenomenal solos, one from Davey [Murray] and one from Adrian, which almost sounds like a fusion solo — a la John McLaughlin — amazing!"

To read the rest of the report, visit MaidenNorway.com.

IRON MAIDEN recently confirmed a full European leg of their world tour for this coming winter 2006. The trek will start in Scandinavia on November 9 and will include new album material, which will be released prior to the tour. They are currently considering album artwork and the production for the tour, which will be in true MAIDEN tradition, with spectacular stage production and massive sound and lights ... and, of course, Eddie!!

VINNIE PAUL Doesn't Rule Out REBEL MEETS REBEL Tour - Apr. 3, 2006

Former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul recently spoke to MTV.com about the upcoming debut album from REBEL MEETS REBEL — a collection of a dozen tracks of countrified metal featuring controversial country singer David Allan Coe and the guitar prowess of Paul's late brother, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott.

"It's something that me and Dime really wanted to do a long time ago, but we were so busy with everything, we never could," Paul explained. "When Atlantic (PANTERA's label) passed on the REBEL MEETS REBEL record because they didn't know what to do with it, I was like, 'I'm not gonna go shop this. This just fell right in my lap, and it's time for me to start this record label that I've been thinking about and, you know, put it all together.'

"It is a lot of work, trust me," he continued. "Getting on a tour bus and riding around the United States and playing for an hour and a half a night is a lot easier than this stuff. But it's fun to be able to learn both sides of the business."

"His guitar playing on this record is incredible," Paul continued. "The cool thing about this record is, a lot of times when you're making metal, everything operates kind of like a machine. It's like chung, chung, chung — it's just power. And with this kind of record, it has a ROLLING STONES vibe. Everybody can kind of cut loose, play what they want, and all the people really interact instead of it all kind of being one big gigantic tank moving in one direction.

"So [there was] a lot of freedom involved in making this record," Paul said. "And it gave me something to look forward to and to live for because I've never done anything without Dime. ... It's been a long road for me to get to this point where I feel I can move on in my life. And that's what I'm doing, man."

Even without Dime around to play guitar, Paul said there's a chance REBEL MEETS REBEL could tour — so long as he can tap someone gifted enough to tackle the riffs. "I have a couple of people in mind that were really close to Dime and would be perfect for it," he said. "But we're just going to put out the record first and see how that goes. And then if the fan response was really, really good, I think it'd be fun to go play those songs live because they'd be killer songs live."

Zakk Wylde...obviously

KORN Guitarist Says Band Is Planning 'Kornfest' For This Summer - Apr. 3, 2006

Launch Radio Networks reports: KORN will complete its current North American tour tomorrow (Tuesday, April 4) in Toronto, but the band has already announced that it will return for another trek this summer. Guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer told Launch that the group has some big plans in mind. "We're trying to put together something similar to, like, a Family Values kind of a thing," he said. "We don't know if we're gonna call it that or not, but we wanna put together something sort of a festival feel, where there's four bands on the main stage and then there's four or five bands on a side stage. We want to make our own Kornfest type of thing."

The Family Values tour debuted in 1998 with KORN headlining over RAMMSTEIN, LIMP BIZKIT and others.

According to postings at fan web site Korn Unleashed, Shaffer told fans after the group's show in New Jersey last Tuesday (March 2 that KORN's summer tour will include the DEFTONES and FLYLEAF on the bill.

The road trip is tentatively slated to begin in late August or early September.

KORN was offered a chance to headline this summer's Ozzfest, but turned it down to focus on its own plans.

KORN will release a collection of rare and concert tracks on May 9 called "Live and Rare". It features covers of METALLICA's "One" and PINK FLOYD's "Another Brick in the Wall".
Old 04-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Default Black Sabbath Induectd into US hall of fame

Black Sabbath Inducted into US Hall of Fame

The US HOF ceremony was last night, and Black Sabbath was inducted. Long time visitors to my site know my feelings on the Hall of Fame, but it is still nice to see them get some recognition. Although my gut feeling is that this is the last time we'll see the four of 'em together for a long time - if ever again. My gut tells me it's the swan song for the original Black Sabbath. That's a personal opinion, I have no facts or information to back that up. Additionally, I think some fans would take umbrage with the prcolaiment of Sabbath being "active" in the story below.

You can check out some video over at Yahoo's site (from CNN) about the proceedings here. There's a short clip of Ozzy's speech during the induction, as well as Metallica's cover of Hole in the Sky in this clip, too. The ceremony will be on VH1 next Tuesday the 21st. Further details on that are here.

NEW YORK - Between an ugly feud among Blondie members spilling over onstage and a rancorous letter from the absent Sex Pistols, the latest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class did not enter quietly on Monday.

The animosity even made Ozzy Osbourne, inducted with Black Sabbath, seem sedate.

