Dario Argento Books and DVD List + Links - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 03-21-2006, 04:29 AM   #21
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjarvis
Unfortunately, I have yet to get Anchor Bay's 'Opera' 2-disc set, so I have no idea about the language for the doc. Even if the documentary featurette is in Italian, it would probably have English subtitles. But I believe it comes with a bonus soundtrack CD, if so, that alone would make it worth it for me. I don't even have the 1-disc set yet! I do plan on getting the 2-discer, though. If I were you, I'd look around for an inexpensive deal on it, eBay, Amazon, etc. You might be able to get it for the same price or less than what you paid for the single disc edition, then just trade the other one for some other DVD or else sell it.
It didn't have subs, at least I am pretty sure it didn't. But I'd love to have a the score...even if it does have some cheesy hair metal. The classic opera numbers were amazing. I only paid $16.99 for Opera but if I do find it for a little more I do plan on selling it...or even if I don't sell it, I'd still be happy. Opera is one of my favorite Horror movies, so no loss there. But thanks for the help anyways.

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #22
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

You fool ass fool shed, i'm almost certain the doc had subs... i'll check it out later to know for sure. But I remember watching it, and unless I knew italian at the time and recently forgot.. it had to of been subbed.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #23
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula
You fool ass fool shed, i'm almost certain the doc had subs... i'll check it out later to know for sure. But I remember watching it, and unless I knew italian at the time and recently forgot.. it had to of been subbed.
Well, I could've sworn they didn't work. It might be my fucking retarded ass lap top for some reason. Because it likes to be a $2000 piece of shit. Sometimes I'd like to throw it against the wall...but then I remember I don't have another computer so I put it down. But I am sure it didn't work on this. ??:

Old 03-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #24
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed
Well, I could've sworn they didn't work. It might be my fucking retarded ass lap top for some reason. Because it likes to be a $2000 piece of shit. Sometimes I'd like to throw it against the wall...but then I remember I don't have another computer so I put it down. But I am sure it didn't work on this. ??:
I just checked my copy, and yes there are subs.. but you have to turn them on manually. I'm sure what ever media player you use has an option to turn on subs, with power dvd you just right click with the dvd playing and scroll down to subtitles. So get on that shit foolshed, and get a watching.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #25
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
I just checked my copy, and yes there are subs.. but you have to turn them on manually. I'm sure what ever media player you use has an option to turn on subs, with power dvd you just right click with the dvd playing and scroll down to subtitles. So get on that shit foolshed, and get a watching.
Well, that's what I'm trying to say. I only tried to watch the special features on my laptop and the subs didn't work. My laptop likes to be a piece of shit...so the case may be [and is] that the laptop was just being a jackass like always.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #26
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Like I said, you have to turn them on manually though.. So tinker with your media player, or switch to another.. i'm sure it has more to do with that then just your finicky laptop. And if it still doesn't work, you're a bitch.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:15 PM   #27
Tool Shed
I Ban People

Tool Shed is swimming.

Quote:
Like I said, you have to turn them on manually though.. So tinker with your media player, or switch to another.. i'm sure it has more to do with that then just your finicky laptop. And if it still doesn't work, you're a bitch.
Well, I thought we established the bitch part a long time ago. But I'll give it a whirl later and let you know the result.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #28
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed
Well, I thought we established the bitch part a long time ago. But I'll give it a whirl later and let you know the result.
True, but as usually is the case I got all drunk the other night and debitchafied you.. so don't disappoint me this time.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #29
Severn
It... Won't... Die...

Severn is thinking he would go back in time and nail Deborah Harry.

Send a message via AIM to Severn Send a message via MSN to Severn Send a message via Yahoo to Severn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjarvis
Yea, it seems Dario wasn't nearly so prolific as his colleague Lucio. For Argento, I guess it's quality over quantity (at least untill his post-'Opera' period, when the trademark Agento style began to lesson). Still love that back catalogue of Fulci's, though!

I aim to pick all of these rare babies up, eventually, hopefully (fingers crossed, knocks on wood).
Good luck and post them when you do get them!

- Frankenstein's Monster.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:18 AM   #30
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

thomasjarvis is still mourning the loss of humorist Kurt Vonnegut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severn
Good luck and post them when you do get them!
Thanks, and I will.

I was just thinking...I should have titled this thread "The Official Dario Argento Appreciation Thread". I would really like to see this thread continue on, but with more spirited ruminations on the man and his art from all the lingering EuroHorror buffs and whomever else happens to put their two cents in. The list is essential, and it's why I posted the thread in the first place, but it seems that people somehow feel restricted by the subject matter. It's not just about the links, its a thread for discussing all things Argento related. Same goes with the Fulci thread, the lists are just a sort of starting-off point.
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."
thomasjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote