The Official UFC/MMA Thread - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:24 AM   #11
BloodySouth
Not Dead Yet

BloodySouth has no status.

Send a message via AIM to BloodySouth Send a message via Yahoo to BloodySouth

Fuck Tito. I wanna see Tito fight Vanderlei Silva again. I seriously don't think it'll go to the scorecards if there ever is a next time.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:37 AM   #12
sleestak
Rotting Corpse

sleestak has no status.

Send a message via AIM to sleestak

Have a few unrelated points to make...

On TUF3 how much of the beef between shamrock and tito do you think is for real? I mean I know they hated each other in the past and that was real, but I start to doubt the hatred when it equals ratings. I just saw a teaser on SpikeTV with them having to be held back from brawling by their respective teams. That's pretty lame for 2 coaches to be doing that. Especially because of the precedent that was set by Hughes/Franklin and Couture/Liddell, which is to act like a professional.

and second, there are 3 big matches coming up that most people think are going to be blowouts. These three matches are:

Silvia vs Arlovski
Griffin vs Ortiz
Hughes vs Gracie

I just wanted to make a prediction that I think Forrest Griffin has a legitimate chance and is going to win by ref stoppage.

I think Silvia will make it to round 2 with AA, but will then get submitted. I have Hughes winning in Round 1 by ground and pound.

Also, I totally agree with AA going to pride. The heavyweight division in the UFC is terrible. Pride has some badass heavyweights. No one really knows how good Arlovski is because he hasn't really been contested too much. A lot of people think he'll be a little fish in a big pond in pride, but we'll see.

and thats my two cents.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
~ Marcus Aurelius
sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #13
BloodySouth
Not Dead Yet

BloodySouth has no status.

Send a message via AIM to BloodySouth Send a message via Yahoo to BloodySouth

I would definitely like to see AA try his hand at Pride. You never know what could happen.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #14
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleestak
3 big matches coming up that most people think are going to be blowouts. These three matches are:

Silvia vs Arlovski
Griffin vs Ortiz
Hughes vs Gracie
Arlovski dominated Silvia last time they fought and will do so again

I hope that Griffin demolishes Ortiz. They guy has way too big of a mouth and it needs to be shut

Im oldschool UFC (Been involved in MMA for 10 years) and hope that Gracie destroys Hughes. I cant stand that arrogant little Barney Rubble lookalike Hughes.

Ultimate Fighter 3 starts tomorrow night after UFC fightnight on Spike TV tomorrow night. Should be entertaining seeing as Ortiz and Shammrock are the coaches.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #15
sleestak
Rotting Corpse

sleestak has no status.

I am also old school UFC. In fact I was opposed to the new breed of the UFC with the extra rules and weight classes but it grew on me.

The one thing I have to admit is that the fighters these days are much more well rounded and prepared to fight in the UFC.

Royce was a ground fighter who would take advantages of his opponent's mistakes, and keep them unlethal until they did. This could sometimes take 20 minutes of just laying on the ground. With the new 5 minute rounds, and with the refs now standing them up if there's not much activity, that seriously puts Royce at a disadvantage, not to mention not being able to use his Gi anymore. Also, Royce was fighting a lot of guys who had absolutely no ground game at all.

While I admit I am a bigger fan of Royce and I also think Hughes is a douchebag, I still have to admit, I think Hughes is totally going to kick his ass. Hughes is younger, MUCH stronger, a MUCH better striker, faster and equally as smart as Gracie.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
~ Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by sleestak; 04-05-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #16
SlayerX
OG Salmon

Quote:

While I admit I am a bigger fan of Royce and I also think Hughes is a douchebag, I still have to admit, I think Hughes is totally going to kick his ass. Hughes is younger, MUCH stronger, a MUCH better striker, faster and equally as smart as Gracie.
I believe you will be right especially with all the new rules. BBJ is alot of just lying around waiting for your opponent to make a mistake so when it goes to the ground things need to happen quick or they will just continue to be stood up where I believe Hughes to be a much better striker.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #17
Severn
It... Won't... Die...

Severn is thinking he would go back in time and nail Deborah Harry.

Send a message via AIM to Severn Send a message via MSN to Severn Send a message via Yahoo to Severn

Quote:

Also, I totally agree with AA going to pride. The heavyweight division in the UFC is terrible. Pride has some badass heavyweights. No one really knows how good Arlovski is because he hasn't really been contested too much. A lot of people think he'll be a little fish in a big pond in pride, but we'll see.

and thats my two cents.
Well I totally agree with that. UFC doesn't have many heavyweights of any merritt at the moment outside of AA. I'd love to see him go to PRIDE mainly because he'll get paid big time over there and we'll see some great matches. AA is a beast total beast.

- Frankenstein's Monster.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #18
sleestak
Rotting Corpse

sleestak has no status.

also, to add to my point about the Hughes/Gracie fight:

Hughes doesn't make many mistakes

~ Marcus Aurelius
Old 04-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #19
Severn
It... Won't... Die...

Severn is thinking he would go back in time and nail Deborah Harry.

Send a message via AIM to Severn Send a message via MSN to Severn Send a message via Yahoo to Severn

So what did you guys think of the first episode of UF3? I love how there aren't any competitions anymore and that it's just fighting. It's only episode one but Shamrock's training seems a bit outdated. Anyway great start to the new season.

What do you guys think?

- Frankenstein's Monster.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:37 AM   #20
SlayerX
OG Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severn
So what did you guys think of the first episode of UF3? I love how there aren't any competitions anymore and that it's just fighting. It's only episode one but Shamrock's training seems a bit outdated. Anyway great start to the new season.

What do you guys think?
I liked it alot and agree with you on Shamrocks training. It is really strange some of the stuff he was doing. I love the coinflip decides who calls the fight. Much better then pointless competitions. Looks like it will be a great season.