As midnight arrived under the chandeliers of the Waldorf-Astoria's grand ballroom, Lynyrd Skynyrd was performing the song that launched countless cigarette lighters, "Free Bird," to celebrate their own induction. Famed jazz trumpeter Miles Davis completed the honorees.

When Blondie, the most commercially successful band to emerge from a fertile New York rock scene that also produced Talking Heads and the Ramones, reformed after 15 years, they didn't include former members Frank Infante and Nigel Harrison. They sued unsuccessfully to join.

Infante, Harrison and Gary Valentine, another former member left behind in a business dispute, were barely acknowledged by former chums Deborah Harry, Chris Stein and Clem Burke as they received their awards.

Infante begged to perform with the band.

"Debbie, are we allowed?" he pleaded before Blondie performed their hits "Heart of Glass," "Rapture" and "Call Me."

"Can't you see my band is up there?" Harry replied. The three rejected members walked offstage, but not before Infante groaned into the microphone.

Punk rockers the Sex Pistols had turned down the honor in a profane letter that compared the hall to "urine in wine." Rolling Stone magazine founder Jann Wenner read the letter, and invited the band to pick up their trophies at the rock hall in Cleveland.

"If they want to smash them into bits, they can do that, too," Wenner said.

Behind the unnerving stare of singer Johnny Rotten and the lacerating lyrics of "God Save the Queen" and "Pretty Vacant," the Sex Pistols appeared the most shocking of the first punk-rock generation in the mid-1970s. The Pistols imploded after one album, with Rotten saying, "ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" before walking offstage after their last show for decades.

Osbourne may be better known now as an addled reality TV star, but his musical legacy with Black Sabbath got its due with the band's induction.

Osbourne has badmouthed the hall of fame for waiting a decade to induct Sabbath, a cause taken up by Metallica member Lars Ulrich in his induction. Metallica guitarist James Hetfield and Ulrich both said their band would not exist without the example of Black Sabbath.

"If there was no Black Sabbath, I could still possibly be a morning newspaper delivery boy," Ulrich said. "No fun."

Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Bill Ward did not perform, but Metallica rattled the walls with versions of "Iron Man" and "Hole in the Sky."

"Thank you to all Sabbath fans everywhere," Ward said. "Hopefully our induction tonight will add to the validation ... (and) hard rock and heavy metal will have an enduring and everlasting place in rock history."

Osbourne thanked his wife, Sharon, who sat in the ballroom with their daughters Kelly and Aimee.

Davis was inducted by fellow jazz musician Herbie Hancock, who said the trumpeter often played with his back to the audience simply because he was conducting the band.

"He was a man of mystery, magic and mystique," Hancock said. "It was often said he was an enigma. I would venture to say that many who said that just didn't get it."

Southern rockers Skynyrd, whose name was a deliberately misspelled "tribute" to a hated high-school teacher, made much of its memorable music before a 1977 plane crash killed singer Ronnie Van Zant and guitarist Steve Gaines.

"No one deserved to be here more than Ronnie Van Zant," said his widow Judy, "and he would truly be honored."

Johnny Van Zant, who replaced his brother as the lead singer, joined Kid Rock in a duet of the band's hit "Sweet Home Alabama," such a well-known prideful statement of Southern heritage that the title was later swiped for a
Reese Witherspoon movie.

Each of the acts is still active. Blondie and the Sex Pistols reformed after long dormant periods, and so did Sabbath, who frequently headlined the popular Ozzfest summer concert tours.

The hall also is giving a lifetime achievement award to Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, founders of the influential A&M Records label that bore their initials and signed artists like the Police, Supertramp, John Hiatt, Cat Stevens and Alpert's band, the Tijuana Brass.

"I haven't seen this many people since I played bar mitzvahs years ago," said trumpeter Alpert.

Inductees are honored at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum in Cleveland. Highlights of the 21st annual ceremony will be shown on VH1 on March 21.

Posted by Joe Siegler at 12:08 PM | Permalink
Old 04-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Default new Sabbath album....sign...greatest hits that is

well here it comes another greatest hits fuckin album from sabbath

Tracklist:
Black Sabbath
N.I.B.
The Wizard
War Pigs
Paranoid
Iron Man
Sweet Leaf
Children of the Grave
Changes
Snowblind
Supernaut
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Hole in the Sky
Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
Never Say Die
Dirty Women

Every Sabbath fan has seen this list a million times. Hell they already have like 1000 greatest hits albums plus a damn remastering of their whole catalogue in a set called the black box.....enough is enough!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
travis83
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamkiller666
well here it comes another greatest hits fuckin album from sabbath

Tracklist:
Black Sabbath
N.I.B.
The Wizard
War Pigs
Paranoid
Iron Man
Sweet Leaf
Children of the Grave
Changes
Snowblind
Supernaut
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Hole in the Sky
Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
Never Say Die
Dirty Women

