Italian Cannibal Film Appreciation Thread - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 04-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #21
DougC
Not Dead Yet

DougC has no status.

Send a message via MSN to DougC

I believe your prayers for a new "Official Italian Cannibal Movie" have been answered, with Ruggero Deodata's latest effort, slated for a 2006 release, Cannibal Metropolitana
http://imdb.com/title/tt0483583/
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #22
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC
I believe your prayers for a new "Official Italian Cannibal Movie" have been answered, with Ruggero Deodata's latest effort, slated for a 2006 release, Cannibal Metropolitana
http://imdb.com/title/tt0483583/
Why do I have the strangest feeling this will suck ... am I the only one?

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #23
Ballscratch
Rotting Corpse

Ballscratch has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Ballscratch

i can't believe i missed this thread. i love cannibals and i love European cannibal films. now that i am reading aa book about cannibals, i am even more interested.

Art
MySpace
Ballscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #24
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

thomasjarvis is still mourning the loss of humorist Kurt Vonnegut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballscratch
i can't believe i missed this thread. i love cannibals and i love European cannibal films. now that i am reading aa book about cannibals, i am even more interested.
What's the name of the book? I might want to get ahold of a copy for myself to read...
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."
thomasjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #25
Ballscratch
Rotting Corpse

Ballscratch has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Ballscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjarvis
What's the name of the book? I might want to get ahold of a copy for myself to read...
Cannibalism & Human Sacrifice by Gary Hogg. it was written in the early 80's.

Art
MySpace
Ballscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #26
Mercyful Fate
Rotting Corpse

Mercyful Fate has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjarvis
Maybe Deodato will make a comeback...I doubt it, but it could be interesting if he ever did...
Cannibal metropolitana
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483583/

Could suck donkeys ass or could be a reinvention of the 'oh-so-dead-genre-since-the-80's'.

EDIT: Apparently I didn't see either post of page 3 before posting this.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #27
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballscratch
Cannibalism & Human Sacrifice by Gary Hogg. it was written in the early 80's.
Thanks man, I'll have to check that out...
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."
Old 04-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #28
The Nightmare
The Living Dead

The Nightmare has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Nightmare Send a message via MSN to The Nightmare

Advertisement :

BD MOVIENIGHT!!

8th April - Hellraiser

10pm GMT

5:30pm Atlantic

4:30pm Eastern

3:30pm Central

2:30pm Mountain

1:30pm Western

12:30pm Alaska

Be there, or be square!

BD MovieNight Discussion Thread :

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...ead.php?t=1774

BD MovieNight Schedule :

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...ead.php?t=4741

Everyone interested PM me or XcentrickSalo, or post in the BD Movienight Discussion Thread
Old 04-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #29
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

This upcoming book looks to be the very ultimate and definitive last word on the history of cannibalism as depicted in international cinema, definitely a must-have from my main man Stephen Bissette...
--TJ

"FAB Press is proud to announce the signing of a publishing agreement with comic-book legend and renowned cult horror movie expert Stephen R. Bissette--

WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU! The Complete History of Cannibal Cinema
To be published by FAB Press, July 2007

With brand-new original Steve Bissette cover art, this book will be the last word on the cannibal genre.

A considerably truncated version of this text was previously published in Chas. Balun's historic The Deep Red Horror Handbook (FantaCo Enterprises, 1989), but this is the complete, unexpurgated version. Including cannibal and zombie film artwork by the author, and an eye-popping array (culled from the SpiderBaby archives and the renowned FAB Press archives) of super-rare movie pressbooks, clippings, ad mats, film stills and posters from around the world, dating back to the 1890s!

From Martin and Osa Johnson's silent cannibal travelogues to GOONA GOONA and the Mondo films, from DR. X to CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and beyond, it's all here, researched and dissected with the usual Bissettian obsessive intensity.

PLEASE NOTE: Stephen R. Bissette previously made the 'archival edition' of this book available for sale at his own website, but that edition - photocopied from the old Atari printer manuscript - was completed in 1990, BEFORE the release of key mainstream cannibal epics like ALIVE! and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, before FRIED GREEN TOMATOES, the influx of Asian horrors, before the true-life horrors of Jeffrey Dahmer, etc.

As part of Stephen Bissette's publishing agreement with FAB Press, the archival edition is no longer available, and the author is now committed to completely revising and updating the book, so that when it is published in summer 2007, WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU! will tell the WHOLE story of the cannibal movie genre, with EVERY relevant film ever made fully documented, present and correct...

WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU! will feature:

- Analysis, insights, and behind-the-scenes stories of those bloody Italian cannibal gems like MAN FROM DEEP RIVER, THE LAST SURVIVOR/JUNGLE HOLOCAUST, TRAP THEM AND KILL THEM, MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD, CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE/INVASION OF THE FLESH HUNTERS, EATEN ALIVE!/THE EMERALD JUNGLE, DR. BUTCHER M.D./ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST, and CANNIBAL FEROX/MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY.

- Cannibal cinema rarities like CANNIBALS OF THE SOUTH SEAS, A SCREAM IN THE NIGHT, WHAT'S BUZZING BUZZARD (Tex Avery's cannibal classic cartoon!), GOONA GOONA, FIVE CAME BACK, BACK TO ETERNITY, CANNIBAL ISLAND, SPIDER BABY, TERROR IN THE JUNGLE, AFRICA ADDIO/AFRICA BLOOD AND GUTS, the Mondo movies, THE WILD EYE, THE VALLEY (OBSCURED BY CLOUDS), HOW TASTY WAS MY LITTLE FRENCHMAN, MACUNAIMA, SURVIVE!, MONDO CANNIBALE, THE MAN HUNTER, CANNIBAL TERROR, CUT AND RUN, WHITE SLAVE, CANNIBAL TOURS, and more!

- Genre masterpieces including NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, SOYLENT GREEN, THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE, CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, and others!

- Mainstream off-genre essentials like SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER!, THE SKY ABOVE THE MUD BELOW, THE NAKED PREY, WEEKEND, A MAN CALLED HORSE, WALKABOUT, AGUIRRE THE WRATH OF GOD, THE LAST MOVIE, QUEST FOR FIRE, THE EMERALD FOREST, THE MISSION, and other surprisingly key titles you wouldn't associate with the cannibal films you know and love.

In addition to a standard trade paperback edition, FAB Press will be publishing an exclusive hardback signature edition. Each copy will be individually autographed by author Stephen R. Bissette. WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU! will be published by FAB Press, July 2007...
Old 04-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #30
AleisterArcane
Rotting Corpse

AleisterArcane is The Never Dead

Appreciate? The only Cannibal movie worth appreciating is Cannibal Holocaust. The movie isnt great, but i do admire its balls to the wall approach to the subject matter. I also like the fact the movie seemed real and that made the movie experience that much more disturbing. The special effects were top notch and the atmosphere was just right. I love a horror film that isnt afraid to go there.

The rest of those Cannibal movies are cheap immitations and deserve to be forgotten not appreciated. They were too cheesy and tried too hard to follow in Cannibal Holocaust foot steps...and failed.