The Creature From The Black Lagoon (1954) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Classic Horror

Classic Horror From earliest Horror Classics - 1950's.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
living dead man
Not Dead Yet

living dead man has no status.

Thumbs up The Creature From The Black Lagoon (1954)

I guess it all started when I was this small zombie pup *flashback clouds* I always had this fascination with this monster. I remember hanging out with my friend who had this really cool giant poster of the creature on the wall. It was a shot of him walking out of the cave with both arms out roaring at the camera. I always came over, went into his mom's fridge, took out a can of coke and sat there taking sips looking at this great beast. It just fascinated me. At the time I was just getting introduced into the horror genre and I would watch the movies time to time but nothing caught me like this creature did. No Way!
Now I always looked at this poster with awe but I have not yet seen this movie. I remember one day, looking at the TV schedule and low and behold, Saturday, 9AM, "Creature......", I nearly choked on my soda that I was drinking at home. I called up my friend and told him,he replied,"You never saw it yet?".......I was embarrassed! Anyway the day arrived and there it was in all it's glory with a hot girl in Julie Adams too, It was everything I thought it was and more. Now here's the deal, I remember getting real sad when he died at the end. I saw it then like I see it now, all this monster was doing was protecting himself, survival. I figure that it was a harmless creature that lived among the land and when "we" came there to steal him from his habitat, it responded in an intelligent, fightul way. Shit! if they were attacking me, I would try to fuck them up, set up traps and make fancy at the girl, it's natural. Anyway the creature lives on........
Till this day, the movie remains as one of my faves and that gillman suit never wears thin. Cool Shit!
Old 03-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
living dead man
Not Dead Yet

The sequels were alright........
I mean "....Walks Among Us" was a neat idea.

Yeah, I just responded to my own thread to push it up

I'm so ashamed
Old 03-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
living dead man
Not Dead Yet

Come on! there has to be more "Creature........" fans than.......me!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
The Ripper
Send... More... Paramedics

The Ripper has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Ripper

ok

Old 03-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #5
sleestak
Rotting Corpse

sleestak has no status.

Send a message via AIM to sleestak

while i can't say i've ever watched creature from the black lagoon all the way through, i do have respect for the early monster films (wolfman, frankenstein, dracula, etc.).

great thread man. i wish there were more threads like this. it seems anymore that most BD members just want to be asswipes to people who aren't in their "family" or argue about stupid crap.

i always thought the gillman suit was and is still one of the best.

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
~ Marcus Aurelius
sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
living dead man
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleestak
great thread man. i wish there were more threads like this. it seems anymore that most BD members just want to be asswipes to people who aren't in their "family" or argue about stupid crap.
Hey, thanks bro! Yeah, I have had my board experiences. A lot of it is about favoritism, fights, cliques, controllers. Yeah! I've been through it all but to me, posting, is about bringing topics, experiences. Basically shooting the shit and I don't want to make it my life or anything
Old 03-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #7
Mary T. Morbid
Not Dead Yet

Mary T. Morbid has no status.

Creature from the Black Lagoon is in my favorite 15 horror films of all time! I love this movie. The creature suit is one of the best monster designs in the history of monster movies! This film has lasting power! A true classic! The last great monster movie from Universal. The two sequels are good, I really enjoy 'Revenge' and think 'Walks Amoung Us' is fun but I'm not a big fan of the way he looks in that film. He moves more like Frankenstein's monster but hey, it's still a good time!
Old 03-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #8
living dead man
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T. Morbid
Creature from the Black Lagoon is in my favorite 15 horror films of all time! I love this movie. The creature suit is one of the best monster designs in the history of monster movies! This film has lasting power! A true classic! The last great monster movie from Universal. The two sequels are good, I really enjoy 'Revenge' and think 'Walks Amoung Us' is fun but I'm not a big fan of the way he looks in that film. He moves more like Frankenstein's monster but hey, it's still a good time!
Cool! I guess with "Walks among us", they were trying something different. Usually in the Universal remakes besides "Bride". They basically repeated the premise. This was a humanized version of the Creature and how he was better off back where he belongs...the lagoon. It was cool but not a classic like the first one.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
Baby Jenks
Rotting Corpse

Baby Jenks has no status.

I am not a major fan, but I can appreciate the monster costume and the whole beauty and the beast (creature) story. In the early 80s I remember going to a midnight showing of "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" in 3-D while I thought it was a bit silly and cheesy I still had fun

Baby Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
living dead man
Not Dead Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Jenks
I am not a major fan, but I can appreciate the monster costume and the whole beauty and the beast (creature) story. In the early 80s I remember going to a midnight showing of "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" in 3-D while I thought it was a bit silly and cheesy I still had fun
The 3-D was a bit cheesy but, yeah, it was fun. don't get me wrong the film is a little bit dated but it's a good story and the monster is timeless.....