Complete Fulci DVD List + Links - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 03-18-2006, 06:57 AM   #21
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Hilti De-walt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula
What can I say, you fuck up alot.. But seriously, I wouldn't want someome dropping 70$ + 40$ shipping only to unexpectedly end up with a bootleg. If you want to take shit personally and be a prick about it, that's on you..
Damn man,i have some bad days make some asshole comments like mostly everyone else on this board and suddenly im public enemy #1.

damn, what the fuck.
Hilti De-walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #22
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilti De-walt
damn, what the fuck.
Indeed, what the fuck are you on about?
Old 03-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
PhantomOperaGhost
Fresh Kill

PhantomOperaGhost has no status.

thanx a bunch, man!
now i need my mommy's credit card
It's time to fetch the rope

These thoughts carve in my mind
The scars they make are eternal
My hate grows stronger each day
The hate towards life and myself

Ablaze My Sorrow
PhantomOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #24
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

thomasjarvis is still mourning the loss of humorist Kurt Vonnegut

Fulci Lives in the Blackest Hearts of his devotees...Hail Fulci!
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 03-18-2006 at 08:04 PM.
thomasjarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #25
ColdCase
Fresh Kill

ColdCase has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjarvis
Fulci Lives in the Blackest Hearts of his devotees...Hail Fulci!
Speaking of black hearts, do you have the comic adaptations of Zombie, The Beyond, and The Gates of Hell? A company named Black Heart Media put them out. They also released Fulci's A Cat in the Brain on laserdisc, which i also have.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #26
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilti De-walt
Also I thought 'Lizard in a Womens Skin' was a Fulci film, if I am wrong I expect Count Dragula to coorect me, as he does when i make my mistakes here and there, your like the Message board father I never had.
'Lizard in A Woman's Skin' is indeed a Fulci film, it's in the list at the start of this thread, and has been since the thread begun. I did edit the list to add Drag's Xploitive Media links for 'Dead Dancing'/'Murderock', etc. The link for 'Lizard' is not a bootlegg, it's a commercial release from Media-Blasters/Shriek Show.

What exactly was you question about 'Lizard'? I'm not quite sure what you were getting at.
"A truly successful cinematic accomplishment inevitably results in the absolute compulsion of the viewer to discuss the film in question with one or more others for the duration of at least a good fifteen minutes, subsequent to initial screening."

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 03-19-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #27
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase
Speaking of black hearts, do you have the comic adaptations of Zombie, The Beyond, and The Gates of Hell? A company named Black Heart Media put them out. They also released Fulci's A Cat in the Brain on laserdisc, which i also have.

The Fulci comic adaptations for 'Zombie' 'The Beyond' and 'Gates of Hell' were all penned by Stephen Romano, who also wrote the 'Incident On and Off A Mountain Road' episode of Showtime's 'Masters of Horror' series for his director friend Don "The Big Man" Coscarelli ('Phantasm'). I'd been in search of Romano's 'Zombie' adaptation for quite some time, when I happened to stumble upon Romano's email address one day. So I emailed him, telling him that the cheapest I've seen the 'Zombie' book was for $150 on Amazon, and was curious to know if he could possibly locate me a copy.

He said that he only had two personal copies himself, and that he wouldn't let them go without a very high offer. But he said that he had plenty of copies of 'Gates of 'Hell' and his 'Phantasm' comic lying about, and would send these off to me for free! Unfortunately, he must've never got around to it, since I never recieved anything in the mail. He did warn me that he was very busy writing movie scripts for the studios, and no longer had much free time on his hands. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm gonna have to shoot Stephen an email, see how he's doing these days.

I did eventually find a copy of 'Zombie'. This thing sells for as much as $200 sometimes, but I found an auction on eBay for both it and 'The Beyond' sarting at a minimum bid of $35! I didn't have enough money at the time, so I asked a DVD trader I knew if he would bid on them for me. He bid like $76, but no one else bid, so he got them both for only $36! Romano had orginally intended to reprint the 'Zombie' book in color, but couldn't secure the funding and the project was scrapped. I mentioned this to my freind who bid on the books for me, and he said he knew somebody who could color them proffesionally for free, as a favor to him.

So I still haven't gotten the two books yet, because this professional artist guy is halfway through coloring them for me. But, I should be getting them soon, hopefully. I can't wait to check them out! The 'Gates of Hell' adaptation wasn't actually a graphic novel, but was instead a one-shot that was initially intended to be the start of a three issue mini-series that never in fact materialized. As I said, the author had promised to send me a copy, but apparantly never got around to it.

The company of which you speak was called "Blackest Heart Media", and they also distributed "Fulci Lives" bumper stickers, before going out of business. They went out of business just after the first thousand copies of the 'Zombie' graphic novel were printed. All of these had already sold out on pre-order, according to the author, and he never got paid what he'd been promised for his work. Instead, Stephen got 100 copies of the book, which he then preceeded to sell and give away (all but two copies) at conventiojns. Glad somebody got my subtle reference! Blackest Heart's sister company, Rotten Cotton, is still going strong and the remainder of Blackest Heart's inventory that was left after they folded up shop can be found at their website. They still have 'The Beyond' graphic novel and the Fulci Lives stickers:
http://www.rottencotton.com/

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 03-19-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #28
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...

depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods

My thread doesnt seem to be getting any attention so i'll add it in here.

A book all about Fulci movies

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...450735-1856703
Old 03-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #29
mrbishop77
The Living Dead

mrbishop77 is slumming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
I hereby declare this my favorite thread.
I concur. What an amazing page of information. Essential.

Give me cat in the brain already!!!!
The Ultimate BD Quote Thread
mrbishop77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 AM   #30
thomasjarvis
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severn
Awesome work dude, Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Dragula
Amazing work man, you really are to be comended.. I was taken aback when I first saw the thread and a bit overwhelmed.. so much I need! Damn you jarvis!!! Damn you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mR_BuNgLe
Wow... I do not own a single Fulci flick (lame horror fan, I know) but this is a great place to start. Awesome work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
I hereby declare this my favorite thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbishop77
I concur. What an amazing page of information. Essential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBath&Beyond
Ahh, a list to aspire to. I'm doing ok, but have plenty of room to improve. Thanks jarvis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOperaGhost
thanx a bunch, man!
now i need my mommy's credit card
Wow, I am seriously overwhelmed! Thanks for all the compliments, guys...I stand humbled before you all! It's great to know there are so many other Fulci enthusiasts on this board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleisterArcane
I pretty much own just about everything thomas has mentioned. I have a nice Fulci collection. My most prized collectible in my Fulci collection is an autographed Zombie poster signed by the godfather of gore himself Lucio Fulci. It was signed at a fangorias weekend of horrors back in 1996 just months before he died.
That's awesome, man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbishop77
Give me cat in the brain already!!!!
Yea, I wish Grindhouse would hurry up with that one already. Amazon still has a placeholder for it's eventual DVD release. In the meantime, there always the Grindhouse laserdisc release, various import DVDs, as well as the non-comercial releases from Fleshwound, etc.

Last edited by thomasjarvis; 03-20-2006 at 07:12 AM.