Lars Von Trier's The Nymphomaniac (2013) - Page 5 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Hmm. Nothing subtle about this poster.

Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #42
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Hmm. Nothing subtle about this poster.

Looks like a pussy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #43
Shoggoth
The Living Dead

Shoggoth is in a land of confusion

I was looking into this the other night. Lets get this in front of my eyes and I'll be happy.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #44
Bottleneck
Not Dead Yet

Bottleneck has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
I don't think the main girl is ugly at all but I've always had a thing for those who don't fit into the "superhot" category. She's not smoking hot but think she's very attractive.
agree. Beautiful woman. I like those girls more than the polished models.

Dont know what to expect exactly.. child abuse, penetration.. it will definitley 'provoke' certain groups of people
4. Session 9
5. Irréversible
6. Apocalypse Now
7. No Country for Old Men
8. Eyes Wide Shut
9. Boot, Das
10. Pi

>> my youtube channel <<

Last edited by Bottleneck; 05-03-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Bottleneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #45
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Sounds interesting. I've only seen Anti-Christ, been meaning to watch it a second time but haven't as of yet.

This does sound rather saaaweet though.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #46
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is doing people, and seeing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the Pin View Post
I happened to get my first viewing of Antichrist on The Sundance Channel last night. Very solid film in terms of acting and story. The imagery was very artful if perhaps a little too preening and high concept. I'm not sure if I should have been confused by the film or not. In one respect, the story is a very simple fable, yet it seems as if the film--that is the images that make up the film--was telling a different story. Visually there were some beautiful moments, some harrowing moments, some grotesque moments. I admire anyone who can depict nudity and coitus in a way that is ugly and unappealing rather than erotic. I'm sure it's easy to do, but it is so rarely done (intentionally) that it gave me pause. I really like how the film builds a very typical sense of foreboding and expectation and then jumps the rails entirely about two thirds of the way in. I was expecting a typically atypical supernatural story where it would seem that the story is building toward some inevitable disclosure of supernatural horror. What I got was....well....what I got, which was perfect.
This was my main problem with that film. If I have to wiki what the hell the images in your film mean (because they have no context in terms of the films plot), then it was a failure, imo. Images of mutilated animals, and such, all required to have extensive knowledge of the bible, to even understand why they are on the screen, at all. No thanks. just seemed pretentious, to me.

Have Melancholia in my instaque for prob a year or so, now. Just can't get that sour taste Anti-Christ left me with, out of my mouth. I know I need to revisit it, though, so maybe soon. Or maybe I need to just check out some of his other films.

Last edited by BeRightBack; 05-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.
BeRightBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #47
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

Chapter 1
-The Compleat Angler -

How does an ordinary bag of chocolate sweets become a symbol of sexual victory?

As Joe and her experienced friend B embark on a train trip, they bet on how many men they can seduce on the ride.

The grand prize is a delicious bag of chocolate sweets, and it soon becomes clear to Joe that in order to win, she needs to lure the prey into biting the hook like a skilled fisherman.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #48
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Ultimate High has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
Have Melancholia in my instaque for prob a year or so, now. Just can't get that sour taste Anti-Christ left me with, out of my mouth. I know I need to revisit it, though, so maybe soon. Or maybe I need to just check out some of his other films.
For what it's worth I found Melancholia to be superior to AC in nearly every conceivable way.

I'm not too jazzed on the synopsis, I might check it out when it inevitability makes it's way to Netflix but I can't see myself paying for it, at least not directly.

inhale

exhale
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #49
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is showing you the dirty side of heaven

Old 11-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

I am so pumped for this movie, Lars Von Trier is one of the best directors around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
This was my main problem with that film. If I have to wiki what the hell the images in your film mean (because they have no context in terms of the films plot), then it was a failure, imo. Images of mutilated animals, and such, all required to have extensive knowledge of the bible, to even understand why they are on the screen, at all. No thanks. just seemed pretentious, to me.

I thought the imagery in Antichrist was outstanding and it fitted perfectly with the context of the plot. It deals with the idea that women are inherently evil which is an idea strongly linked to Eve in the garden of Eden.

If you want to check out one of his other films then I highly recommend Dogville, it's a straight forward story told in such a unique style.