Every Sabbath fan has seen this list a million times. Hell they already have like 1000 greatest hits albums plus a damn remastering of their whole catalogue in a set called the black box.....enough is enough!
DO NOT BUY THIS

They cut "Iron Man" in half. If you're new to Sabbath and you want a good "introduction" to the group buy this:

Track Listing
Black Sabbath
N.I.B.
The Wizard
Warning
Evil Woman
Paranoid
Iron Man
War Pigs
Fairies Wear Boots
Sweet Leaf
Children of the Grave
Into the Void
Lord of this World
After Forever (First song of Disc 2)
Snowblind
Laguna Sunrise
Changes
Tomorrow's Dream
Supernaut
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Fluff
Sabbra Cadabra
Am I Going Insane (Radio)
Symptom of the Universe
Hole in the Sky
Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
Dirty Women
Never Say Die
A Hard Road

OR if you're a diehard Black Sabbath fan, get this:

It includes all 8 Black Sabbath albums Ozzy made with the group.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #9
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Default Glenn Tipton / Judas Priest news:

JUDAS PRIEST CD & DVD RELEASED ON SONY BMG:

Judas Priest

THE ESSENTIAL JUDAS PRIEST - CD

'The Essential Judas Priest' has burst onto the scene as a new double CD encompassing many of the very best tracks from the band including Judas Rising, Breaking The Law, The Hellion/Electric Eye and Living After Midnight - It is the ultimate collection of tracks by this amazing band. Judas Priest are truly iconic figures in metal, having spent 30 years writing & recording classic tracks and performing spectacular live shows. The band have sold in excess of 30 million albums, and thrilled audiences around the world. The definitive line up of Rob Halford (vocals), Glenn Tipton (guitar), K.K Downing (guitar), Ian Hill (bass) and Scott Travis (drums), who reformed in July 2003, have established a hugely impressive catalogue, superbly showcased by 'The Essential'.

LIVE VENGEANCE '82 - DVD

Judas Priest

DVD: “Live Vengeance ’82”

“One of the most important, influential and imitated bands ever…” - Kerrang
“There would be no heavy metal without Judas Priest” – Scott “Not” Ian (Anthrax)

Judas Priest’s legendary “Live Vengeance ‘82” concert is set to get it’s first ever stand alone DVD release in early 2006.

On another Priest releated note:

Through RHINO/WARNER'S we are releasing simultaneously two GLENN TIPTON solo albums!!

The album 'EDGE OF THE WORLD' (previously unreleased tracks) features rock greats COZY POWELL and JOHN ENTWISTLE!!

See below Glenn's comments:

"Back in '96 when I approached Atlantic Records regarding my first solo album, the majority of the songs featured Cozy Powell on drums and John Entwistle on bass guitar. The label liked the material but suggested that the line up was a little 'old school' and that I should work with some younger musicians and blend the new tracks in to give the album a more modern feel. This I did as I had very little choice at the time and in all honesty a very good album emerged which became my first release - 'Baptizm Of Fire'.

However, deep down inside I knew that the first batch of songs included some of the finest playing from two of the most talented and legendary musicians that I have ever worked with! Rhino/Warners heard the tracks recently and agreed that this album had to see the light of day!!

Tragically, both Cozy and John are no longer with us, as I'm sure everyone will know, and this album is a tribute to their unique styles and skills and a small part of the immense legacy they have left behind which will continue to inspire people all over the world for many years to come."

GLENN TIPTON

Album due out on 7th March, 2006
on RHINO ENTERTAINMENT/WARNERS

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE TIPTON, ENTWISTLE & POWELL ALBUM 'EDGE OF THE WORLD' ARE BEING DONATED TO THE TEENAGE CANCER TRUST CHARITY.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis83
DO NOT BUY THIS

They cut "Iron Man" in half. If you're new to Sabbath and you want a good "introduction" to the group buy this:

Track Listing
Black Sabbath
N.I.B.
The Wizard
Warning
Evil Woman
Paranoid
Iron Man
War Pigs
Fairies Wear Boots
Sweet Leaf
Children of the Grave
Into the Void
Lord of this World
After Forever (First song of Disc 2)
Snowblind
Laguna Sunrise
Changes
Tomorrow's Dream
Supernaut
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Fluff
Sabbra Cadabra
Am I Going Insane (Radio)
Symptom of the Universe
Hole in the Sky
Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
Dirty Women
Never Say Die
A Hard Road

OR if you're a diehard Black Sabbath fan, get this:

It includes all 8 Black Sabbath albums Ozzy made with the group.
Exactally for new Sabbateirs get the black box don't buy these greatest hits cd's they are a waste of money