Christmas themed horror movies - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > Locked Threads

Locked Threads Where closed threads go to die...

Old 12-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
Razorghost
Fresh Kill

Razorghost is blah...................

Default Christmas themed horror movies

What's everyone watching this time of year?

Watched Silent Night Deadly Night for the upteenth time! love that movie!

It's not purely horror but there's something charming about watching the Gremlins this time of year.

Either so everyone says it sucks I may give Don't open till xmas a look, one of the few remaining 80's christmas slashers I haven't seen yet.

Can anyone recommend any newer christmas slashers? like from the mid 90's till now? or are they a waste of time like I suspect? (like Jack Frost, Santa's slay etc....)

1. The Evil Dead (1981) Sam Raimi
2. The Serpent and the Rainbow (1987) Wes Craven
3. Slaughter High (1986) George Dugdale
4. Scanners (1981) David Cronenberg
5. Burnt Offerings (1976) Dan Curtis
6. 976-Evil (1989) Robert Englund
7. Visiting Hours (1981) Jean Claude Lord
8. Alice Sweet Alice (1976) Alfred Sole
9. Nightmares (1983) Joseph Sargent
10. Deathship (1980) Alvin Rakoff
Old 12-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Neon Ghost
Not Dead Yet

Neon Ghost is tired as a mofo.

P2. I'd consider that a holiday horror. And the revenge flick, While She Was Out.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
Emo-rtal Beloved
Rotting Corpse

Emo-rtal Beloved is an advocate of female nudity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorghost View Post
What's everyone watching this time of year?

Watched Silent Night Deadly Night for the upteenth time! love that movie!

It's not purely horror but there's something charming about watching the Gremlins this time of year.

Either so everyone says it sucks I may give Don't open till xmas a look, one of the few remaining 80's christmas slashers I haven't seen yet.

Can anyone recommend any newer christmas slashers? like from the mid 90's till now? or are they a waste of time like I suspect? (like Jack Frost, Santa's slay etc....)
Jack Frost is a B-movie fun, not a waste of time. Either way, I don't celebrate Christmas but I still watch Christmas themed horror movies during Christmas just for the fun of it.

My top 5 Christmas themed horror, which I will also watch (again) during this Christmas is (SPOILER WARNING):

5. P2 (2007)

Now, from one look I think anyone can fathom that I purchased this movie for 2 reasons: It's a Christmas horror, and Rachel Nichol's cleavage. The coolest aspect from P2 is Nichols isn't just another helpless protagonist like maybe 80% of the protagonists implemented in 2000's horrors, she actually fought back for her freedom after being attacked in her office building during christmas eve (maybe that's because, she's Scarlett ). Wes Bentley is also featured as the obsessive security guard trying to have Nichols for himself.

4. Dead End (2003)

This a very funny and underrated French supernatural horror comedy about a family trying to find a shortcut to their grandma's house during Christmas Eve. But their journey through the woods will make a long night for them instead of a shortcut. This is a very fun to watch horror, especially the ramblings and the musings between the characters inside their car. Don't miss this one during Christmas,

3. Jack Frost (1997)

Alright, this horror comedy isn't actually a Christmas horror, but it is staged in winter so it has Christmassy feeling to it. It tells the story of a violent serial killer who, during his way to the prison, got into an accident which turns him into an, wait for it, ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN!!! That's right, u didn't read anything wrong!! So, his journey for revenge against the sheriff that caught him begins! This is a pretty enjoyable movie to watch, and it featured Shannon Elizabeth in her movie debit. Not only this movie has "pun" one liners all throughout, it also shows a snowman rape (pretty 'cool', huh?). U should watch it for yourself to believe it, .

2. Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

The one Christmas slasher that caused ruckus amongst parents during its first release, it tells the story of a troubled young man who is afraid of Santa Claus because her parents were killed by a violent robber dressed as Santa. The fact that he and his brother was sent to an orphanage ruled by an abusive mother superior didn't help either. When he finally snapped, he donned the santa suit and began his murderous rampage. Check out for one of the most memorable appearances of topless (and ill-fated) Linnea Quigley (the highlight of the entire movie)! For any horror fan, this is a must see during Christmas!

And the Academy Award for the best Christmas themed horror movie ever goes to....

1. Black Christmas (1974)

The most fabulous Christmas themed horror movie of all time, the number 1 movie of Canadian horror, the finest home-invasion horror ever made, the greatest slasher movie in the history of cinematic horror, the most spectacular of the 1970's horror, and pretty much one of the best horror movie to ever grace the silver screen. Being the first horror movie to use the concept of "the killer is in the house", this legendary motion picture directed by Bob Clark tells the story of a sorority house terrorized by a stranger via phone call during Christmas Break. It has everything u want to see in horror: it's very realistic as a horror movie (because the killing spans for several days instead of one day much like other horror movies), it has Hitchcockian atmosphere seldom used in modern era horror, and it's downright creepy to the bone cause u never actually saw the killer. Featuring Olivia Hussey, John Saxon, Keir Dullea, and Margot Kidder, this is an obligatory watch during Christmas for sure. A definite must see!!

She isn't a scream queen for nothing, right?
Old 12-25-2011, 03:05 AM   #4
WebmasterWolf
Not Dead Yet

WebmasterWolf is Chillin' like a Villain

Gremlins!

I'm watching it right now!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:05 AM   #5
CoolSERAZ
Fresh Kill

CoolSERAZ is the new K.I.D(Killer in Disguise) on the block.

there is also a very inept but oddly enjoyable slasher "dont open till christmas". the cinema snob ripped it to shreds in his review. santa claustration lol.

While many captains would stand in the middle holding the prestigious world cup, MS Dhoni(in top row to the left) is content to let others take spotlight despite playing the heroic role in the final. What a man!!!

2011 Cricket World Champions. Like it or NOT!!!!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:31 AM   #6
Beyond
Rotting Corpse

Beyond is possessed by all the Devils in Hell

I watched "Dont open till Christmas" last night, more "goodness" from the team behind Pieces.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
Matt Macabre
Fresh Kill

Matt Macabre is thinking outside the box like Chucky.

I loved Santa's Slay lol. The Children & Wind Chill are 2 newer ones that I thought were pretty good and they weren't extra cheesy like Santa's Slay. P2 was pretty good too.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:36 AM   #8
brain dead
It... Won't... Die...

brain dead is dancing to the pipes of pan

The Christmas Tale from 6 Films to Keep You Awake is very worth watching.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
The Christmas Tale from 6 Films to Keep You Awake is very worth watching.
That's a real underrated gem!

Old 12-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
el terror
Rotting Corpse

el terror is excited for Friday 13th

I've watched Gremlins and Dead End so far this month.
Would anyone recommend any of the Silent Night Deadly Night sequels?

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"